Not good but saw it coming

Connor002

dxer07002 said:
In all due respect. THE WOMAN'S FAULT????

Calm down. We're here to discuss this, and if that's not what your intent is, stay away from this thread. In no way does anyone on this thread want to belittle the fact that a woman has died, but we are also here to discuss the circumstances and possible effects of the proceedings.

capellt

dxer07002 said:
In all due respect. THE WOMAN'S FAULT???? Dude, how can it be THE WOMAN'S FAULT??? If she had a pre-existing health problem and she KNEW it, then OK.. But, how many people DON'T know??? WHat is she thought she was in perfect health?? What if her doctor saw no health problems??? Should the doctor be blamed?? I think not.... If she had somethign and did not know, the ride, and I will stress this again, COULD HAVE helped cause her death by causing somehting to go haywire.. Saying it could be HER FAULT is insensitve to say the least....

yeah I agree, and every year rides get faster, longer, higher and more G force. I think everyone needs to accept some personal responsiblity when boarding any ride...and if you have any doubt about if you can handle it you shouldn't get on.

My thoughts go out to the family

Captain Chaos

Connor002 said:
Calm down. We're here to discuss this, and if that's not what your intent is, stay away from this thread. In no way does anyone on this thread want to belittle the fact that a woman has died, but we are also here to discuss the circumstances and possible effects of the proceedings.

I am calm... I am just adding another side to this... We don't know the events surrounding this... But to blame her is insensitve.... So, in my best estimation, by me posting my feelings and another side to this adds to the discussion... Am I not allowed to discuss bevcause I am not in the WDWMagic majority who like M:S??? And because I am not willing to forgive Disney n these deaths????

**P.S. I used the caps to highlight certain words because I didn't want my opinion sounding like a fact.. I wanted to stress they were my opinions...

Pongo

dxer07002 said:
In all due respect. THE WOMAN'S FAULT????

I think by "the woman's fault", the poster meant "something that couldn't have been helped".

Of course, I didn't post it, and I don't want to speak for the poster, but that's how I read it.

No need to jump down throats :wave:

Captain Chaos

capellt said:
yeah I agree, and every year rides get faster, longer, higher and more G force. I think everyone needs to accept some personal responsiblity when boarding any ride...and if you have any doubt about if you can handle it you shouldn't get on.

My thoughts go out to the family

Thank you agreeing... I also feel that people need to take responsiblilty.. At the same time, if you do not know you have a health problem and never got sick on a ride before, you figure you should be OK... Again, this woman may have had a health problem and didn't know it... and M:S helped escalate the problem killing her... And ifshe knew she had a health problem I agree she should have never gotten on... Guess we just need to wait until the autopsy results.....

Pongo

dxer07002 said:
I am calm... I am just adding another side to this... We don't know the events surrounding this... But to blame her is insensitve.... So, in my best estimation, by me posting my feelings and another side to this adds to the discussion... Am I not allowed to discuss bevcause I am not in the WDWMagic majority who like M:S??? And because I am not willing to forgive Disney n these deaths????

**P.S. I used the caps to highlight certain words because I didn't want my opinion sounding like a fact.. I wanted to stress they were my opinions...

No one is accusing you of that. Capitalized words come across the internet as anger. It was just misinterpreted.

This is not an issue of forgiving Disney yet. As you said, it "COULD HAVE" been the ride's fault, but there is no need to go about forgiveness when blame hasn't been placed. Blame may not ned to be placed as it could have been circumstances out of anyone's control.

No need to be so spiteful :wave:

Captain Chaos

Pongo said:
I think by "the woman's fault", the poster meant "something that couldn't have been helped".

Of course, I didn't post it, and I don't want to speak for the poster, but that's how I read it.

No need to jump down throats :wave:

Not jumping down anyone's throat here... if that is what the poster meant,. that is how he should have posted it.... And that is not how I took it...

The ride is intense and could have contributed to her untimely death.... I am not blaming the ride nor am I blaming the woman... But, we need to look at both sides here... not just right away making Disney loook so innocent and putting the woman at fault and not this attraction.... 2 deaths, numerous illnesses, somethign is wrong with this attraction and maybe Disney needs to look at it... Sooner or later they are going to be held responsible for something... And we know Disney tried to avoid that at all costs... WOuldn't shock me if they tame the ride a lot somehow....

Captain Chaos

Pongo said:
No one is accusing you of that. Capitalized words come across the internet as anger. It was just misinterpreted.

This is not an issue of forgiving Disney yet. As you said, it "COULD HAVE" been the ride's fault, but there is no need to go about forgiveness when blame hasn't been placed. Blame may not ned to be placed as it could have been circumstances out of anyone's control.

No need to be so spiteful :wave:

Unfortunately life is so fickle.. When it is your time, it is your time... sad but true.. That is why you need to live life like there is no tomorrow because there may not be :(

Sorry if I am coming across insensitve, I don't mean to....

jaredliu

dxer07002 said:
Where did I say HORIZONS??? M:S, IN MY OPINION, does not have that appeal to ride every time... I went on once, will not again cause, in my opinion, it stinks.... And from what I am hearing about wait times, even when Epcot is busy, others think the ride stinks too...

I know we all love Disney on this board, but just because they spent 100 million on a ride does not mean it is an excellent attraction cause M:S isn't by any means...
A woman's death just gave you an excuse to bash M:S. I think the reason you want to see M:S closed/changed is because you hated the ride, not the woman's death.

Sledge

Account Suspended
By purchasing this ticket you and your family agree not to hold The Walt Disney Corporation responsible if you should die on our attractions, especially Mission: Space.

Captain Chaos

jaredliu said:
A woman's death just gave you an excuse to bash M:S. I think the reason you want to see M:S closed/changed is because you hated the ride, not the woman's death.

You in my head????? No.. please do not speak for me.. Thank you...

True I do not like M:S... I just would never ride it again.... When the 4 year old buy died I didn't bash the ride.... I didn't say Disney should close it... But 2 deaths in less than a year... numerous illnesses... Maybe Disney needs to rethink this attraction....

JROK

Sledge said:
By purchasing this ticket you and your family agree not to hold The Walt Disney Corporation responsible if you should die on our attractions, especially Mission: Space.

LOL!!! :lol:

Did Horizons ever kill anyone? Huh? Huh?!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
JROK said:
LOL!!! :lol:

Did Horizons ever kill anyone? Huh? Huh?!

No, but it bored me to death in its final years. :lol: :lookaroun

*is not making light of this lady dying today [I am bashing Horizons]... so keep your flames and hate PMs to yourself* :wave:

slowbee

I have the deepest sympthy to the family. No one wants to lose a loved one.

I do agree that it's the womans fault for riding the ride. No one forced her on the ride and chose to do it at her own risk. Millions of americans get behind the wheel of a car when we all know the risks. We are accountable for our own actions and shouldn't be looking for excuses for reasons why things happen.

All personal feeling aside about the ride, it is intense and is intended for a select group of visitors, such as those who Bungee Jump or hang glide. WDW had a ride for every type of visitor and age group. If we choose to go on MS or sit for two hours at Pooh's Playful Spot, it's by choice and we should accept what ever risks are involved.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
cac2889 said:
Let's just say it was a very weird day. One I won't forget for quite a while...

Ha, you're telling me! I didn't find out what the fuss was about until I got home and saw it on the news! The M:S cast was pretty much left in the dark, but of course we had a feeling it was something like this...

HoW

I don't really want to get into the debate of what coulda, shoulda, woulda, and who do we blame. I don't think right now is the time for it. Immediate and knee jerk response are never as good as the ideas and decisions that are brought forth when everyone has had time to disengage long after the intial incident. With that said my deepest sympathies go with this woman's family. As does my concern for everyone at WDW and every other person this affects deeply.

Woody13

DMC-12 said:
No, but it bored me to death in its final years. :lol: :lookaroun

*is not making light of this lady dying today [I am bashing Horizons]... so keep your flames and hate PMs to yourself* :wave:
Ditto. :wave: However, it bored me on the first ride as well. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom