Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladdin2007

The water fall scene is gone? This ride is just trash, hopefully they will re think the plans for it if theres to much negative feedback from it.

which waterfall? you mean the one outside or the flume drop inside, and where did you hear that?

startraveler

A family member posted. Awaiting moderation. It is about ease of wheelchair transfer. Doubt if it will get through. It will probably be the same as maelstrom, anyway.

aladdin2007

The one that looks like your going to back outside, by the looos of the art work, it seems like the let it go scene will be in its place.

the artwork is from an interior scene, where the trolls use to send you back. The outside waterfall is staying I believe, unless they close that up.

BazH

Jeez, you'd think the sky is falling. I get the love for Maelstrom, I do - but let's play a game. WDI are not evil - no, it's true! Hear me out!

WDI isn't evil, nor do they strive for mediocrity. The Board, Iger, Staggs, and co. are not evil either. Trust me - they love the park, the studio, the whole shebang- however there is a business strategy here. Let me explain:

Epcot has been a problem child - we all know that. Only the "true" self-proclaimed Disney fans claim to 'understand' the original intent and take issue with any changes that slink away from that core concept for the EPCOT Center. The problem is, EPCOT Center wasn't good business. Guests weren't into a museum-type park. They still aren't. And at the end of the day, Epcot costs a lot of money to operate.

So, the responsible thing to do is get people to come through those gates every single day. Will that make all of you angry most of the time? Yes, it will. But, you're also the equivalent of fans of a TV show that are angry because they killed of one of your favorite supporting characters.

Now, I ask you to take a step back from this project. You're all looking at Frozen Ever After too closely. Why would you want them to sink major, major E-ticket money into this? You don't- particularly when there are whole pavilions in the Future World half of the park that need guests far more than Norway did. Except, those pavilions are playing the long-game.

There are two opportunities at play - with a difference of $135M in budget. One's Imagination, one's WOL. Which one gets the green-light will depend on the box office for a certain June animated release.

If you'd like me to spell things out for you... there are some big plans for Epcot. They'll happen prior to any major DHS projects. They're going to require a LOT of capital. Frozen Ever After is a small drop in the bucket compared to the Future World plans that are up for final approvals.

And yes - you'll all be angry at first (another movie attraction! the horror!), until you learn more and then fall in love with what it could be. And then really fall in love when you experience it. All whilst bashing Iger because you honestly have no clue how much good he does for the creatives.

Pirouline

Jeez, you'd think the sky is falling. I get the love for Maelstrom, I do - but let's play a game. WDI are not evil - no, it's true! Hear me out!

WDI isn't evil, nor do they strive for mediocrity. The Board, Iger, Staggs, and co. are not evil either. Trust me - they love the park, the studio, the whole shebang- however there is a business strategy here. Let me explain:

Epcot has been a problem child - we all know that. Only the "true" self-proclaimed Disney fans claim to 'understand' the original intent and take issue with any changes that slink away from that core concept for the EPCOT Center. The problem is, EPCOT Center wasn't good business. Guests weren't into a museum-type park. They still aren't. And at the end of the day, Epcot costs a lot of money to operate.

So, the responsible thing to do is get people to come through those gates every single day. Will that make all of you angry most of the time? Yes, it will. But, you're also the equivalent of fans of a TV show that are angry because they killed of one of your favorite supporting characters.

Now, I ask you to take a step back from this project. You're all looking at Frozen Ever After too closely. Why would you want them to sink major, major E-ticket money into this? You don't- particularly when there are whole pavilions in the Future World half of the park that need guests far more than Norway did. Except, those pavilions are playing the long-game.

There are two opportunities at play - with a difference of $135M in budget. One's Imagination, one's WOL. Which one gets the green-light will depend on the box office for a certain June animated release.

If you'd like me to spell things out for you... there are some big plans for Epcot. They'll happen prior to any major DHS projects. They're going to require a LOT of capital. Frozen Ever After is a small drop in the bucket compared to the Future World plans that are up for final approvals.

And yes - you'll all be angry at first (another movie attraction! the horror!), until you learn more and then fall in love with what it could be. And then really fall in love when you experience it. All whilst bashing Iger because you honestly have no clue how much good he does for the creatives.
The issue is that the movie does not even take place in Norway. I would be fine with this if they were going to improve the Future world, but it seems like all their doing to the Future World is upgrading soarian.

ToTBellHop

Which Disney blogger is calling himself Kevin today while trying to save his own job?

1. Kevin
    40 mins ago
    I love that this is being done in a culturally sensitive way, and will continue to inspire future generations to learn about the exciting and diverse countries of the world around them. It fits in perfectly with Norwegian heritage, and helps to further the mission of the park. It’s edutanement at its finest!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

EP has never had issue getting people through its gates. Or having people fall in love with the park, without having to introduce a movie and its fictional land to the World Showcase....

P_Radden

Wow nice 1st post. Now, please explain these plans for Future World you speak of

aladdin2007

Which Disney blogger is calling himself Kevin today while trying to save his own job?

1. Kevin
    40 mins ago
    I love that this is being done in a culturally sensitive way, and will continue to inspire future generations to learn about the exciting and diverse countries of the world around them. It fits in perfectly with Norwegian heritage, and helps to further the mission of the park. It’s edutanement at its finest!

sickening

Mike S

image.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
there are some big plans for Epcot. They'll happen prior to any major DHS projects. They're going to require a LOT of capital. Frozen Ever After is a small drop in the bucket compared to the Future World plans that are up for final approvals.
There are. But they're a decade from being completed. Assuming they stay green.

In the meantime the wrong IP is being shoehorned into the wrong park.

Epcot needs help. But proper help. Not a fudged up band aid.

ToTBellHop

There are. But they're a decade from being completed. Assuming they stay green.

In the meantime the wrong IP is being shoehorned into the wrong park.

Epcot needs help. But proper help. Not a fudged up band aid.
Indeed. If this was being added to round out NFL I think most of us would actually approve and maybe even consider NFL a success. Hell, it would even work at DHS which could use a boat ride. Water over the...waterfall I guess.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Like a Rhine River Cruise, or a Mt. Fuji E-ticket, or a Matterhorn clone, or a trackless dark ride to revitalize Imagination, or a WoL replacement, or a massive upgrade for Ellen, or a new country, or that Canada river rapids ride, or a Weather pavillion between Land and Seas, or a Nemo retheme/revamp, or a...

Whoa... Epcot seems to lack appealing people-eaters ;)
Yes, please. One of each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom