Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

yensidtlaw1969

Good point (although, in regards to your saying Pooh has a nightmare "for some reason", before we go inside Pooh's house and see him fall asleep you see Tigger warning Pooh about Heffalumps and Woozles).

There doesn't seem to be much transition with the Frozen ride's scenes, though. Pooh and Little Mermaid have transitions. Frozen really doesn't. Of course, maybe I'm just not seeing the "story" because I'm not a very big fan of the movie (I'll take Rapunzel and Flynn over Anna and Kristoff anyday). I think the reason why it's easier to see a story with Pooh is that the ride tells the same story as the film's second short, "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day". Frozen Ever After doesn't retell the movie at all. They shoehorn in the "Let It Go" scene, but that's the only scene from the movie.
Until the ride opens it will be difficult to judge how it handles it's transitions. They may yet make sense of a seemingly random collection of moments. I certainly hope they do - if we're not going to get the big, splashy, purpose-built attraction Frozen's popularity so clearly warrants, it would at least be nice to see a throwback to the narrative structure of the old "experience rides".

Incomudro

rOne thing the Frozen re-theme will do to Maelstrom is turn a number of boys off to it.
Knowing my boys, and the age they will likely be on out next visit - 14 - it is not likely that I will be able to get them into it.
Of course, from Disney's perspective they will more than make that difference up I increased young girl ridership.

TyrantBoss

So are they getting rid of any mention of the REAL Norway in the new ride, or are they going to include some things to connect it with the actual country? I would hate to think that the make believe Arrendele is going to replace real Norway.

aladdin2007

So are they getting rid of any mention of the REAL Norway in the new ride, or are they going to include some things to connect it with the actual country? I would hate to think that the make believe Arrendele is going to replace real Norway.

They have given no inidication that the new ride will have anything related to Norway, sadly. Lets hope they suprise us in some way.

SpaceMountain77

I have moved on from Norway and now worry about the imminent addition of Ratatouille to the France Pavilion. Honestly, I will be able to accept the use of the neighboring expansion pad, but would be very disappointed with the removal of the theater and Impressions de France.

When the Disney Parks Blog announces limited availability t-shirts for Impressions de France, I will know my pending fear has become a reality.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I think what is depressing me most about this is that it will most likely anger me to no end, make me shake my fist at Disney each and every time I see it and it reminds me of how far Epcot has fallen from it's original mission, the ride will be ok (not good, not great, but ok), the M&G the same, and my kids will love it, ensuring I have to see it more than once a trip and facilitating those feelings of anger.

vinnya1726

I get all the hate for the changes coming to the Norway pavilion and going all the way back to the Grand Fiesta Tour in Mexico. I am just thinking that the problem is beyond just what Disney does with these attractions in World Showcase but it is how they present them. If Disney could figure a way to keep to the integrity of the country's with the branding of these attractions as now stepping into a Disney world inspired by that land or nation or culture it might have a better chance of not being slammed for doing so. I get the idea that many do not want rides in World Showcase or Characters, but WDW is a family theme park and I think Disney is trying to please everyone, which is impossible in the world we live in today. I hope the ride will be great and will add something nice to Worldshowcase and if they want to bring a ride to France, go for it as long as do not take away from the education in WS.

rioriz

With a name change for DHS looming I suspect there will need to be one for Epcot's Future World soon. Even with Frozen moving in World Showcase largely lives up to its namesake.

Lets face it, times have change and we can bemoan about it all we want but it will never be like it once was. The park can still be (and at times is) a great park but the a new cohesive vision is needed. EPCOT in its original form would not survive if opened in todays world, IMHO.

Sad but ultimately true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom