Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThemeParkJunkee

From the official blog...
The Norway Pavilion’s exterior will be expanded with many unique Norwegian architectural features and the interior design of the “Royal Sommerhus” will reflect the cultural arts and crafts of Norway, providing a charming setting for guests to meet Elsa and Anna.

See! They are still being culturally sensitive to "Norway". Well, at least to their "arts and crafts".

Shaman

I remain skeptical...:cautious:

It's amazing that they would entertain the notion of moving CoP instead of completely doing away with it. One can only hope that this happens when they're ready to use the CoP plot at MK. Cheaper to scrap it...so....:(

PhotoDave219

Which Disney blogger is calling himself Kevin today while trying to save his own job?

1. Kevin
    40 mins ago
    I love that this is being done in a culturally sensitive way, and will continue to inspire future generations to learn about the exciting and diverse countries of the world around them. It fits in perfectly with Norwegian heritage, and helps to further the mission of the park. It’s edutanement at its finest!

That's a new level of sarcasm....

LeRaposa

Disney really should have held off on building a Frozen attraction. They should have waited to see if the movie's popularity lasts before spending money on rides.

Monorail_Red_77

I wish the plans to move COP to WOL building actually were greenlighted. Would have brought new life to Epcot.

Careful what you wish for. We wouldn't want another episode of an accident happening during refurbishment and then the ride just ending up in the landfill.
Remember the riverboat accident that happened in the 70's-80's where the riverboat was being dry-docked and it "accidentally" fell on the ground and had to be destroyed.

I know that it was a real accident. But, I wouldn't put it past some high-ups to fabricate an accident just so they can get rid of it and not have to refurb it.

Yea, I'm talkin' to you 20K Leagues.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Disney really should have held off on building a Frozen attraction. They should have waited to see if the movie's popularity lasts before spending money on rides.
I slightly disagree.
As much as I loathe Frozen, it's held up surprisingly well in terms of it's popularity so far, and we're almost 2 years out.
What Disney needed to do was to plan a proper attraction, at a proper park, with a proper budget.
The problem is cramming a Nemo-ified half-arsed attraction into a completely inappropriate location.

Monorail_Red_77

This ride makes me really sad. I don't normally post to the boards but I read everyday. I am very disappointed by what they are doing to the Norway pavilion . I have been going to Disney World since I was a little girl, and I learned so much by going to Epcot (esp in the 90s), which was educational and inventive. Bringing film characters to the countries and replaying "Let it go" over and over doesn't tell me anything about the culture of Norway as a country. I go to the countries to learn about that country and be immersed into their culture. I think Disney is taking the wrong direction with this ride. Why not incorporate Elsa and Anna into teaching the riders about their country of Norway almost like Nemo in Living with the Seas? I don't mind Donald Duck being in the Mexico ride because he was in The Three Caballeros film all about Mexico. I don't mean to go on a rant here, but I am sad to see where Epcot is going...

The whole concept of the ride bothers be too. Yes it's a new storyline, but it makes no sense to the message of the original film. Why is Elsa back in her ice tower singing let it go?

Maybe Elsa had a re-lapse of her icy addiction. Back to rehab for you lil' missy. ;)

Magenta Panther

BN-IU134_DISNEY_M_20150605175549.jpg

New concept art for the new Frozen Ride coming to Epcot. It's titled Frozen Ever After.
Lets get things out of the way

1. We all hate this decision it's lazy it sucks no one likes this we all acknowledge that we don't need 42 comments saying the same things again let's keep the discussion rather sane.
  2. Frozen is not a bad film because of what's happening however it's rather shedding light on the bad practices continued by the company so please be respectful to those of us who still like the movie.
  3. The article where this came from which can be found here (you have to click the first link as the article is behind a paywall, this link gets you through that.) The article does nothing but display iger's skeeziness and his insistence on franchises and branding. It's a rough read. Anyways with that out of the way please discuss to your hearts content.

Thank you for injecting sanity into this discussion early on. For my part, I'm moving on from my disappointment over the loss of Maelstrom. (Insert "Let It Go" joke here). What's the use of griping? It's gone forever. So now I"m going to continue to read this thread - and especially posts from insiders and tech guys here - and try to figure out what this thing is really going to be like.

And I'm NOT going to read the *%&!!!! article. I can just imagine what Cement Head has to say. He's such a corporate caricature I'm surprised he hasn't turned up in Simpsons and South Park and Robot Chicken by now.

Jjbean2

From the Disney Blog
"Dan on June 9th, 2015 at 12:22 pm
Have you made any improvements to increase the capacity of the ride? It sounds like it follows the same track and will use the same boats.

Also, have you decided to change the name of EPCOT yet? It doesn’t seem to really apply anymore."

FTW :hilarious:

Monorail_Red_77

Science needs a big boost. A pavilion dedicated to inventors would be awesome. Maybe for Imagination?

I also think they should move update CoP (maybe even with screens) to Epcot and make it part of an SSE pavilion.

Eeek no more screens. I can get projector screens in my Confrenece Room. Bring on the audio-animatronics. The newer ones with digital projection and fluid motion would be nice too where appropriate.

Phineas

I'm gonna miss that creepy looking Norwegian guy on the mural
Well, you're in luck sir and/or madam! Redbubble has tshirts!
http://www.redbubble.com/people/hob...-disney-construction-guy?grid_pos=1&p=t-shirt
fig,navy,mens,ffffff.jpg

Or, if you're feeling particularly daring, may I interest you in the alternate vaguely devious child design?
fig,navy,mens,ffffff.jpg

Seriously, look at him. He's done something horrible, and he's just biding his time before it all comes crashing down on him. He knows what he did, he just doesn't care.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/hob...ever-forget-retro-disney?grid_pos=2&p=t-shirt

Never. Forget.

gmajew

There are. But they're a decade from being completed. Assuming they stay green.

In the meantime the wrong IP is being shoehorned into the wrong park.

Epcot needs help. But proper help. Not a fudged up band aid.

I hate not knowing.... and the time line stinks but your saying their is hope? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom