Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnieWaffles

I always look at Disney's ticket prices like this:

To enter a UK theme park costs in the region of £40ish quid. For that you get park hours of 9am-7pm on average, tattered old rides, unhelpful staff, disgusting loos and even more disgusting food.

Disney's special tickets for the UK are a steal at like £300 for 14 days for the price of 7 and you get a much much better experience. Helpful CMs, tasty food, better rides...

It doesn't mean I don't think the ticket pricing is getting a bit much though, I mean it's like half our holiday cost aside from flights.

P_Radden

Crane now on site where the meet and greet is being built (taken last evening 7/12/15)

11144079_10205898750861991_1509858190623879719_n.jpg
Hopefully these ladies knew you were taking a pic of the crane and not them haha

Admiral01

Premium Member
I'm going with a friend/co-worker in November, but we couldn't get a Haneda flight easily within our price range...sad too since I always stay at the Shinagawa Prince which right near Haneda airport.

BTW, I highly recommend the Shinagawa Prince hotel, it's in a great location, on the Yamanote line which hits most of the major areas of Tokyo and has a lot of great shops,restaurants nearby, and also has its own aquarium, dolphin show, indoor rollercoaster, movie theater, bowling alley, indoor driving range and pirate ship swinging ride.

(sorry for going off topic)

We always stay at the Prince Sakura Tower hotel right near Shinagawa station. Great location, fantastic breakfast.

mergatroid

I always look at Disney's ticket prices like this:

To enter a UK theme park costs in the region of £40ish quid. For that you get park hours of 9am-7pm on average, tattered old rides, unhelpful staff, disgusting loos and even more disgusting food.

Disney's special tickets for the UK are a steal at like £300 for 14 days for the price of 7 and you get a much much better experience. Helpful CMs, tasty food, better rides...

It doesn't mean I don't think the ticket pricing is getting a bit much though, I mean it's like half our holiday cost aside from flights.

If you're in the UK and go every year then here's a tip. We get Premium Annual Passes that cost about £450 each but cover two holidays. So for instance we go this year on 7th October and that's when our AP starts. We're spending 3 weeks there and can go whenever we want and parking is free (think how much parking would cost). Next year we'll go in September for 3 weeks returning just before our AP's expire so we'll have had 6 weeks of unlimited access and no parking costs over two holidays almost a year apart.

The following year (2017) we'll start the process again going in October 2017 and return the following September.2018. In effect we're buying an AP every two years so about £220 a year for unlimited use, free parking and various discounts on merchandise and recreation such as boating. If you go each year like us it's a fantastic way of saving money :cool:

matt9112

If you're in the UK and go every year then here's a tip. We get Premium Annual Passes that cost about £450 each but cover two holidays. So for instance we go this year on 7th October and that's when our AP starts. We're spending 3 weeks there and can go whenever we want and parking is free (think how much parking would cost). Next year we'll go in September for 3 weeks returning just before our AP's expire so we'll have had 6 weeks of unlimited access and no parking costs over two holidays almost a year apart.

The following year (2017) we'll start the process again going in October 2017 and return the following September.2018. In effect we're buying an AP every two years so about £220 a year for unlimited use, free parking and various discounts on merchandise and recreation such as boating. If you go each year like us it's a fantastic way of saving money :cool:

Some of the deals they offer to international guests are a steal. (Sometimes insulting as much) with the overcrowding and such you would think the could drop some of the deals by now. Granted I would also guess a European is more likely to spend more than an American on the vacation itself. The Florida parks is under so much pressure from international travel from Europe and south America.

mergatroid

Some of the deals they offer to international guests are a steal. (Sometimes insulting as much) with the overcrowding and such you would think the could drop some of the deals by now. Granted I would also guess a European is more likely to spend more than an American on the vacation itself. The Florida parks is under so much pressure from international travel from Europe and south America.

Yes here in the UK we can get things like 14 day tickets cheaper than what it would cost you guys in America to buy. We really get great value though with our AP's that we buy direct from Disney at the same price as you would pay.

matt9112

Yes here in the UK we can get things like 14 day tickets cheaper than what it would cost you guys in America to buy. We really get great value though with our AP's that we buy direct from Disney at the same price as you would pay.

Last time I was in Orlando some brits. Kept buying rounds at Buffalo wild wings. Was all fun and game until you had to explain American football.

mergatroid

Last time I was in Orlando some brits. Kept buying rounds at Buffalo wild wings. Was all fun and game until you had to explain American football.

I once had to explain the offside rule in football (soccer to you) to an American guy whilst watching my team Manchester United in a Hooters restaurant, it was like pulling teeth :(

Slowjack

Sooooooo... Seriously, does the ride even HAVE a story? I see no story.

Pooh tells a story. You're in the Hundred Acre Wood (you enter via storybook). It's a blustery day. You duck through Owl's house. You bounce with Tigger. You go to Pooh's house. He falls asleep. You end up in his dream about Heffalumps and Woozles. He wakes up. It's raining. You're floating in the water. The rain goes away. Pooh eats honey. Not exactly Shakespeare, but it's a coherent story.

Here? It's just... I don't even know. You see Olaf and Sven. Then you see the trolls. Then you see Olaf and Sven with Anna and Kristoff. Then Elsa sings "Let It Go" for no apparent reason. Then Marshmallow. Then everyone waves goodbye. What's even going on? It doesn't feel like you're on an adventure, you're just going around seeing characters from the film.
I've never thought there was any point in requiring a ride to have a linear through-plot, and generally I think they work out better without them. The Little Mermaid, for example, would have been better if they'd just come up with their own way to string scenes together, and not try to condense the whole plot of the film, leaving a weird plot hole that makes Ursula look like an eight-armed fairy godmother instead of a villain. The best attractions hint at a larger story rather that actually feed you plot...a lot of people like to use the word "interactive" around, but for my money, a ride like Pirates or the Haunted Mansion, which leaves it up to the viewer to piece together what's happening and why, is a lot more interactive than TSMM.

Which isn't to say that I'm happy with Frozen--the Ride, but just that I don't think we've seen enough yet to suggest the implementation is a bad one. The direction they are taking with the presentation may be a great implementation--of a terrible idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom