Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoDave219

But fortunately for us I believe the Test Track upgrade turned out to be even better aesthetically than the concept art....

And sorry I do not understand how anyone cant see the actual physical sets and animatronic in the concept art. The only things that smells screens are Elsa reflection. I bet they will use the projection mapping effect much like they did for Mystic Manor

Meh. Not if you liked the original Test Track and actually like automotive engineering as opposed to Tron Track and it all being "virtual" and lots of blacklight.

Monorail_Red_77

The concept art shows projections and screens and the same cheap style of sets that were used in the test track "upgrade" and keep in mind concept art is usually supposed to look better than the finished product...

Doesn't give much hope for the DHS park overhaul.

5 spinners and a tarp overlay for the park marqueue sign (think permanent scrim)
They could leave the rides in disrepair and give them more of an abandoned look.
They could call it Stich's Studio Adventure Park.
Done!

Just kidding, I hope.

All these ride closures and multi-year refurb/construction projects WDW-wide with sub-par end results do not bode well for DHS reboot.

rd805

I think it's weird to be up in arms about this. I think the ride through description and picture looks great? It is very clear this isn't the cheap overlay people were complaining/foreseeing would happen.

rioriz

I think it's weird to be up in arms about this. I think the ride through description and picture looks great? It is very clear this isn't the cheap overlay people were complaining/foreseeing would happen.

Oh I am sure it cost a lot of money, but that doesn't deny the fact that it is a shoehorned quick fix. If they actually used the expansion plot to expand the ride then maybe a different story...

xstech25

You guys crack me up! :)
Not everything Disney builds is going to be on the scale of Avatar or Star Wars Land. Could this project have been bigger? Sure, but you can only have so many billion dollar projects going on at a time.

phi2134

Are the ride vehicles getting smaller or are they using the same boats from maelstrom? Concept art looks like its smaller, but you never know.

rioriz

Either way, it added nothing to Park Capacity. Same with Frozenstrom. Nothing is added capacity-wise.

I mentioned this earlier, but the added capacity will come from the M&G. I fully believe that the line for that will rival the actual ride. I am not saying I like the idea. However I can totally see the Disney logic in adding the new "attraction" on the expansion plot. You know Disney will call anything an "attraction" these days

doctornick

Sorry about that. Should have explained in detail: Epcot and HS have a "tiered" system for FP+. You can only pick one Tier 1 and two Tier 2 in either of those parks per day.

Before Maelstrom was closed, Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Test Track, and Maelstrom were Tier 1. Living with the Land was Tier 2. When Maelstrom was closed, Living with the Land was moved up to Tier 1. I think it's a good bet that Frozen Ever After will be Tier 1 and Living with the Land returned to Tier 2.

Spaceship Earth is not Tier 1, but the Epcot Character Spot is (unless it's changed recently)

Monorail_Red_77

I mentioned this earlier, but the added capacity will come from the M&G. I fully believe that the line for that will rival the actual ride. I am not saying I like the idea. However I can totally see the Disney logic in adding the new "attraction" on the expansion plot. You know Disney will call anything an "attraction" these days

Yes indeed. Just look up Leave a Legacy on WDW official site.

Might as well call the Parking lot an attraction and require FastPass for the parking trams. :eek:

I can hear it now. Utilizing the latest in Transportation Technology we at Disney have been able to allow the guest to bring themselves right to the heart of the magic. The Magic is as close as your car door. Then board our futuristic transporters to get to your desired destination.

Ride time 15 mintues.
Stand-By time 90 minutes
FastPass time 20 minutes.
Height Requirement: Any Height

flynnibus

Premium Member
Wat if... this becomes WDW's "Atari ET game"

The thing riding on the surge... done so poorly.. that the flaws that have been building just explode and become visible for all to see?

This attraction has so much build up from the IP alone... what will happen in the general population if Disney flubs this project and people come off completely underwelmed? Will a significant backlash appear in the vanilla family crowd?

The build up from the IP alone is going to be hard for Disney to meet. It's almost doomed to disappoint.

rd805

Wat if... this becomes WDW's "Atari ET game"

The thing riding on the surge... done so poorly.. that the flaws that have been building just explode and become visible for all to see?

This attraction has so much build up from the IP alone... what will happen in the general population if Disney flubs this project and people come off completely underwelmed? Will a significant backlash appear in the vanilla family crowd?

The build up from the IP alone is going to be hard for Disney to meet. It's almost doomed to disappoint.

Interesting point --- but, to myself and many disney board members -- Mine Train is a HUGE disappoint for what it was advertised at. Yet, you don't hear any backlash from anyone there.... I doubt the general public would be upset with anything Frozen, especially since this actually looks pretty good haha.

PhotoDave219

Okay, lets look at this..... Assume theyre going to build 2 rooms for our friends. Assume love and shove - 30 seconds/group so 4 people/groups a minute. So 240 people per hour gives you 2880 for a 12 hour M&G. So realistically, 2500-ish groups, probably around 3000 actual people PER DAY.

Thats not adding capacity, thats 3 hours of Frozenstrom capacity.

Wikkler

This treasure needs to be preserved.

Scott from IL on June 9th, 2015 at 2:08 pm

Will there be a section that will help me book a family vacation to Arendelle? When I was at Epcot last year, the people in the Norway section looked utterly confused when I told them I didn’t want to visit their silly country, I wanted to go to Arendelle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom