Not-Worth-It Attractions

ttalovebug

I also don't understand the problem with IASW, it's a classic, and the Jungle Cruise is always fun. I also love the "lots of walking required" attractions like Swiss Family Treehouse and Tom Sawyer's Island. Exploring the caves and walking trails is alot of old-fashioned fun, but I guess people would rather have screens? :lookaroun Just kidding, but I do think most of the tourists are afraid of a little extra exercise.

CThaddeus

I've done them all (or at least all that were open as of October 2007), but there are some I just don't see a point in doing again:
1. Lights, Motors, Action! - Too freaking hot in Florida to not be shaded and a lame show to boot.
2. Under New Management - Complete insult to the original Tiki Room. If the 1st grade level argument in the preshow doesn't put you off, the din of the main show surely will.
3. Dumbo - No offense to Dumbo, but I just won't wait 50 minutes to do the same thing I could do waiting for 10 minutes in Tomorrowland or Adventureland.
4. Narnia - Gosh, a walk-through 10-minute ad! The movie was subpar; why is the attraction even more dull?
5. Primeval Whirl - Pointless off-the-shelf mouse coaster. Maybe if they had made it an indoor attraction with some effects it could have been an enjoyable little ride. Actually, all of Chester n' Hester's is pretty lame, no matter how much backstory there supposedly is for it.
6. Test Track - Also pointless. I drove my rental car to the Park. I don't really need to go for a car ride in the Park that simulates everything I've already encountered due to lousy drivers, Florida humidity, and the air conditioner on my way there.
7. Tower of Terror - Great queue, truly lame attraction. The story set up by the video is practically abandoned for cheap thrills.
8. Kali River Rapids - Again, a great queue, but terrible attraction. I could spray myself with water and have a better time.
9. Fantasmic! - Disneyland's is incredible. Disney World's suffers from a case of too much mist screen, not enough Peter Pan.
10. Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor - I wasn't that excited by Crush's Turtle Talk. Why would I be impressed by more screens and more lame jokes?

lilclerk

9. Fantasmic! - Disneyland's is incredible. Disney World's suffers from a case of too much mist screen, not enough Peter Pan.
Oh, I forgot Fantasmic. The mist screens were nifty at first but oh my golly, they just wouldn't stop. Not something I'd wait 60-90 minutes for again (meaning never) unless I'm with someone who loves it.

krankenstein

Oh, I forgot Fantasmic. The mist screens were nifty at first but oh my golly, they just wouldn't stop. Not something I'd wait 60-90 minutes for again (meaning never) unless I'm with someone who loves it.

I totally forgot about Fantasmic too. I watched it for the first time in about 5 years this past December. It only reminded me why I haven't watched it in so long. I would much rather gather around the lagoon for Illuminations.

Dragonrider1227

I've yet to want to see;
The Country Bears
Stitch's great escape (Didn't want to when it was Alien Encounter either)
Universe of Energy
Spaceship Earth (Though I may give it a try next time)
It's a Small World (Loved it when I was six and it still has a soft place in my heart, but it's nothing I gotta ride every time)
Indy Speedway (It was nice, but not worth the wait or the smell x_x If Disney World makes them electric like Hong Kong, then maybe I'll ride again
There are others too, but I can't think of them at the moment ^^;

matt88mph

Allow me to throw my hat into the ring, but I'm going to go more specific on the reasons:

Attractions that I Intentionally Skip, due to Distaste:

The Enchanted Tiki Room - Under New Management
Stitch's Great Escape
Playhouse Disney: Live on Stage!

Attractions that I Intentionally Skip, due to Large Waits:

Dumbo
Astro Orbiter
The Flying Carpets of Aladdin

Attractions that I Intentionally Skip, due to Cowardice:

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
The Rock 'n Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith

Pretty much everything else that doesn't fall under a "must-do" is a "if we can fit it in, great; if not, it's okay."

Figment632

Jungle Cruise, Star Tours, Ellen, Sounds Dangeous, Buzz SRS Tomorrow land Speed way. Stich GE, Lights Motors Action, Muppet vision,

Club Cooloholic

Just to defend it....the Swiss Family Treehouse is something wonderful, that I think adults forget about because there is not thrill or amazing animatronics. What it does is inspire imagination. I remember it as a kid, and my wife and I werelucky to have the whole treehouse to ourselves during our visit on a halloween party night. I have never been to Tom Sawyers Island, but I really do want to go.

As for skips....I say this only for adult rides, and only when your working with limited time.
Star Tours
Tiki Room
And several of the Worlds Movies.

Dragonrider1227

I'm probably going to be stoned for this, but I found Carousel of Progress "Not worth it." I rode it once, it was okay but what scenes DID cause my sense of cynicism kick in, just kinda bored me. *ducks and prepares for the stoning*

CThaddeus

God forbid we have a thrilling attraction

Problem was, I didn't find it thrilling. It's an attempt at thrills but comes across as lame and feels extremely controlled. My main beef with it though is that it just doesn't follow through with the story it sets up. Most are okay with that...it just doesn't work for me.

MAGICFLOP

EPCOT
Imagination (this is my most avoided of WDW)
HISTA
France
Canada
parades

MK
Stitch
parades

MGM
parades

AK
The entire park

daliseurat

I'm surprised by how many people actively dislike so many attractions. I personally don't intentionally skip anything. I have more of a ranking system. Some attractions I must do every trip. Some I do if I have time, and some I don't make a huge effort to do because they just aren't as repeatable as others. But, if there's no line and I'm in no rush, I give it another go. I do try to go on at least one attraction or show that I've never seen before at each park, and I'm surprised by how much I enjoy some things that were lower on my priority list. And now that I bring my child with me, I tend to go on more things that I used to give low priority to. I once took an entire day and only did attractions that were at the bottom of my priority list. I got way more accomplished that day and had a great time.

Now, Disney's California Adventure has a few things that I actively avoided after experiencing them once. Tortilla Factory, Bread Factory, California Movie, Seasons of the Vine. None of these were very good, and they were the kind of things that you MIGHT enjoy once, if you didn't have to wait, but you wouldn't bother ever again/

Animaniac93-98

MK
Tiki Room: UNM
Stitch
Monsters, Inc.
Buzz Lightyear (OK but I don't care for it)
Speedway
Toontown Fair (Barnstormer is kind of amusing)
Magic Carpets

Epcot
Ellen's Energy Adventure
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
Mission Space (I can take it or leave it)

DHS
Backlot Tour
Playhouse Disney (newer version)
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Beauty and the Beast
Animation Tour (like the Backlot Tour, what's the point in seeing what's left of it?)
Sounds Dangerous

AK
Triceratop Spin
Rifiki's Planet Watch
It's Tough to Be a Bug

On another topic:

Father: The world is full of nice, ordinary little people, living in nice ordinary little houses on the ground. But haven't you ever dreamed of having a house in a tree?
Mother: No!

I guess that's what all the treehouse haters think. To the people who dislike Swiss Family Treehouse, have you seen the movie it's based on?

Since1976

If you've never been to WDW, I would definitely not take too much stock in the negative comments here. On our most recent trip, our young daughter insisted we ride rides that my wife and I (pre-children) had deemed not worth it in the past -- Dumbo, the Speedway, the Teacups.

Our daughter SCREAMED HER HEAD OFF on all of these rides. It was the most joy we heard in her voice the whole trip! And to think we had considered steering clear of these attractions.

My feeling is that you should never write an attraction off until *after* you've done it, and even then you should keep an open mind about them on future trips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom