Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawg

Which Disney blogger is calling himself Kevin today while trying to save his own job?

1. Kevin
    40 mins ago
    I love that this is being done in a culturally sensitive way, and will continue to inspire future generations to learn about the exciting and diverse countries of the world around them. It fits in perfectly with Norwegian heritage, and helps to further the mission of the park. It’s edutanement at its finest!
I took his post as sarcasm. Seems obvious that everything he posted was the exact opposite of what is being done.

gmajew

Do we know if they have even started on the ride yet? Enough time for them to revalue it into something that actually makes sense? Expand track anything?

With it still being 11 months out they have time to fix the mistake? They won't stop frozen going into the park that is done but maybe they all of a sudden get brains.

JohnD

They already messed Mexico up when they added Donald Duck to the boat ride.

I'm not a big fan of it but at least it's still themed to Mexico. Donald is wandering around Mexico while the other two birds are looking for him so they can perform together.

danheaton

I'm enjoying how some people on the Parks Blog are now attacking the negative comments. It's like an Internet forum!

I'm not happy with Frozen in EPCOT, but what's bugging me today is how lazy the concept feels. At least they could try to put together a good story. Did they learn nothing from the Little Mermaid ride?

I also have concerns about capacity and bottlenecks in that part of the park. Maybe now I'll be able to ride Soarin' with a shorter wait at least.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Do we know if they have even started on the ride yet? Enough time for them to revalue it into something that actually makes sense? Expand track anything?

With it still being 11 months out they have time to fix the mistake? They won't stop frozen going into the park that is done but maybe they all of a sudden get brains.

I would think they would be to far along to turn back now.

Magenta Panther

I've been reading the comments over at the Disney Blog. My fave so far:

Carrie from CA on June 9th, 2015 at 1:23 pm

So, “Snowgies” are boogers, right? So there are gonna be animated boogers on this ride?

:hilarious:

My faith in Disney fans who love Frozen BUT realize the absurdity of this ride has been restored.

JohnD

Yep most people are going to be happy I'm sure.

Maelstrom has a low capacity, and a short ride time.

Big issues though will be FP+ availability and a horrendous standby wait. Those who have issues with those two aspects will not have exuberant smiles.

More than likely it will be made Tier 1 and LwtL returned to Tier 2.

Captain Neo

Reading the WSJ article on this ride...I see mentions of animatronics...soooo those claiming "projections and screens" must be thinking this is going into a universal park :p (sorry..had to)

Anyway...tho not a fan of this whole scenario myself...say what you want..it'll be popular. So claim "cheap" all you want, but its making them money...which is why they do it. Don't blame the company..blame the guests.

The concept art shows projections and screens and the same cheap style of sets that were used in the test track "upgrade" and keep in mind concept art is usually supposed to look better than the finished product...

PhotoDave219

I'm enjoying how some people on the Parks Blog are now attacking the negative comments. It's like an Internet forum!

I'm not happy with Frozen in EPCOT, but what's bugging me today is how lazy the concept feels. At least they could try to put together a good story. Did they learn nothing from the Little Mermaid ride?

I also have concerns about capacity and bottlenecks in that part of the park. Maybe now I'll be able to ride Soarin' with a shorter wait at least.

Of course they learned something!

If you make the audience starve, they'll be grateful for whatever you give them. Thats the lesson that was learned. (See also "The Axl Rose" mentality of Making them Wait)

JohnD

What...does that mean exactly?

Sorry about that. Should have explained in detail: Epcot and HS have a "tiered" system for FP+. You can only pick one Tier 1 and two Tier 2 in either of those parks per day.

Before Maelstrom was closed, Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Test Track, and Maelstrom were Tier 1. Living with the Land was Tier 2. When Maelstrom was closed, Living with the Land was moved up to Tier 1. I think it's a good bet that Frozen Ever After will be Tier 1 and Living with the Land returned to Tier 2.

rioriz

The concept art shows projections and screens and the same cheap style of sets that were used in the test track "upgrade" and keep in mind concept art is usually supposed to look better than the finished product...

But fortunately for us I believe the Test Track upgrade turned out to be even better aesthetically than the concept art....

And sorry I do not understand how anyone cant see the actual physical sets and animatronic in the concept art. The only things that smells screens are Elsa reflection. I bet they will use the projection mapping effect much like they did for Mystic Manor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom