Not-Worth-It Attractions

wvdisneyfamily

:lookaroun:rolleyes::lol:

Well, these threads usually are created for an argument...not friendly discussion. Surely you realize that? I'm surprised this one has not erupted into a fanboi EPCOT war.:lookaroun:rolleyes::lol:

And Tim is far from a troll.;)

I get so tired of Epcot "fanboi" types who never want to see all that is wrong with Disney. :rolleyes:

:wave: Hope you had a great New Year!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I get so tired of Epcot "fanboi" types who never want to see all that is wrong with Disney. :rolleyes:

:wave: Hope you had a great New Year!

Where exactly do you think that these "fanboi types" should hang out? :shrug: :rolleyes:

You come to a WDW fan site and don't expect fanboys? :rolleyes: :ROFLOL:

Pongo

I may just be easy to please, but I can honestly say there isn't a single attraction at WDW that I wouldn't willingly do at some point in time. Sometimes I just get random urges to do crazy things like Sounds Dangerous, Stitch's Great Escape, and Triceratop Spin. Usually it's only because I haven't done them in a while, but still, I get the urge. I also had the the privilege of being a local AP holder for two years, who went once a week, so I could skip the biggies if I wanted to.

That said, there are attractions that don't usually come up as things I want to do. They include:

-All the spinners except Astro Orbiter. I used to ride AO every night when I would visit MK. It's the only spinner worth riding to me because of the height and sense of speed.

-Star Tours. It's too noisy. I don't mean the movie, but the actual ride system just makes way too many squeaks.

-Peter Pan. The line is just way too long and the actual ride is just way too quick and boring.

-The 3-D movies. For some reason, 3-D movies just don't work well with me and make me feel cross-eyed and give me a headache. So I do them fairly rarely.

-Festival of the Lion King. I think this show is boring, and I'd much rather see Nemo on the other side of the park.

Some of the rides that other people dislike are actually a few of my favorites. I love Rafiki's Planet Watch and would take the train out there any day. I also really enjoy Living with the Land. It was my favorite ride as a kid. The Jungle Cruise is best at night, IMO. And I see Impressions de France every time I'm in Epcot. It's a great film with great music.

Different Strokes for Different Folks, I guess. I suppose I'm just a fan of everything.

yeti

Well, as you can see through 6 pages of the thread, it wasn't created for arguments and the only problems have come from the first guy with that stupid cartoon, and then the other one crying "troll". He strikes me as exactly a troll.....trying to start arguments where there aren't any.

Is it just me, or did the argument seem to start when you replied to the infamous troll cartoon?

Oh, and I tend to skip Jungle Cruise, Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, Indy Stunt Show, Sounds Dangerous, Circle of Life, and the China Show (what's it called again?) more often than not. :)

goodtimes5286

It would take WAY too much thought to formulate my own list, but as for yours I agree with most.

Jungle Cruise if you get the right person is a GREAT ride because the boat captain makes it fun. In my experience the person has to be young (and most likely an aspiring comedian)

Stitch's Great Escape was a great ride (Alien Encounter) they took and DESTROYED. I wont go NEAR it out of spite alone. Alien Encounter is the only ride I've seen grown people CRY on, I mean that's special

Sounds Dangerous is a good place to sit and relax (if your talking about the area where you can sit and listen to a day on the job in DTS in your own private booth). As for the actual show, I went on it once and I gotta agree

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor I'm sorry....NO! This attraction is the BEST sit and enjoy attraction.

Universe of Energy I like Ellen's Energy Adventure, I'm sorry I dont know why.

Star Tours is fun, and now with Body War's gone its the only simulator of it's kind. Plus what else could you put in that area?

Kali River Rapids if I didnt get SOAKED its a fun ride

And I gotta add... HoP, I just don't get any enjoyment from it. The only country I need to go in is Norway to ride the Maelstrom, and Mexico's revamped boat ride is pretty cool too. Besides that no countries give me a thrill. I think they need an American coaster!

Besides that no countries give me a thrill. I think they need an American coaster!

Ugh, this is what pretty much killed Epcot IMO, is when people wanted more thrills instead of the 'edu-taining' rides in Future World. If you want thrills, go somewhere else, but don't get rid of what made Epcot great just so you can get more people to visit because it has a new coaster or spin and puke machine :rolleyes:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ugh, this is what pretty much killed Epcot IMO, is when people wanted more thrills instead of the 'edu-taining' rides in Future World. If you want thrills, go somewhere else, but don't get rid of what made Epcot great just so you can get more people to visit because it has a new coaster or spin and puke machine :rolleyes:

Which is exactly what happened leaving Epcot to die on its . While the premise of edu-tainment may be a good one, TV just does it so much better, quicker and more current.

Which is exactly what happened leaving Epcot to die on its . While the premise of edu-tainment may be a good one, TV just does it so much better, quicker and more current.

But how many of you would actually turn to a program on TLC, Discovery, or even PBS? Not many. How many would you have gone on attractions at Epcot that showed the same thing? More than those that have the choice between watching nature films on TV, or riding through greenhouses and set pieces about nature. There is a big difference between being there in the middle of it, and just another TV show. I blame society as a whole for being stupid in wanting thrills and spills instead of attractions like Horizons and World of Motion, also for them to dumb down the narration of Spaceship Earth. Now it feels like Disney has a reason to get rid of it now because it's lost it's punch.

Pumbas Nakasak

But how many of you would actually turn to a program on TLC, Discovery, or even PBS? Not many. How many would you have gone on attractions at Epcot that showed the same thing? More than those that have the choice between watching nature films on TV, or riding through greenhouses and set pieces about nature. There is a big difference between being there in the middle of it, and just another TV show. I blame society as a whole for being stupid in wanting thrills and spills instead of attractions like Horizons and World of Motion, also for them to dumb down the narration of Spaceship Earth. Now it feels like Disney has a reason to get rid of it now because it's lost it's punch.

Guess I'm stupid, but I want theme parks to entertain, and provide me with thrills. I'm not sure I want corporation sponsored information and so called education. You are of course forgetting that a dumbed down society is easier to control and behave like good consumers, but thats a governmental programme rather than Disney.

MKCP 1985

Not much the Walt Disney Co. can do about that, but at least you are placing the blame where it belongs. At the end of the day, the Walt Disney World resort is all about giving people what they want, not cramming something down their throats deemed "good for them." :lookaroun

(I like thrills and spills :eek: )

Anyway, my personal list of attractions that "aren't worth it" to me:

Magic Kingdom:
Hall of Presidents
Tiki Room (in ANY form)

Epcot:
Land attractions other than Soarin'
Country films, (except France)

Disney Hollywood Studios:
Sounds Dangerous (It is still open? Really?)

Animal Kingdom:
Primeval Whirl
Conservation Station

All of these are easy enough to skip without feeling like I've missed anything in a full day's park experience.

BuddhasHomeGirl

I am genuinely surprised so many people said Jungle Cruise. :veryconfu

Off the top of my head I have to say ANY and ALL live shows....I hate the live shows, they bore me to death. :brick:

Not much the Walt Disney Co. can do about that, but at least you are placing the blame where it belongs. At the end of the day, the Walt Disney World resort is all about giving people what they want, not cramming something down their throats deemed "good for them." :lookaroun

(I like thrills and spills :eek: )

That's the thing, I don't think the people know what they really want, and Disney doesn't seem to really care that much about what people actually want. Shutting down PI in favor for more giftshops because the majority of their survey polls say so? What about the new American Idol attraction? Did we really ask for that one? Nope, but I'm sure Disney put it in there because they think we wanted it, and then they'll cram commercials about it, and their birthday promotion down our throats. I for one actually like most of the attractions listed in this thread. Why? Because it's something different, hardly any lines whatsoever, and does offer a rest from the thrills and spills which I also enjoy. Disney needs a good mix of both, but I feel they got rid of the better less thrilling attractions in favor of more thrills while leaving the least popular attractions in place. Besides, I don't think Disney has ever tried to force you to board that train to the conservation station, for example, they tell you what it is in the park map, and you pretty much decide if it's worth seeing or not.

Pumbas Nakasak

That's the thing, I don't think the people know what they really want, and Disney doesn't seem to really care that much about what people actually want. Shutting down PI in favor for more giftshops because the majority of their survey polls say so? What about the new American Idol attraction? Did we really ask for that one? Nope, but I'm sure Disney put it in there because they think we wanted it, and then they'll cram commercials about it, and their birthday promotion down our throats. I for one actually like most of the attractions listed in this thread. Why? Because it's something different, hardly any lines whatsoever, and does offer a rest from the thrills and spills which I also enjoy. Disney needs a good mix of both, but I feel they got rid of the better less thrilling attractions in favor of more thrills while leaving the least popular attractions in place. Besides, I don't think Disney has ever tried to force you to board that train to the conservation station, for example, they tell you what it is in the park map, and you pretty much decide if it's worth seeing or not.

I think you are pretty naive if you think polls, if they existed, dont ask leading questions, I can guarantee they were created in a way to give Disney the answers the bean counters wanted to hear.
Your post is slightly confusing in that it implies that we guests dont know what we want, but then you state that Disney just puts in what it thinks we want.:veryconfu
I know what I want, roughly, but I also know exactly what I dont want, empty spaces, dark attractions and pap like American karaoke.

Share_The_Magic

The only attractions that my group usually bypasses are:
-Tomorrowland Speedway
-The back lot tour
-The tea cups
and
-the Winnie the Pooh ride

But I think that all attractions are worth at least trying.
:)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think you are pretty naive if you think polls, if they existed, dont ask leading questions, I can guarantee they were created in a way to give Disney the answers the bean counters wanted to hear.
Your post is slightly confusing in that it implies that we guests dont know what we want, but then you state that Disney just puts in what it thinks we want.:veryconfu
I know what I want, roughly, but I also know exactly what I dont want, empty spaces, dark attractions and pap like American karaoke.

Wait...don't blame karaoke on the Americans. :lol:

A lot can be blamed on us, but Karaoke is a plague than can't be pinned on us. :lookaroun

goodtimes5286

Guess I'm stupid, but I want theme parks to entertain, and provide me with thrills. I'm not sure I want corporation sponsored information and so called education. You are of course forgetting that a dumbed down society is easier to control and behave like good consumers, but thats a governmental programme rather than Disney.

2x, I don't pay $67.50 so that I can learn. My classes cost WAY less then that per day and its information I 1) Want to hear, 2) It interests me, 3) I still know at the end of the day.

Don't get me wrong though, dont think I want all of the countries to come crumbling down, just do it a different way. Not EVERY country has to have a boring video as there attraction. Norway does it well, a nice little ride (that goes backwards :slurp:) and an optional video at the end. Or work the information in while your waiting for the ride. I can't tell you how many times I've stopped and looked at animal information in the BATHROOM of Busch Gardens. Why? Because it's there and theres nothing else to do. Give me information, but do it in a way so that I WANT to hear it, not a way I'm going to avoid it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom