Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceMountain77

At least Ratatouille takes place in a real city in a real country represented in the world showcase... This really does actually make sense...Leave all of France Pavilion as it is, but use the next door expansion pad for the show building ..Update the Impressions De France (though I really love that movie), and Viola...an ip in EPCOT that actually works well with the surroundings.

Your proposal is the model I hope to see executed.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
At least Ratatouille takes place in a real city in a real country represented in the world showcase... This really does actually make sense...Leave all of France Pavilion as it is, but use the next door expansion pad for the show building ..Update the Impressions De France (though I really love that movie), and Viola...an ip in EPCOT that actually works well with the surroundings.

As I noted, Disney has already addressed all of the "Negative Nelly" concerns surrounding this outstanding addition that I may one day ride after excessive margarita consumption at the neighboring Mayan Donald Duck pavilion, so it is indeed a "real place".

I believe Disney is addressing the question by building a gated Arrendelle, Norway now. They are currently interviewing potential residents. The good news is that if you resemble any of the narrated denizens of Arrendelle from the film, even a character that is just in the background of a group scene, you have a shot. Plus, you will be allowed to be out of character for 45 minutes a day (you'll be living there after all!). Hooray for Disney for finally recognizing the problem with this addition!

However, there is now a new set of concerns with this foolproof plan. When registering the new city with the Norwegian government it was mis-spelled "Earanddells". However, Disney is going to replace "Arrendelle" with "Earanddells" in all updated releases of the movie to once again head off all of this excessive Negative Nellyism.

NobodyElse

Make a Tour de France ride.
maxresdefault.jpg
But if Kraftwerk does the soundtrack, will Germany share credit?

KikoKea

Sorry, but what does IP mean? I've seen this on many threads and cannot figure out what it means, although I know I'll blush in embarrassment when I find out. (Checked the glossary, too, but it's not listed)

As for rats and snowmen and ducks in WS, I guess it ties Disney properties with epcot/ws park and gives the little kids something to look forward to. As much as I love to immerse and lose myself in the Disney magic and let the outside world fade to annoying texts and emails, it is still a theme park- albeit an amazing one- and change will come. I'm not thrilled with Maelstrom's demise, but I am looking forward to seeing what new tech they use in the ride.

DisDan

Sorry, but what does IP mean? I've seen this on many threads and cannot figure out what it means, although I know I'll blush in embarrassment when I find out. (Checked the glossary, too, but it's not listed)

As for rats and snowmen and ducks in WS, I guess it ties Disney properties with epcot/ws park and gives the little kids something to look forward to. As much as I love to immerse and lose myself in the Disney magic and let the outside world fade to annoying texts and emails, it is still a theme park- albeit an amazing one- and change will come. I'm not thrilled with Maelstrom's demise, but I am looking forward to seeing what new tech they use in the ride.
Intellectual Property

SYRIK2000

Intellectual Property

Victor Kelly

Seriously, we have not even gotten to explore the finished attraction and many people have nothing but negative stuff to say. We get it, you hate Frozen. I wasn't that thrilled with the movie, but if little kids like it, then just let the kids be happy. Change sucks eggs, but change happens no matter what we say. I looked at the pics of the HUB in MK. I, yes I bemoaned the destruction of trees, and landscape. Once there in January, even with walls galore, I could see where it was going and what it was going to accomplish. And guess what, I liked it.

I try not to bemoan stuff quite so much now. Disney has to change, and when they change some will like it, some won't. Can't please everyone all the time. HM didn't like the idea of the enhanced queue, but having walked it many times in January, I like it now.

Maelstrom was old, out of date, and generally unpopular. Disney had something that would draw crowds into the pavillion, so they went with it. Little girls flock to Frozen. It has been a couple of years and it is still going strong. Look at a Disney store, 1/6 of the local store is Frozen. They have a cash cow and like any smart business, they are reaping the benefits of something that is still immensly popular a few years after the theater release.

space42

Seriously, we have not even gotten to explore the finished attraction and many people have nothing but negative stuff to say. We get it, you hate Frozen. I wasn't that thrilled with the movie, but if little kids like it, then just let the kids be happy. Change sucks eggs, but change happens no matter what we say. I looked at the pics of the HUB in MK. I, yes I bemoaned the destruction of trees, and landscape. Once there in January, even with walls galore, I could see where it was going and what it was going to accomplish. And guess what, I liked it.

I try not to bemoan stuff quite so much now. Disney has to change, and when they change some will like it, some won't. Can't please everyone all the time. HM didn't like the idea of the enhanced queue, but having walked it many times in January, I like it now.

Maelstrom was old, out of date, and generally unpopular. Disney had something that would draw crowds into the pavillion, so they went with it. Little girls flock to Frozen. It has been a couple of years and it is still going strong. Look at a Disney store, 1/6 of the local store is Frozen. They have a cash cow and like any smart business, they are reaping the benefits of something that is still immensly popular a few years after the theater release.

Where is this coming from that maelstrom was unpopular? Every time I went , it had at least a 20-40 minute wait. All 900 people per hour filled. The new attraction , by design , will have the same capacity. So it really can't be more popular than maelstrom. :)

Victor Kelly

Where is this coming from that maelstrom was unpopular? Every time I went , it had at least a 20-40 minute wait. All 900 people per hour filled. The new attraction , by design , will have the same capacity. So it really can't be more popular than maelstrom. :)

Cute argument but popularity is not based on capacity :p:D The last few trips I took in 2005 and again in 2010, Maelstrom was practically walk on. Nobody, and I mean nobody watched the movie, they just walked through, me included. Neat ride, but the length left a lot to be desired. It needed to go, probably not as drastically as it was done, but it ran its time. Heck there are even other attractions that have far outlived their lifespans that either need to go or be drastically refurbed.

pmaljr

The unpopular statement about Maelstrom is just not true. If that's true, then why are so many people ticked off about it and what prompts people to respond to it? Take any ride that hasn't been updated in 15 years and it will get old. Frozen doesn't belong there period, that's why people are mad about it. It's more like a cash grab instead of a cash cow. Disney doesn't know how to renovate rides at Epcot, they've proven that time and time again. They simply gut rides and break peoples' spirits, then come back 15 years later and try to sell pins and a t-shirt. The movie Tomorrowland is all about the way the company now runs Epcot and they can't even get that, but oh the irony. Wait, I think I hear another show part failing at UoE ... and more dust forming at Body Wars.

aladdin2007

Yes it was old and outdated, but not unpopular by any means, (maybe a little under appreciated though as no one expected its demise) no matter what disneys skewed research may tell you to think. The issue is more or less the loss of Norway as a whole than just maelstrom. and all this frozen crammed into what will be a little girls toddler pavilion, is not impressive. Yes it will bring more people to the pavilion but whats the point if its not to showcase Norway. I havent seen too much of the merch move from the shop in terms of frozen, people seem to be much more interested in the Norway items than all the generic frozen merch........
wdwmagic really wants this thread to be about construction only so I guess all this should be discussed in the other frozen thread.

aladdin2007

The unpopular statement about Maelstrom is just not true. If that's true, then why are so many people ticked off about it and what prompts people to respond to it? Take any ride that hasn't been updated in 15 years and it will get old. Frozen doesn't belong there period, that's why people are mad about it. It's more like a cash grab instead of a cash cow. Disney doesn't know how to renovate rides at Epcot, they've proven that time and time again. They simply gut rides and break peoples' spirits, then come back 15 years later and try to sell pins and a t-shirt. The movie Tomorrowland is all about the way the company now runs Epcot and they can't even get that, but oh the irony. Wait, I think I hear another show part failing at UoE ... and more dust forming at Body Wars.

This, great post!

space42

Cute argument but popularity is not based on capacity :p:D The last few trips I took in 2005 and again in 2010, Maelstrom was practically walk on. Nobody, and I mean nobody watched the movie, they just walked through, me included. Neat ride, but the length left a lot to be desired. It needed to go, probably not as drastically as it was done, but it ran its time. Heck there are even other attractions that have far outlived their lifespans that either need to go or be drastically refurbed.
Except the ride length isn't changing. So capacity will indeed limit popularity. 900 people per hour.

DisneyRoy

Wow. I love this. You have just become my new best friend. I agree with everything you said. I might not say that Maelstrom was unpopular, but I will say that it was old and tired. Every time I rode it I thought...why am I riding this again. And yes...I bypassed the movie as well. I can't wait to see what happens here. Whether it's a fictional location or not. And if people don't get that...then don't ride it. Plenty of other people will and will enjoy it. I seriously don't get this mentality of "Let's rewind Epcot to it's 1980's state." Things change. People want bigger, better, faster, more. And Disney is going to give that to them. The more you refuse to change, the more you get left behind. I can't imagine what people would be saying if the attractions from Epcot opening day had been left there with no updates or changes.

aladdin2007

Wow. I love this. You have just become my new best friend. I agree with everything you said. I might not say that Maelstrom was unpopular, but I will say that it was old and tired. Every time I rode it I thought...why am I riding this again. And yes...I bypassed the movie as well. I can't wait to see what happens here. Whether it's a fictional location or not. And if people don't get that...then don't ride it. Plenty of other people will and will enjoy it. I seriously don't get this mentality of "Let's rewind Epcot to it's 1980's state." Things change. People want bigger, better, faster, more. And Disney is going to give that to them. The more you refuse to change, the more you get left behind. I can't imagine what people would be saying if the attractions from Epcot opening day had been left there with no updates or changes.

So then all the other world showcase pavilions should be kicked to the curb too and replaced with somthing else, not just Norway. :banghead:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Then with its popularity, let TWDC give Frozen a proper area and not cram it into the WS, simply because of some inspirations....

Sped2424

Frozen needed a land. For fans of the film or people just excited for this new ride you have to understand this experience is just one tenth of what could have been done. Not to mention the HORRIBLE capacity problems this is going to create. Frozen needed land that's for sure, and that land should have been in DHS or Magic Kingdom. NOT epcot. Maelstrom could have been fixed properly without the forced inclusion of Frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom