Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchk

No it's actually changed (but as you said minimally) :D A few bends and turns right before the lift, plus they are using the track from the old unload to the old load as well. They are using the whole queue area for the bends and turns, instead of just the old loading track. So its more than what people are expecting! At least its better than nothing :)
Is this really going to be done? I had heard about it, but thought they scrapped it

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No it's actually changed (but as you said minimally) :D A few bends and turns right before the lift, plus they are using the track from the old unload to the old load as well. They are using the whole queue area for the bends and turns, instead of just the old loading track. So its more than what people are expecting! At least its better than nothing :)
Think of it more like an S bend through the old queue area instead of a straight line.

FerretAfros

Although they don't show a lot, here are some pictures of the project from backstage during last weekend's Marathon Weekend events. Here's a look at the backside of the new Sommerhus construction, from the road between it and the Mexico pavilion, taken during the 5K on Thursday (January 7). The metal shed in the center of the photo is one of the old parade barns from Tapestry of Nations; you can see a little bit of the construction to the right of it
P1130712.JPG

And here are a couple photos taken during the rainy 10K on Friday, January 8. There wasn't much to see, but the oversized doors were open and the lights were on inside. There were several construction workers on the site, and I could hear a circular saw or table saw running; considering it was around 6:00am and raining, I was surprised how much activity was going on (though the photos don't really show it). The building exterior looks essentially untouched from last year, but now has a couple big banners for a safety initiative; they can also be seen from the outdoor portion of Test Track

(EDIT: These photos were taken along Avenue of the Stars, looking southwest)
P1130898.JPG

P1130899.JPG

I also stopped by the park side of the pavilion on Monday, January 11 and heard the crews at work. It sounded like they were screwing metal studs into place, which would indicate they're starting to put walls up inside. Although it seems to be taking a ridiculous amount of time to complete this conversion, there has been active construction every time I've gone by it

mrsWarren14

I don't know if this has been stated yet but I wanted to put it out there. I just looked on the Refurbishment Calendar on the Disney Travel Agent's Portal and it's calling for an opening date of April 30, 2016. Don't know if they'll hold up to that but I just wanted to share what information I had.

The_Jobu

So how do these "soft opening" deals work, and how often are they employed? I'll be at the park on the 27th and it would be great if I could see the new ride.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So how do these "soft opening" deals work, and how often are they employed? I'll be at the park on the 27th and it would be great if I could see the new ride.

Soft openings are just random openings that happen before the official opening date. There is no advanced notice and the ride might close at any time so you need to be in the right place at the right time.

The_Jobu

Soft openings are just random openings that happen before the official opening date. There is no advanced notice and the ride might close at any time so you need to be in the right place at the right time.

Oooo, sounds mysterious. I'll have to keep an eye on it when I visit, thanks!

raven

That's going to be a very small bend. There isn't much room in there for anything substantial especially if they were to add scenery. The tightest turn on the old ride was actually between the unload and load (off ride section). But those boats banged against the walls of the flume in that area.
There wasn't much to see, but the oversized doors were open and the lights were on inside.

(EDIT: These photos were taken along Avenue of the Stars, looking southwest)
View attachment 126265

View attachment 126266
That's just the maintenance area of the ride where they can add and remove the boats. Nothing there is changing.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Construction pictures from yesterday, January 21, 2016

image1.JPG

I took a closeup of the above image. What are these things?
image2.JPG

Ride facade is still covered.
image3.JPG

As you can clearly see from my photography, all our questions may be able to be answered by carefully studying each image...or, more likely, this will contribute nothing to the conversation other than three more pictures of walls and partially built structures...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom