Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocabear

With a name change for DHS looming I suspect there will need to be one for Epcot's Future World soon. Even with Frozen moving in World Showcase largely lives up to its namesake.

Lets face it, times have change and we can bemoan about it all we want but it will never be like it once was. The park can still be (and at times is) a great park but the a new cohesive vision is needed. EPCOT in its original form would not survive if opened in todays world, IMHO.

Sad but ultimately true
I think the watering down of the original concept has indeed changed the focus of the park...at first by degrees to what we see now.
If EPCOT opened today as the park it was at the time when it was new I do believe it would still be amazing...It was full of new things no one had ever seen...It just got old over time and they seemed to lose their way on the updating opting for cheap character overlays (Living Seas and Mexico) instead of bold new ideas... I do not believe it is necessary to play to the lowest common denominator all the time... which was why EPCOT was the hit it was...it dared to be different...Some people got it...others did not.

DisneyGentleman

I think the watering down of the original concept has indeed changed the focus of the park...at first by degrees to what we see now.
If EPCOT opened today as the park it was at the time when it was new I do believe it would still be amazing...It was full of new things no one had ever seen...It just got old over time and they seemed to lose their way on the updating opting for cheap character overlays (Living Seas and Mexico) instead of bold new ideas... I do not believe it is necessary to play to the lowest common denominator all the time... which was why EPCOT was the hit it was...it dared to be different...Some people got it...others did not.
Experimental Prototype Converted to Overlays Today

rioriz

I agree that it could be successful still but Disney has to be willing to raise the bar to make it future oriented. While some people don't like them I think Mission Space and Test Track do the best at maintaining the Edutainment of Future World. I think the idea of Innoventions could be taken to another level and better served in its own Tech Pavilion taking over Energy or WoL

But back on topic as sad as it is we are getting Frozen I expect the new building to fit in nicely and be a seamless transition to the rest of World Showcase

aladdin2007

I agree that it could be successful still but Disney has to be willing to raise the bar to make it future oriented. While some people don't like them I think Mission Space and Test Track do the best at maintaining the Edutainment of Future World. I think the idea of Innoventions could be taken to another level and better served in its own Tech Pavilion taking over Energy or WoL

But back on topic as sad as it is we are getting Frozen I expect the new building to fit in nicely and be a seamless transition to the rest of World Showcase

Yes lets hope we at least get that much from it.

Wikkler

I have moved on from Norway and now worry about the imminent addition of Ratatouille to the France Pavilion. Honestly, I will be able to accept the use of the neighboring expansion pad, but would be very disappointed with the removal of the theater and Impressions de France.

When the Disney Parks Blog announces limited availability t-shirts for Impressions de France, I will know my pending fear has become a reality.
Make a Tour de France ride.
maxresdefault.jpg

Communicore

I have moved on from Norway and now worry about the imminent addition of Ratatouille to the France Pavilion. Honestly, I will be able to accept the use of the neighboring expansion pad, but would be very disappointed with the removal of the theater and Impressions de France.

When the Disney Parks Blog announces limited availability t-shirts for Impressions de France, I will know my pending fear has become a reality.
I won't mind Ratatoullie, a rat cooking food with humans is really an amazing concept and I can't wait until they Ratatoullie-izate the bakery and restaurant there.

Bocabear

At least Ratatouille takes place in a real city in a real country represented in the world showcase... This really does actually make sense...Leave all of France Pavilion as it is, but use the next door expansion pad for the show building ..Update the Impressions De France (though I really love that movie), and Viola...an ip in EPCOT that actually works well with the surroundings.

rioriz

Transitioning from fairy tale to reality isnt exactly seamless, unless your in a land of fantasy. If only Disney had a place like that where it would work...oh wait...smh

I did not say the content of the building, but the building itself. maybe seamless isn't the word. But looking at the hodge podge of architecture that encompasses the World Showcase I do not believe from Canada it will stand out anymore than China does next to Norway.

If you leave in personal bias, no matter how good the building looks from Canada you will always despise it and that is your personal right. For someone who views it for the first time in 5 years or so they will think nothing of its placement without bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom