Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

NearTheEars

Aren't most of the photos so far taken at distance? (Including the one from a few pages ago) Are there any close up, where guests will actually be standing with clear views of Mexico.

Or are we just speculating?

I'm really sorry if this has already been discussed.

Does anyone know if the opening date for the Frozen ride has been confirmed yet?

http://www.mainstreetwishes.com/archives/4395 is claiming that it opens 4/30/2016, a day earlier than I thought it was opening. This 1 day difference means a lot to me and my family as our last day is on 4/30/2016 and would make our holiday if we were able to ride it before we left.

Thanks!

A foolish mortal

They're making the facade for the ride entrance a bit different. We've all seen the construction walls in front of the building, eh? :)

One of my managers showed me the concept art on his phone and I must say - it looks really nice. :D Norwegian nice. Not too Frozen/Arendelle. This was aprox. a year ago so hard to remember ALL the details. At that time the ride was named "Frozen: A Happily Ever After Adventure": That was before the annunciation of the official ride name and any official concept art. What I saw was that the building will look more like an old Norwegian barn.. With a bit more wood on the building instead of what looks like stone right now. It'll be details like in the picture underneath with crossing wood on the side of the building (towards the waterfall).
There will also be a new tower, much like the one above the Akershus restaurant! I've also seen how they are extending the ride where the queue for Maelstrom used to be. It was through a hole in the wall on the back side of the building so really hard do give detailed information other than there will be more turns to make it longer ;) Last time i saw it was in July so that doesn't really help much! I'm excited to see the end result. It was set to open May 16th (the day before the Norwegian constitution day), but I guess they've been delayed now?

Skjermbilde 2016-01-13 02.14.33.png
Skjermbilde 2016-01-13 02.14.36.png
Skjermbilde 2016-01-13 15.17.43.png Skjermbilde 2016-01-13 15.17.49.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm really sorry if this has already been discussed.

Does anyone know if the opening date for the Frozen ride has been confirmed yet?

http://www.mainstreetwishes.com/archives/4395 is claiming that it opens 4/30/2016, a day earlier than I thought it was opening. This 1 day difference means a lot to me and my family as our last day is on 4/30/2016 and would make our holiday if we were able to ride it before we left.

Thanks!

Recent rumors were that the schedule had slipped to those dates might not be accurate. If the dates are true, a day or two either way might not be a problem for you since they may soft open the ride early.

Mike S

They're making the facade for the ride entrance a bit different. We've all seen the construction walls in front of the building, eh? :)

One of my managers showed me the concept art on his phone and I must say - it looks really nice. :D Norwegian nice. Not too Frozen/Arendelle. This was aprox. a year ago so hard to remember ALL the details. At that time the ride was named "Frozen: A Happily Ever After Adventure": That was before the annunciation of the official ride name and any official concept art. What I saw was that the building will look more like an old Norwegian barn.. With a bit more wood on the building instead of what looks like stone right now. It'll be details like in the picture underneath with crossing wood on the side of the building (towards the waterfall).
There will also be a new tower, much like the one above the Akershus restaurant! I've also seen how they are extending the ride where the queue for Maelstrom used to be. It was through a hole in the wall on the back side of the building so really hard do give detailed information other than there will be more turns to make it longer ;) Last time i saw it was in July so that doesn't really help much! I'm excited to see the end result. It was set to open May 16th (the day before the Norwegian constitution day), but I guess they've been delayed now?

View attachment 126219 View attachment 126220 View attachment 126221 View attachment 126222
Extending the ride? Every other insider worth their salt has said that's not happening so that alone is giving me doubt on all of your info.

yensidtlaw1969

Extending the ride? Every other insider worth their salt has said that's not happening so that alone is giving me doubt on all of your info.
Actually, extending into the old queue area has been the talk for a while now - but merely a new s-bend, and not a huge addition in terms of track length. Marni1971 has corroborated this. What the insiders have been trying to squash is the idea that they're extending the track any further, or yet expanding the show building. Neither of those are happening.

It sounds as though the extension will amount to less than a minute of additional show sequence.

A foolish mortal

Im not talking a huge extension, no. Its like yensidtlaw1969 are saying:
Actually, extending into the old queue area has been the talk for a while now - but merely a new s-bend, and not a huge addition in terms of track length. What the insiders have been trying to squash is the idea that they're extending the track any further, or yet expanding the show building. Neither of those are happening.
Im talking about one that fits within the old queue area + the length from where the ride used to stop to the old queue area. For me thats an extension of the old track! I have seen it with my own eyes (as i walked past the ride (and the hole in the wall) every day for a year), so you can believe what ever you want! :)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I believe the only "extension" was that the ride was going to load and unload from the same platform (the former unload platform) allowing for the former load station area to be used for a new scene. I don't believe the actual flume trough was going to change at all (or if so, it was going to be exceptionally minimally). Overall, it would only increase the actual ride time by like 10-20 seconds (at best), unless they actually had a block in the former load station area that brought your boat to a complete stop to view a scene (presumably, to give the boat ahead of you a chance to clear the lift).

A foolish mortal

I don't believe the actual flume trough was going to change at all (or if so, it was going to be exceptionally minimally)..
No it's actually changed (but as you said minimally) :D A few bends and turns right before the lift, plus they are using the track from the old unload to the old load as well. They are using the whole queue area for the bends and turns, instead of just the old loading track. So its more than what people are expecting! At least its better than nothing :)

Mike S

Actually, extending into the old queue area has been the talk for a while now - but merely a new s-bend, and not a huge addition in terms of track length. Marni1971 has corroborated this. What the insiders have been trying to squash is the idea that they're extending the track any further, or yet expanding the show building. Neither of those are happening.

It sounds as though the extension will amount to less than a minute of additional show sequence.
Im not talking a huge extension, no. Its like yensidtlaw1969 are saying:

Im talking about one that fits within the old queue area + the length from where the ride used to stop to the old queue area. For me thats an extension of the old track! I have seen it with my own eyes (as i walked past the ride (and the hole in the wall) every day for a year), so you can believe what ever you want! :)
Ah. I guess I read that wrong then, sorry Foolish Mortal.

Disney Analyst

I always figured they would change the flume in the old load area/queue. It would have looked strange floating in a straight line past a wall with TONS of open space to your right... It's better to have action on both sides... As well, I would assume the loading flume is a bit different then a normal floating through the ride flume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom