Nothing Huge - Living with the Land final greenhouse area curtained off

IlikeDW

Original Poster
Did the LWtL walking tour early Dec and the guide said they were about to open a new Aqua-Ponics exhibit. Apparently there will be fish in a tank, the fish dung solids will be separated from the nutrients. The nutrients will then be used to feed the plants:lookaroun.

Disneyson 1

Wait... this is replacing the "NASA" exhibit? Sounds cool!

P.S. I are bad fanboy... how does the ride end again? With that barn full of screens?

Captain Hank

Wait... this is replacing the "NASA" exhibit? Sounds cool!

P.S. I are bad fanboy... how does the ride end again? With that barn full of screens?
The NASA CELSS will stay intact, either in whole or part (I'm not exactly sure which at the moment).

The ride ends with a wall of lit images of people and produce that fade in and out.

Disneyson 1

Oh... so is this an extra scene or is this replacing the people fading in and out?

P.S. Is anyone else reminded of the old Hershey's Great American Chocolate Tour ending when you get there? I mean, I expect the sent of chocolate, yet I smell fresh veggies.

Captain Hank

Oh... so is this an extra scene or is this replacing the people fading in and out?

P.S. Is anyone else reminded of the old Hershey's Great American Chocolate Tour ending when you get there? I mean, I expect the sent of chocolate, yet I smell fresh veggies.
Nope, the blocked off area is inside the Creative Greenhouse, the last greenhouse area seen from the boat ride.

Disneyson 1

Oh....
(looks up youtube video)

OH! Good to see "plussing" going on in EPCOT! But what are they going to do with the Hydroponics? They can't just remove all that food from their menus, can they?

IlikeDW

Original Poster
I think the hydroponics stay, when we were there there was an area almost in the center of the green house that had walls up around it.

DisneyDellsDude

I saw it tarped up this past Thanksgiving, but forgot to mention it on here. It's in the last greenhouse - the large space on the left of the boat when you ride through before you get to the NASA stuff.

jt04

This is GREAT news. The Land is my favorite pavilion and I am glad it keeps getting updated.:)

All FW pavilions should be as comprehensive as The Land.

Too bad we don't get regular pictoral updates anymore of the changes that take place at WDW.

I know we aren't supposed to mention the one who should not be mentioned but he did provide great pics of all the changes. They were worth the aggravation IMO.

IlikeDW

Original Poster
This is GREAT news. The Land is my favorite pavilion and I am glad it keeps getting updated.:)

All FW pavilions should be as comprehensive as The Land.

Too bad we don't get regular pictoral updates anymore of the changes that take place at WDW.

I know we aren't supposed to mention the one who should not be mentioned but he did provide great pics of all the changes. They were worth the aggravation IMO.

Link to a few photos from the walking tour:
http://picasaweb.google.com/tehood/TheLand?feat=directlink

If you look at the third picture you can see the wall and part of the banner, says something like planting the seeds...

jt04

Thanks very much! That provides a great image as to what people are talking about. Guess we don't need M*rf afterall.

IlikeDW

Original Poster
Little drift, on the way into the walking tour we saw one of the subs from 20000 leagues in a backstage fenced in area. Sorry no pics, was told no pictures in that area.

Back on topic I recommend the walking tour for anyone who has not done it, takes an hour and is not expensive by Disney standards.

jt04

Little drift, on the way into the walking tour we saw one of the subs from 20000 leagues in a backstage fenced in area. Sorry no pics, was told no pictures in that area.

Back on topic I recommend the walking tour for anyone who has not done it, takes an hour and is not expensive by Disney standards.

What? :eek: Lee, Martin, Jedi, anyone????

Did the guide say what land/area the sub is for?

IlikeDW

Original Poster
Guide said it was one left over from original ride, sort of a souvenir(her words not mine). Just thought it was cool to see it. Did not get close maybe 50-60 yards.

jt04

Guide said it was one left over from original ride, sort of a souvenir. Just thought it was cool to see it. Did not get close maybe 50-60 yards.

You are either joking or something else is going on. I'll wait for some insiders. This would be interesting if true. Sorry to doubt you but that is rather unbelievable.

EPCOT Explorer

You are either joking or something else is going on. I'll wait for some insiders. This would be interesting if true. Sorry to doubt you but that is rather unbelievable.

It's just left over, I believe....

But I know what you are thinking.;) Pretty sure it would be new.

jt04

It's just left over, I believe....

But I know what you are thinking.;) Pretty sure it would be new.

I got the impression it is backstage at Epcot and I had never heard of one being there. I thought all of the ones left on property were destroyed. So, if true, it creates a lot of possibilities. But this sure sounds fishy.

cattle

i'm almost sure it was just the top half of the sub that was in the backlot tour water tank at DHS for a number of years. It was just a sliced off top, no sub attached.

Martin? Adam? can you confirm?

IlikeDW

Original Poster
I Never saw the ride so I can only go by what guide said, She asked us if anyone new what it was I said 20000(looked like pictures I had seen), she said yes it was one left over as souvenir or keepsake or something like that. I have not gone thru my videos yet but I think I taped up to the point where she asked us to turn cameras off. Maybe someone can take the behind the seeds walking tour and double check. It was after we walked away from the biotech lab window before we went into the green house, a bit off to the left of the door to the green house. I'm not an insider, just a regular Disney Fan (05,06,08) retelling what I saw/heard. It did not look in the best shape from a distance and there was various other stuff there also but nothing that meant anything to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom