Nothing Huge - Living with the Land final greenhouse area curtained off

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
AWESOME!:sohappy:

As soon as I saw the picture the light bulb went on. So it's aquaculture and hydroponics in one!:D

No need to transport the fertilizer from somewhere else for the plants and if the fish were to be "processed" in the same building the "leftovers" could also be used as fertilizer for the plants. And when the plants get processed the residue could be used for fish food.:)

No need for pesticides and climate controlled so yeilds are completely predictable. Very Horizons-esque and EPCOT Center-esque too!:cool:

Thanks Disney! This is the kind of thing that keeps me hooked! (Ha Ha----a little fish pun there):wave:

And thank you Captain Hank for the great pictures!
Here, here! :D :wave:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Ahhh.... a bit of TLC. Hopefully they`ll realise the final scene needs something doing to it.... since Living with the Land opened it`s been such an anticlimax. I mean single images backlit by a fading bulb??? How lowtech can you get? Even multiple images in the same space would be an improvement. A couple of LCD screens hidden in a decorated flat would be better. Listen to the Lands Symphony of the the Seed finale was more pleasing visually. Just a pet peeve that`s haunted me since 1994.
Martin, they didnt waste resources here since everyone is just waking up from cat naps... im guilty of that sometimes. The boat ride is so nice and soothing

But yes, very anticlimatic ending.

Ah, but that's the whole point! :)

The fish "waste" solids are filtered out of the water in such a way that the water retains the nutrient content from the waste. This nutrient-enriched water is then pumped to the top of the sytem, where it serves as nutrition for the plants. Thus, growing two food sources at once in the same system.
So forget teaching a man how to fish; feed him for a lifetime, teach a man how to make fish ________ feed plants and filter their own water at the same time = Talapia over a garden salad. :slurp:

raven

Wow, that's it? The concept pictures backstage look more impressive. Oh well I guess something is better than nothing at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom