Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
No it's actually changed (but as you said minimally) :D A few bends and turns right before the lift, plus they are using the track from the old unload to the old load as well. They are using the whole queue area for the bends and turns, instead of just the old loading track. So its more than what people are expecting! At least its better than nothing :)
The ride may very well open at less than 100% completion with a few AA's offline or scenes not complete (or whatever) as stated prior. While your enthusiasm is admirable, I dont see how an S curve is much to get excited about or qualifies as "more than what people are expecting".

UpAllNight

The key to this rides success is if people are going to be annoyed with the experience after waiting 2 hours for it...I'm hoping the ride technology, the music, the story and AAs make this an experience worth waiting for. Even if it is only once per vacation.

A foolish mortal

The ride may very well open at less than 100% completion with a few AA's offline or scenes not complete (or whatever) as stated prior. While your enthusiasm is admirable, I dont see how an S curve is much to get excited about or qualifies as "more than what people are expecting".
Also.. I just want to let you know I'm Norwegian - a foreigner - as in not an English speaker. I do have a hard time explaining myself sometimes. I dont always find the right words and expressions. I understand that what I wrote could easily be misunderstood as "THEY ARE REDOING THE WHOLE ING TRACK"... but thats not what I meant ;) I just couldn't find the right words. English is not my first language - I'm sorry for the confusion. (Just for future references)!

Also I like being enthusiastic about things.. makes life better to live! After all, I am a foolish mortal ;)

Matt_Black

Also.. I just want to let you know I'm Norwegian - a foreigner - as in not an English speaker. I do have a hard time explaining myself sometimes. I dont always find the right words and expressions. I understand that what I wrote could easily be misunderstood as "THEY ARE REDOING THE WHOLE ****ING TRACK"... but thats not what I meant ;) I just couldn't find the right words. English is not my first language - I'm sorry for the confusion. (Just for future references)!

Don't apologize. Plenty of native speakers have trouble with it. English is like a Frankensteinian horror that is constantly grafting new extremities onto itself to become a gigantic confusing monstrosity.

Matt_Black

Thanks! I think this is the nicest thing I've read on this forum so far...

Aw, shucks!

bashful.jpg

Some people are being VERY rude...

Well, if you plan on being active on the internet for any length of time, you'd better brace yourself, 'cause you ain't seen nothin' yet.

bhg469

Also.. I just want to let you know I'm Norwegian - a foreigner - as in not an English speaker. I do have a hard time explaining myself sometimes. I dont always find the right words and expressions. I understand that what I wrote could easily be misunderstood as "THEY ARE REDOING THE WHOLE ****ING TRACK"... but thats not what I meant ;) I just couldn't find the right words. English is not my first language - I'm sorry for the confusion. (Just for future references)!

Also I like being enthusiastic about things.. makes life better to live! After all, I am a foolish mortal ;)
Your English skills are probably better than 90% of the people that post here. If you didn't mention it I would have never known.

A foolish mortal

Well, if you plan on being active on the internet for any length of time, you'd better brace yourself, 'cause you ain't seen nothin' yet.

True, very true! :) Im not gonna "give up" just yet ;)

Your English skills are probably better than 90% of the people that post here.

Oh wow! Tusen Takk! Thank you :) Haha I do really struggle sometimes, so that's really nice to hear!

Last edited:

raven

That might be, but when I saw it i felt like they were using the whole space, which is actually a lot from the side of the wall (where the flags used to be) to the other side (where the painted wall used to be). Dont think the bends will be that small actually. Still, I feel like it is better than nothing at all. I also think they have changed it from the old unload to this new area (where the old queue used to be) so the boats won't bang against the walls that much.. The whole wall was stripped down and a lot of construction was going on there. But who knows? :p Im excited to see the change when i return to work at the pavilion later this year :)
The opposite side of the wall with the flags is the kitchen area for Akershus. Have the reinforced that wall any now?

raven

Lets say the RED area is gonna be for the queue.. they could also be using the GREEN area for extended track :) At least I hope they do..
View attachment 127428
A few little things concern me about this photo. First, the entire ride control operation was located near the lift and now will have to be moved to the new load/unload area (which frankly I believe will slow down the load time). Second, the area in red has an elevator and stairs smack in the middle of it (for the upper lounge area.

A foolish mortal

A few little things concern me about this photo.

Yep :/ They are not using that space. That was just me dreaming ;) The second elevator is inside the Akershus kitchen (so not accessible enough for guests) and the second staircase is right outside the kitchen at the backstage area too. So they'll keep
the red area i drew for what it is :) :
They are not. The blue I drew is the extent of the new work.

Last edited:

raven

Yep :/ They are not using that space. That was just me dreaming ;) The second elevator is inside the Akershus kitchen (so not accessible enough for guests) and the second staircase is right outside the kitchen at the backstage area too. So they'll keep
the red area i drew for what it is :) :
I knew about the other elevator and steps too. Just wondered about the guest assessable ones.

I just hope the Helly Hanson merchandise won't get the heave ho for Disney Frozen stuff immediately as you enter the store now.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Cause people are not expecting an S curve, duuuh?
Its been known that the track layout would be slightly (very slightly) altered. People could only assume that the altering would be straight track, or it would have a curve/bend. There are really no other directional options besides up or down which would still fall into one of those two categories. So again, nothing really unexpected about it.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

Your english is quite good. Your choice of words was accurate. I did not think you were saying they were "redoing the whole (expletive) track. No need for the all caps and curse words. And FWIW, I do appreciate your reporting on whats happening at the attraction. Thanks for the updates.

A foolish mortal

Your english is quite good. Your choice of words was accurate. I did not think you were saying they were "redoing the whole (expletive) track. No need for the all caps and curse words. And FWIW, I do appreciate your reporting on whats happening at the attraction. Thanks for the updates.

Thank you, and I'm sorry :oops: I got a bit carried away :( Im very new to this forum world.. I have a lot to learn :bookworm:

Also it wasn't meant specifically to you! I've had more people misunderstanding. I know that's my bad. Just frustrating :/ Good news is I learned a new word: S-Bend ;) hehe

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Thank you, and I'm sorry :oops: I got a bit carried away :( Im very new to this forum world.. I have a lot to learn :bookworm:
No need to apologize. Get carried away whenever you feel like it! We need a lot more spunk around here. Too may people with "feelings" that are easily hurt if someone dare to stray slightly off topic which results in them crying to the mods. And you can use curse words and caps if talking to me, I really dont mind. I was just being a smart .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom