Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoDave219

Actually, I can think of a way to sell merch in the queue without making it a nightmare. Instead of rope lines, mark out the path with display cases. Tap your Magic Band to an item and Oaken appears on a screen above asking if you want to buy, telling you the price, confirm your purchase, etc. You are given the option to ship to your hotel, or pickup in the gift shop after the ride. 1-2-3, they've got MyMoney+

Please be gentle. I'm new here.

Gentle, crap. I think you just created yourself a role in consumer products.

You've got display cases for the items and then touch screen ordering as you go, you use your magic band to pay right then and there. Genius.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I would go with the second one. The art seems to confirm that the boats will indeed be reused.

I wish they weren't personally... they were cool looking... but the designs blocked some of the front view

then again I would take them any day over the Pirates dinghies

matt9112

Actually, I can think of a way to sell merch in the queue without making it a nightmare. Instead of rope lines, mark out the path with display cases. Tap your Magic Band to an item and Oaken appears on a screen above asking if you want to buy, telling you the price, confirm your purchase, etc. You are given the option to ship to your hotel, or pickup in the gift shop after the ride. 1-2-3, they've got MyMoney+

Please be gentle. I'm new here.

The last line of your post put awful posts in my mind......50 shades of disney?

DisneyGentleman

I have to say, excluding all of the issues such as appropriateness of location (which are moot points at this juncture anyhow) it sounds a lot better from a quality standpoint than I feared. Of course, I had a pretty negative feeling about jamming such a popular property into this location and the possibility of it being a HMH-esque overlay rather than a thought out ride, so that is pretty faint praise. Still, I guess it is trending up for me?
Except that HMH is a fantastic overlay - nothing cheap about it - better than most rides in EPCOT.

ght

Except that HMH is a fantastic overlay - nothing cheap about it - better than most rides in EPCOT.
I meant that it at least seems like it will have actual redone show scenes rather than just putting stuff in the existing scenes. I didn't mean it as far as the quality of the overlay (which is admittedly good on the HMH despite how much I hate it). Trust me, this is more in the "Maybe not as crappy as I feared." opinion than a "This thing sounds awesome!" opinion.

@magicdisneypass

Call me a party pooper but to be honest I am disappointed with the "thrown together" feel this Imagineering project has. I loved Maelstrom, I would ride it every trip to Epcot. Being of Norwegian decent I loved seeing the history of Norway and our proud Viking traditions on display. I honestly look at this project as a blatant money grabbing scheme concocted by Disney to capitalize on this ridiculous Frozen craze. They built this attraction using all of the original Maelstrom components just re-themed in order to get it put up as quickly as possible. What happened to the Imagineering of the past? Are these the lows that Disney has sunk to? Throwing together rides without any type of innovation or construction and just throwing in some new décor to squeeze every dollar they can out of their brand? Honestly I don't see any of Walt's Vision in this project at all. World Showcase is meant to be an authentic experience as if you are in a foreign land. There is nothing authentically Norwegian about Frozen at all and I for one am sick of seeing it everywhere I turn in the parks.

Brad Bishop

I like the bridge actually. It adds to the ambiance and "authenticity". I don't have a problem with them getting rid of the story with the elephants though. Nothing wrong with the "story" simple being that we are on an African safari and here are the animals.

I like the bridge, too. It hasn't worked in the last few years that I've ridden it. Not sure if it's some weird timing thing like every other vehicle gets it or if it's just broken and hasn't been fixed.

Otamin

Call me a party pooper but to be honest I am disappointed with the "thrown together" feel this Imagineering project has. I loved Maelstrom, I would ride it every trip to Epcot. Being of Norwegian decent I loved seeing the history of Norway and our proud Viking traditions on display. I honestly look at this project as a blatant money grabbing scheme concocted by Disney to capitalize on this ridiculous Frozen craze. They built this attraction using all of the original Maelstrom components just re-themed in order to get it put up as quickly as possible. What happened to the Imagineering of the past? Are these the lows that Disney has sunk to? Throwing together rides without any type of innovation or construction and just throwing in some new décor to squeeze every dollar they can out of their brand? Honestly I don't see any of Walt's Vision in this project at all. World Showcase is meant to be an authentic experience as if you are in a foreign land. There is nothing authentically Norwegian about Frozen at all and I for one am sick of seeing it everywhere I turn in the parks.
Very well said.

It's a shame how far Epcot has fallen.

odmichael

If D23 does not provide me information on new and original attractions at the parks, I may just give up on Disney and commit to the fact that they are just a different company now.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If D23 does not provide me information on new and original attractions at the parks, I may just give up on Disney and commit to the fact that they are just a different company now.

Don't give up on Disney. Just give up on the Florida section of Disney. Last I checked, Disneyland over in California is still pretty awesome! All they need is the Peoplemover :3

harryk

More than well said...........

DisneyGentleman

I meant that it at least seems like it will have actual redone show scenes rather than just putting stuff in the existing scenes. I didn't mean it as far as the quality of the overlay (which is admittedly good on the HMH despite how much I hate it). Trust me, this is more in the "Maybe not as crappy as I feared." opinion than a "This thing sounds awesome!" opinion.

It's more like the overlay version they did in California for "Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!", where a number of show scenes were reskinned from Superstar Limo. Don't get me wrong - Superstar Limo was a disaster (unlike Maelstrom), but they learned some tricks with that one.

See the transformation here.

Anyone want to take a stab at what will be reskinned in Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom