Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

What % of guests actually pay $100 per day? Has to be really low IMO.
Yea, but, it makes a great talking point. Don't take away their fun no matter how little truth there is to it. Seriously though, I'm sure that some do. People with only one day available and they chose the park they want to see and pay the price, but, as you say... it is not a large percentage of total gate receipts.

Speaking of that The Rolling Stones just played a 2 hour concert here in Raleigh last week. The cheap, nosebleed, seats were $135.00 and went up from there and it costs $20.00 to park. All of a sudden $100.00 for an entire days worth of entertainment seems pretty fair. But, yes I will agree that it is much more expensive then it was in 1971 and I'm pretty sure that nothing else besides ticket prices changed over those years.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Yea, but, it makes a great talking point. Don't take away their fun no matter how little truth there is to it. Seriously though, I'm sure that some do. People with only one day available and they chose the park they want to see and pay the price, but, as you say... it is not a large percentage of total gate receipts.

Speaking of that The Rolling Stones just played a 2 hour concert here in Raleigh last week. The cheap, nosebleed, seats were $135.00 and went up from there and it costs $20.00 to park. All of a sudden $100.00 for an entire days worth of entertainment seems pretty fair. But, yes I will agree that it is much more expensive then it was in 1971 and I'm pretty sure that nothing else besides ticket prices changed over those years.
That's been my justification for years too. In reality, you can get 16 to 17 hours of entertainment if you wanted to for $150 a day if you buy a park hopper option. Heck that's $8.82 an hour on the EMH days at Magic Kingdom. I think $8.82 an hour is reasonable.

Goofyernmost

That's been my justification for years too. In reality, you can get 16 to 17 hours of entertainment if you wanted to for $150 a day if you buy a park hopper option. Heck that's $8.82 an hour on the EMH days at Magic Kingdom. I think $8.82 an hour is reasonable.
Yup... as usual in life, the realities are dependent on how one chooses to look at things and how far from the surface that they actually look. Most everything seen on the surface is quite distorted. Didn't they say that the iceberg that the Titanic hit only had 10% of it visible on the surface.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The Rolling Stones just played a 2 hour concert here in Raleigh last week. The cheap, nosebleed, seats were $135.00 and went up from there and it costs $20.00 to park. All of a sudden $100.00 for an entire days worth of entertainment seems pretty fair.
According to the website for the arena they played at, the tickets started at $69.50, not $135. Also there was an opening act which adds to the ticket prices value. You gotta tell the whole, story, Goof

stones1 copy.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
How does justifying the price of a park hopper at MK for EMH have anything to do with attractions like Grand Fiesta Tour being sub par or simply good for AC on a hot day. And FWIW, I enjoy Gran Fiesta Tour so Im not bashing it. Its far from great, but I enjoy it still. Just dont understand your desire to point out value in a park hopper MK per hour price breakdown when its value was never in question.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
According to the website for the arena they played at, the tickets started at $69.50, not $135. Also there was an opening act which adds to the ticket prices value. You gotta tell the whole, story, Goof

View attachment 100423
Just to let you know, those seats are never available. I went to the Atlanta show and was even in the earliest pre-sale and the cheapest I found was $100. If we want to break it down we can but here is the basic breakdown. I'll even give the concert 3 hours: $125 (including parking) for 3 hours = $41.66 an hour. Disney's MK on an Extra Magic Hour late night $8.82. Even if you go on a 9AM to 7PM day that's still just $10 a hour. Not sure there is an argument here. It really does matter how you look at the price from a detailed granular level rather than just the flat price.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
How does justifying the price of a park hopper at MK for EMH have anything to do with attractions like Grand Fiesta Tour being sub par or simply good for AC on a hot day. And FWIW, I enjoy Gran Fiesta Tour so Im not bashing it. Its far from great, but I enjoy it still. Just dont understand your desire to point out value in a park hopper MK per hour price breakdown when its value was never in question.
So what the heck is in question if you are agreeing there is value in a $150 dollar ticket. Park Hopper is must if you are only making it a quick trip. I find the most value in the Park Hopper.

Goofyernmost

View attachment 100423
I didn't go to it, I went by my neighbor that did go and that is what she told me. So sorry about that, still though comparatively it is still more expensive then what the majority pays for a WDW ticket with less entertainment. Perhaps more intense for 2 hours, but, still less. Like most of the people on these threads I'm just passing down pieces of information that I got from a reliable source, who shall not be named.

The point is that regardless of $70 or $135 (as a minimum price) it is still a better deal.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So what the heck is in question if you are agreeing there is value in a $150 dollar ticket. Park Hopper is must if you are only making it a quick trip. I find the most value in the Park Hopper.
Your justifying value by how much you pay per hour. I prefer to judge value on the quality of what I paid for.

Would you buy an uncomfortable pair of pants simply because they would last a little longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom