Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladdin2007

I talked to someone about the entire concept this morning, and outside of the shoe-horned ride and M&G, it looks like not much else is going to change at Norway. So while I don't love it, I don't hate. There are also some untapped things about culture and the making of Frozen in play.

Not an excuse, but I wouldn't completely start crying that the World Showcase is going to become Toon Lagoon yet.

Thats what I had been told all along, but its just disheartening that the focus on Norway as Norway will be more minor now. The princessess in akershus need to go for one thing that dont belong anyway, and this would allow the frozen mess more outside room in terms of people. As it is now its going to be absolute gridlock come next May and with a hodgepodge of theme issues.

PhotoDave219

Disney really should have held off on building a Frozen attraction. They should have waited to see if the movie's popularity lasts before spending money on rides.

Frozen mania is not subsiding. The popularity is not ebbing.

I have no problem with TWDC cashing in on this ice queen.

I don't like doing it at Epcot but Epcot needs some bloody help attendance wise.

aladdin2007

I'd see them out. But in all reality, it's likely their spot is going to be taken pretty swiftly by Frozen.

I know a few safety managers for construction - there is a sense of dread on what to do with crowd level.

you mean akershus? I think it should be just frozen characters, but Kristoff too not just the girls. At least it would fit in unlike the current roster.

PhotoDave219

I'd see them out. But in all reality, it's likely their spot is going to be taken pretty swiftly by Frozen.

I know a few safety managers for construction - there is a sense of dread on what to do with crowd level.

You mean taking the current, hot popular product and cramming it into a tiny space and a tiny ride with a tiny HRC is a bad idea?

JohnD

So it will remain a boat ride? I was thinking sleighs because that makes more sense for theming.

So my question is... What is left in Norway that is Norwegian?

Exactly. I'm sure it will be a good ride for what it is. It's just not themed to Norway. I can imagine the ride in any other park but Epcot. Even Three Callaberos in Mexico still has a Mexico theme. (Donald is wandering around Mexico and the other two birds are hunting him down so they can perform together).

Brer Panther

Okay, first of all, I hate the attraction's name. "Frozen Ever After"? What does that even MEAN?

Second, what, exactly, is the story supposed to be? I didn't see a story. It's just... See Olaf and Sven. See the Head Troll. See Elsa singing. See Marshmallow. Anna doesn't even appear until the final scene. The Pooh ride at Disneyland has a clearer story than this, and that can essentially be summed up as, "The weather's lousy, somebody put something weird in Pooh's honey, and now it's his birthday"!

Admittedly, I do like the idea of having Marshmallow make an appearance... And having the queue pass through Wandering Oaken's.

Why is Elsa back in her ice tower singing let it go?
Because the song is popular and they needed to shoehorn it in. Really, it's not even that good of a song. I prefer THIS version over Idina Menzel's:

JohnD

When I was there this past Sunday. The new band was playing up against the Mexican restaurant that is at the waters edge. They had a covered patio type area they were playing under. Not sure if they wander around or if this is their permanent location like the band in Morocco.

Here's the Mexico entertainment pic:

View attachment 91052

That's where they were when I was last there several weeks ago. If it's raining, then they play inside the main building.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So now I"m going to continue to read this thread - and especially posts from insiders and tech guys here - and try to figure out what this thing is really going to be like.
A woefully short boat ride that'll make Aerials Undersea seem like the directors cut redux extended version of Mermaid?

One with screens and AAs?

And one that once a single chorus of Let it Go has finished over half the ride will be over?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Okay, first of all, I hate the attraction's name. "Frozen Ever After"? What does that even MEAN?
It means they took the name of one of their full length films and one of their short films and combined them.

We need a name for this attraction.

Umm... Tangled Ever After.... Frozen... Frozen Tangled? No. Umm... Frozen Ever After? YES! Off to the golf course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom