Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveeeeed

Just wished they would of added Arendelle to the North East side of New Fantasyland, and kept the Double Dumbo where it now rests, and last but not least added a third lift hill on the right side of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Look up New Fantasyland Tokyo Disneyland to show what us Walt Disney World folks are missing out on. And as for Epcot fix/add The universe of energy, Imagination, Add Ratatouille lps ride to west of France, or add Aladdin lps ride to the right of Morocco, and finally add a new pavilion to World Showcase possibly to the left of Germany, or somewhere on the right side.

doctornick

It's three rooms.

So, just three rooms, all Anna & Elsa?

I'm a bit surprised they wouldn't go to 4 rooms, just so in the future they could split it to 2 and 2 (of different characters) if popularity warrants. With 3 rooms, you are kinda stuck with just one character set.

Mawg

******** about the ride being a "book report" was done by those sure that's what the ride would be, not unlike current "screen" ********. People who want to complain and feel quite sure they know what the ride will be.

The thematic argument is the only valid one in the eyes of this lowly milk crate. That said, unless Norway is trolls and sorry-looking polar bears, Maelstrom wasn't some loving homage to Norway.

Also putting a permanent Frozen ride in DHS is far more ridiculous than in Epcot. Frozen exists in DHS out of convenience. It belongs in Epcot more than DHS if theme is the concern.

The capacity concern is interesting but even the most cynical person outside of these message boards thinks capacity can come close to 2,000. It could be a huge mess, still. Who can say? It's all theoretical. Like it or not. It is.

So we shall see. Any issue no matter how minor will become the issue for any person deadset against.

See: people previously complaining about strollers and ECVs suddenly very concerned about stroller parking and wheelchair entry.

I love it when people join just to jump on their Milk Crate. Welcome new member!

articos

Wait until you see the gorilla going in down the road
Yup.
Oh, I disagree....

Imagineers spent a combined 3,468 hours scuba diving in Scandinavian waters for research in order to be able to replicate the experience for guests. That doesn't come cheap.

How else could they offer such an immersive and realistic environment?

;)
By then spending 4,839 hours scuba diving in Fiji waters to make sure the water clarity was just of the right transparency, of course. Duh. (checks tan lines)
Yep...3.

But, on a brighter note...the M&G does have its own merch shop and a massive women's restroom.;)
I expect if the demand gets out of control that Ops will do temp partitions and create 2 sides to the rooms.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Yup.

By then spending 4,839 hours scuba diving in Fiji waters to make sure the water clarity was just of the right transparency, of course. Duh. (checks tan lines)

I expect if the demand gets out of control that Ops will do temp partitions and create 2 sides to the rooms.

Wow..Women can share half a partition divided toilet?

*1023*

Sketch105

Seeing that Maelstrom boat in the concept art and realizing that those pictures of the completely gutted ride building were just lies to my eyes..knowing its the exact the same ride path and they're squeezing a giant property such as Frozen into that small space is the disappointing part. I had hoped they would've wiped everything clean and built a longer, more dynamic ride..even re-themed those boats to something more "royalty" based or water-sled like.

Maelstrom was a 2 minute ride- you would've think with Frozen they would've extended it somewhat..even 30 more seconds.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Seeing that Maelstrom boat in the concept art and realizing that those pictures of the completely gutted ride building were just lies to my eyes..knowing its the exact the same ride path and they're squeezing a giant property such as Frozen into that small space is the disappointing part. I had hoped they would've wiped everything clean and built a longer, more dynamic ride..even re-themed those boats to something more "royalty" based or water-sled like.

Maelstrom was a 2 minute ride- you would've think with Frozen they would've extended it somewhat..even 30 more seconds.

It is predicted to have a show time of 4 minutes(ish) with an extra show room. (New show room is supposed to be the old load area.) Good luck with the line for this ride. Slowing the ride down for something that only fed 900 folks an hour seems like the MAGICal format for throughput. It will serve less than 1/3 of current park traffic during an operational day.

Enjoy

*1023*

ght

I have to say, excluding all of the issues such as appropriateness of location (which are moot points at this juncture anyhow) it sounds a lot better from a quality standpoint than I feared. Of course, I had a pretty negative feeling about jamming such a popular property into this location and the possibility of it being a HMH-esque overlay rather than a thought out ride, so that is pretty faint praise. Still, I guess it is trending up for me?

matt9112

Have to respond to this as I just saw it pop ... Steve, I'd say that anyone who waits five hours for anything that isn't a necessity of life (like food, water, medicine, a roof over their head) is a bit crazy to say the least.

To spend five hours waiting to meet two 22-year-old O-Town college girls playing dress-up ...well, that is full on insane.

I still want to meet them outside of park hahahshs

matt9112

I think a good example is TSM in California Adventure. It doesn't even have FastPass and usually has waits in the 30-45 minute range. The reason is that people have California Screamin', RSR, Soarin', Grizzly River Run, etc. as other options. If DHS has the same popular options, it would be a similar case.

In the case of Frozen (and Soarin' and Test Track), EPCOT just doesn't have enough headliners. Like others have said, the solution is to make Imagination and Energy something guests want to visit and even use the Wonders of Life pavilion as more than a special events place. That would split up the crowds and might even make the Frozen rush more bearable.

Or make a new horizone maybe on wonders of life pavilion. Speaking of it is done right amazing how much real estate is just not used. Exsepcialy in DHS.

Mouse_Trap

Maelstrom was 4 min+. The new version will add a little bit of time (but not a lot), while adding a bit of capacity on top (again, not a lot).

Do you know how they adding capacity?
Would it be bigger logs or closer spacings between logs? I'm assuming that there are limited options given that the ride system is not changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom