Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladdin2007

The architecture, the bakery, some items in the shop. I'd actually like to see the Stave church get shifted back to an exhibit not related to Frozen, like returning the Vikings.

Do they even have any entertainment in Norway? Would be nice if they could have at least some music or such related to the culture.

They use to have a folk group

Brer Panther

I have a theory: there will be THREE audio-animatronics: Elsa, Marshmallow, and the Troll. And maybe Sven and Olaf. Everything else will be represented by a screen.

Monorail Mike

Ok, with the info from the WSJ article, at the very least now we can do some reverse-imagineering.
While waiting on line, which is sure to take longer than the four-minute ride, visitors will walk by Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post. The trader with the thick accent will occassionaly clear steam on the windows to utter a hearty “yoo-hoo!” to people walking by. “We consider this scene one,” Ms. Mangum said.

This will be a video screen with a window frame over the top of it, enough said.
Once they board their logs, “Frozen Ever After” riders will first see goofy snowman Olaf and equally goofy reindeer Sven setting up the Winter Festival premise.

This will be in the area immediately after load, in what was a dark room.
Next is a stop at Troll Valley, where Grandpappy Troll tells a gathering of children the story of how Anna and Kristof met,

This scene will probably be right at the base of the ramp.
before the log goes up a ramp to find Olaf again, singing a song while ice skating, right next to Anna and Kristof, who are singing with their friend Sven.

Olaf will probably be seen at the top of the ramp as you ride up, and then the scene will continue through the former vikings area.
Behind a set of doors is the moment any visitor is sure to be waiting for: Elsa, on a balcony, singing “Let It Go” in her ice castle. It’s the centerpiece of the ride, “the big, big scene,” Ms. Mangum said, and it features elaborate effects to create simulated snow crystals soaring around the room.
The concept art shows shows the boats coming right up to the ice castle, so this will be where the ride reverses direction. The doors will be new (probably to give a big-reveal of the scene) because as far as I know, there are only doors on the opposite side (before the waterfalls). As she said, the ice castle will be the biggest scene in the show.
Visitors will next ride by Marshmallow, the giant, formerly evil snowman from “Frozen” and his miniature Snowgie pals, who show up in the short “Frozen Fever,” which ran in front of March’s “Cinderella.”
or a couple of re-skinned polar bears... "What do they know? They're tourists." -Gonzo
Marshmallow himself yells “Let It Go” in time with Elsa’s song before the log travels through a mist cloud and reaches the final scene, which includes fireworks and a wave from Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Sven and Kristof.
This animatronic should be impressive as you'll be staring at it for a while when the boat reverses direction again. Then, through the mist and down a huge (surprise, frozen) slope to the final scene, formerly the oil rig, and then unload. Then undoubtedly through a huge gift shop where they will unload more money from your wallet.

Sounds like a winner to me!

Victor Kelly

And hopefully no Disco AAs for this ride. I will be happy when this opens, it will become a people eater just for the queue it will need. Maybe if they made a queue similar to Dueling Dragons (or new name I cannot remember) in IOA, it can eat triple the amount of people or better.

It could be worse it could be a Frozen World After All, or Pirates of the Frozen Caribbean.

PhotoDave219

And hopefully no Disco AAs for this ride. I will be happy when this opens, it will become a people eater just for the queue it will need. Maybe if they made a queue similar to Dueling Dragons (or new name I cannot remember) in IOA, it can eat triple the amount of people or better.

It could be worse it could be a Frozen World After All, or Pirates of the Frozen Caribbean.

No disco? Does that mean Elsa won't be on the floor at the club? No LA face with the Oakland booty?

doctornick

Olaf will probably be seen at the top of the ramp as you ride up, and then the scene will continue through the former vikings area.

Yeah, the only area that wasn't really described would be the Vikings area at the top of the lift. I would agree that it will probably have some mix of Olaf/Anna/Kristoff/Sven there.

or a couple of re-skinned polar bears... "What do they know? They're tourists." -Gonzo

Pretty sure that's Rizzo the Rat, not Gonzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom