Not-Worth-It Attractions

If you don't want to pay money to learn, then just don't visit that one park, there are 3 others to choose from all with their own specific theme, no one is forcing you to go visit Epcot to learn. Think of it this way, Epcot was like a well thought out giant museum full of immersive attractions and interactive fun, it was money well worth spent if you were into that sort of stuff. I remember going to Epcot on a field trip (nice being a local ;) ) and loved it. I doubt they do that anymore since there's hardly any educational value left in the park. Epcot is just a mishmush of attractions, and then the world showcase. I never did feel like they were forcing information down, they made it fun to learn.

disneyan

aww i love the living with the land!!! but you have to take to tour behind the scenes. it is much better....but i am the dorky kind who likes to learn on vacation..its the teacher in me lol. but give it a try im sure it will take it off your list of things not to do!!

JimboJones123

Jungle Cruise is such a risk. Could be the greatest ride ever. I've also had skippers speed through so fast we waited for three boats to unload at the end when we got off.

LOVE it though. We like to rank the skippers and ALWAYS praise good skippers.

Jungle Cruise is such a risk. Could be the greatest ride ever. I've also had skippers speed through so fast we waited for three boats to unload at the end when we got off.

LOVE it though. We like to rank the skippers and ALWAYS praise good skippers.

Yup, you really have no idea how great your skipper is until it already started, and by then, it's too late to bail out, lol. As for the backups though, they are common and most likely due to the rope boat (transfers boat) or the wheelchair boat. Loading/unloading the rope boat is done at the unload dock, and usually doesn't take too long. However, if you're caught in a backup due to the wheelchair boat, you could be there for an extra couple of minutes. I also highly doubt your skip was rushing through the jungle, because the boats can only go so fast, and when they're loaded, they slow down quite a bit during full throttle. I'm guessing you're probably used to some skips stop at just about every other scene, which is common, but not required since it's kinda frowned upon and may cause a backup that way if you have to keep your distance from the boat that's taking it's sweet time.

Thanks for ranking the skips, and I'm sure they greatly appreciate your praise, because after seeing thousands and thousands of blank stares and ackward looks, it's always nice to see someone actually enjoy your corny jokes :)

vxangelkissxv

I'm actually a little sad that people seem to dislike the Swiss Family Treehouse. I just love it! It is similar to Tom Sawyer Island in that you can just sort of wander around and explore (plus, you get a great aerial view of the park.) The same goes for Rafiki's Planet Watch... When my friend and I ventured out there on a whim, not knowing what it was, we were really pleasantly surprised. We occupied ourselves for a good forty-five minutes, and both found it was alot more interesting than we originally thought it would be.

But I honestly don't "avoid" any attraction in particular. Even Small World holds a special place in my heart, thanks to some wonderful (and hilarious) memories from childhood. The same goes for Hall of Presidents-- the memories I have about that attraction are too precious! Although, I must admit, I absolutely loathe any sort of live entertainment in the form of stage shows. So I guess if I had to say I avoid anything, it would the shows.

Basically, I stay away from anything with a really long wait, or if it's the wrong time of year for an attraction (Splash Mountain in December. Never again!)

goodtimes5286

If you don't want to pay money to learn, then just don't visit that one park, there are 3 others to choose from all with their own specific theme, no one is forcing you to go visit Epcot to learn. Think of it this way, Epcot was like a well thought out giant museum full of immersive attractions and interactive fun, it was money well worth spent if you were into that sort of stuff. I remember going to Epcot on a field trip (nice being a local ;) ) and loved it. I doubt they do that anymore since there's hardly any educational value left in the park. Epcot is just a mishmush of attractions, and then the world showcase. I never did feel like they were forcing information down, they made it fun to learn.

I'm still going to go to Epcot (because I love Disney), but when we're in a "not worth it attractions" thread and I include world showcase and reasons why and then I get flamed for not wanting to learn, that's going to be my response. I don't pay 67.50 to learn. So as for skipping Epcot and going to 3 other parks, no thank-you, I'll take all of my Disney please.

TT, Mission Space (1 of my if not my FAVORITE ride that no1 I know likes :(, Ellen's energy adventure, Body wars (pre closing), turtle talk w/ crush, the maelstrom. I'm going to go to Epcot because I like those rides, but I'm also going to skip WS because I don't come to a park to learn about Canadian culture (no offense to any canadians, just not my idea of a vacation).

As for fun to learn, do a school tour. I did 2 (1 at MK and 1 at Epcot) and I would give body parts to do that again! I wanted to do them all sooooo badly but you HAVE to be apart of a school or else NEGATIVE. Theres another one I didn't get to do that let you ride space mountain in the light and then in the dark and we never got to do that because we would have had to leave school at like 3:30am to get up there before the park opened to do that and the whole class (except me n like 1 other person) voted it down :cry: (buckets and buckets and buckets). I thought since those tours were the BEST I'd do the backstage magic ultra pimp expensive tour..... but it doesn't stand even close to the skool tours shadow.....but thats another conversation

I wasn't talking about World Showcase, I'm not a fan of that either and could care less about the countries, since most of them are just gift shops and resteraunts. I was talking more along the lines of the former attractions in Future World, such as Horizons, World of Motion, The Living Seas, Journey into Imagination, Kitchen Kaberet, Communicore, etc. I feel that those attractions were fine as is and if anyone wanted thrills, they could either have built it in one of the countries or a new pavillion that didn't take over one of the better attractions, but that's also for another thread. I was perfectly ok with Epcot not having thrill rides and be mostly edutaining, there was no need for them to try to be something different just to appeal to everyone else.

ttalovebug

I'm actually a little sad that people seem to dislike the Swiss Family Treehouse. I just love it! It is similar to Tom Sawyer Island in that you can just sort of wander around and explore (plus, you get a great aerial view of the park.) The same goes for Rafiki's Planet Watch... When my friend and I ventured out there on a whim, not knowing what it was, we were really pleasantly surprised. We occupied ourselves for a good forty-five minutes, and both found it was alot more interesting than we originally thought it would be.

But I honestly don't "avoid" any attraction in particular. Even Small World holds a special place in my heart, thanks to some wonderful (and hilarious) memories from childhood. The same goes for Hall of Presidents-- the memories I have about that attraction are too precious! Although, I must admit, I absolutely loathe any sort of live entertainment in the form of stage shows. So I guess if I had to say I avoid anything, it would the shows.

Basically, I stay away from anything with a really long wait, or if it's the wrong time of year for an attraction (Splash Mountain in December. Never again!)

Exactly! Those wandering around, take your time attractions can be so much fun. When you're by yourself, you can just take in everything and have some peaceful quiet time. And if you're with friends, you can run around in the caves scaring each other, and use your imagination. Don't knock it till you've tried it!

voodoo321

#1. Mission Space- I can take my laptop, with cheap video game graphics, on the Gravitron at the county fair with the creepy guy(Gary Sinise) loading the ride and get the same experience.

#2. Test Track- I can get the same theming/atmosphere at a local factory and get the same thrill/experience on the highway on the way to the park.

#3. Parades, Stageshows- just don't get it.

#4. Rafiki's Planet Watch- might be nice for a local zoo, but after the build-up of having to ride a train to get there, it is a huge let-down and waste of time.

Of course I could include others such as the spinners, movies, etc., but they are what they are; no pretenses.

I have yet to ride Stitch, MILF, Nemo, TSM, EE as they were not built the last time I visited. I've been going to Disneyland for the past 5 years but will visit WDW this month.

goodtimes5286

#1. Mission Space- I can take my laptop, with cheap video game graphics, on the Gravitron at the county fair with the creepy guy(Gary Sinise) loading the ride and get the same experience.

#2. Test Track- I can get the same theming/atmosphere at a local factory and get the same thrill/experience on the highway on the way to the park.

#3. Parades, Stageshows- just don't get it.

#4. Rafiki's Planet Watch- might be nice for a local zoo, but after the build-up of having to ride a train to get there, it is a huge let-down and waste of time.

Funny, not accurate imo, but funny.....except for the last 2. Those are pretty solid. Honestly are the building on to RPW or what because I just don't get it?

CThaddeus

Ok, I have to ask because this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say something like that in regards to Tower of Terror........what about it didn't follow through with the story?

The story: The hotel's elevator was struck by lightning with guests in it and it dropped really fast and took them to the Twilight Zone.

The ride: The elevator takes you, too, to the Twilight Zone which you can see aspects of it each time the elevator doors open, and also as you move forward through the hallway. Oh, and the elevator drops fast several times.

Where didn't you think it followed through with the story? Seems to me it followed up the story exactly.

My feeling is that since you're supposed to now be in this "episode" of "The Twilight Zone" that there will be some kind of decent resolution to what happened to those people who disappeared. Instead, you get a ten second glimpse of them conducting electricity amongst themselves, a forward move through a scene you've already seen (ie. a 3-D recreation of the main titles of the show), then a ton of incredibly controlled ups and downs, and finally a warning from "Rod" to not get into an elevator in an abandoned hotel again (no, really? Thanks for the helpful tip!). If the drops were to drop you into the Twilight Zone, then am I to take it that the gift shop IS the Zone itself? And where is the resolution for those people? Yes, I know "Twilight Zone" episodes end strangely and with unusual twists, but for me, there is just NO ending. There should have been something after the drops, similar to Splash Mountain, where there's a kind of wrap-up. I'm sorry, for me, once the video ends in the library, so does the attraction.

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
But if you didn't object to it, there'd be no arguement.

Why wouldn't I object to it? I asked people a question that was the basis of the thread and I get that garbage instead, which was posted with the express intention of flaming and starting an argument.

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
I am genuinely surprised so many people said Jungle Cruise.

Why is that? There aren't ANY skippers that are even remotely amusing, and it's basically a nothing boat ride past the worst animatronic creatures in all the World.....IMO, a huge waste of time with no entertainment value.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Why wouldn't I object to it? I asked people a question that was the basis of the thread and I get that garbage instead, which was posted with the express intention of flaming and starting an argument.

I disagree. This whole thread was started with the express desire to start an argument. And when I look back at your responses to people, that's what I see.

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
I disagree. This whole thread was started with the express desire to start an argument. And when I look back at your responses to people, that's what I see.

No, the thread was not started with that desire. Don't presume to try and tell me why I started this thread. You don't know me, and you don't know my intentions. YOUR responses have only been given with the intent of starting arguments. Everyone else's have been civil and non-antagonistic.

yeti

No, the thread was not started with that desire. Don't presume to try and tell me why I started this thread. You don't know me, and you don't know my intentions. YOUR responses have only been given with the intent of starting arguments. Everyone else's have been civil and non-antagonistic.

Alright, if you were really as keen as you say you are to not start any arguments within your thread, you wouldn't have objected to it.

155.jpg

ttalovebug

My feeling is that since you're supposed to now be in this "episode" of "The Twilight Zone" that there will be some kind of decent resolution to what happened to those people who disappeared. Instead, you get a ten second glimpse of them conducting electricity amongst themselves, a forward move through a scene you've already seen (ie. a 3-D recreation of the main titles of the show), then a ton of incredibly controlled ups and downs, and finally a warning from "Rod" to not get into an elevator in an abandoned hotel again (no, really? Thanks for the helpful tip!). If the drops were to drop you into the Twilight Zone, then am I to take it that the gift shop IS the Zone itself? And where is the resolution for those people? Yes, I know "Twilight Zone" episodes end strangely and with unusual twists, but for me, there is just NO ending. There should have been something after the drops, similar to Splash Mountain, where there's a kind of wrap-up. I'm sorry, for me, once the video ends in the library, so does the attraction.

Actually, I think it does have a story. The tv "episode" we watched in the library tells us that five people disappeared from the elevator. We go up in the elevator ourselves to find out what happened. We discover they never really left and that they are now ghosts, a part of the "Twilight Zone", and we narrowly escape the same fate. At least, that's what I get. :shrug:

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
Alright, if you were really as keen as you say you are to not start any arguments within your thread, you wouldn't have objected to it.

Not true, troll. Who wouldn't have objected to anyone like him (or yourself) who just cruises threads trying to cause trouble where there isn't any?

BuddhasHomeGirl

Why is that? There aren't ANY skippers that are even remotely amusing, and it's basically a nothing boat ride past the worst animatronic creatures in all the World.....IMO, a huge waste of time with no entertainment value.

I get what your saying, but I thought more people would have enjoyed it and not skipped it just for pure nostalgia. Every time an older ride is taken away everyone screams that they are taking away the old Disney and there is no nostalgia left, yet so many people skip the old rides, if you don't want the old rides taken away you have to ride them so the park sees that there is still a public draw to the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom