Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrogue

I never once said it wasn't, however, I was pointing out that adding frozen to the Norway pavilion is not as much of a stretch as adding the "birds" to Mexico. That the "Frozen" theme actually may have had a much closer connection to Norway, then the "birds" ever did.
Sorry -- I tried reading back to the comments but I probably missed the origin of that thread. However, I guess that's where I'd disagree! Panchito is specifically from actual Mexico (not a place based off of Mexico) in the movie, whereas Arendelle isn't Norway even if it's based off of it. So therefore having a fake bird in a real place just seems to fit way better to me than having fake people in a fake country in what's supposed to be a real place

FigmentFan3

Sorry -- I tried reading back to the comments but I probably missed the origin of that thread. However, I guess that's where I'd disagree! Panchito is specifically from actual Mexico (not a place based off of Mexico) in the movie, whereas Arendelle isn't Norway even if it's based off of it. So therefore having a fake bird in a real place just seems to fit way better to me than having fake people in a fake country in what's supposed to be a real place
I totally agree. And furthermore, "the birds" aren't just telling their own story, they are in fact looking for Donald but they're also doing so in distinctly Mexican places and as a result, they're introducing guests to these places, Elsa isn't going to be telling us about the rich history and culture of Norway, she's going to be belting out Let It Go for hours a day, perhaps reminding us traditionalists that EPCOT Center is gone and won't be returning.

sporadic

I'm really bummed that I missed out on the Maelstrom shirts the Disney Store was selling a while back. I would have loved to wear it and stand around the pavillion when this ride opens

11425873_1079699055392309_4755701953531607896_n.jpg

FigmentJedi

Mexico is a real country. As far as we know San Fransokyo is not in a real, existing, non-fictitious, can-find-it-in-National-Geographic country.
It's straight up San Francisco in an alternate universe where Japanese immigrants spearheaded the reconstruction of the city after the 1906 earthquake, with the infusion of their design sensibilities leading to a mashup name being applied. And apparently the movie itself is set sometime in the 2030s judging from a "95th Anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge" poster on the back of a trolley car.

Cesar R M

Not without a press conference to announce that there will be an announcement in the near future. Six months later, after speculation is running wild on what could possibly be a new addition to Epcot....Disney will invite all social media fanbois with more than 8 followers to a major event in the ballroom of the Four Seasons with enough cupcakes and lemonade to make Becky with the good hair jealous....and then they will unveil an artist concept of a lone bench in Epcot that will be refurbed into a brand new bench that will be open in 18 months!!! Then, 24 months later, after several delays, the bench will be ready.

Thats how you get a new park bench!!!
But since demand of that sole bench will be so big.. Iger will claim it a resounded success. To monetize.. Iger will sell sponsorships that will stamp the user's but ts with the sponsor's logo. Also thanks to continuous demand, the usage of the Bench will move to a dinning package.
Chapek will then shout SYNERGY as they set a variety of shops next to the bench that will sell mini bench and bench shaped memoralia.

Cesar R M

Well first they will do a study...costing 40-60k to see if people really would find their vacation enhanced by a new bench. Then Iger would have to figure out if the stockholders would agree that a bench is the best thing that the Walt Disney Company could spend their money on... Then the bean counters would have to figure out how that bench could generate a positive cash flow... before it is handed over to imagineering...who would then send their top designers to a bench factory where they could inspect and be inspired by the craftsmen creating benches. Walt Disney Feature Animation would then get involved to create a movie or television show based on benches... 6-9 months later, Imagineering would reveal a beautiful piece of concept art...Next Walt Disney Merchandising would begin creating T shirts and toy models of the new bench to flood the Disney stores across all parks and resorts.....Followed by the inevitable press release and television commercials...then a year or possibly two later the bench would appear complete with a parade and celebrity appearance.
8o2lq2y.gif

Cesar R M

The ride actually is relevant to Mexican culture! My family is from Acapulco and one of my favorite parts of the ride is watching the cliff diver from Acapulco. Yes, it was even more relevant before the birds, but it's still great today. I think it definitely has the best IP placement in the World Showcase so far.
my only gripe is that the whole show seems "donald is lost.. in mexico" and putting most of the attention of that caricature of Donald going around places..

Brian Swan

It's the only ip placement in the world so far... ( aside from a meet and greet). I don't quite get the integration of the birds...adding the actual animatronics helped flesh it out a bit...But I do wosh it would have been more about mexico and less about Where is Donald...
I'll be the first to admit I liked the original version better, but the current version is very reminiscent of portions of "Saludos Amigos" and "The Three Caballeros" where the "cartoon" birds were integrated into actual "cultural" footage (even if a lot of it was "staged" for the films). I remember the AAs from the old Mickey Mouse Review, so I'm looking forward to seeing them again in their new home.

Monorail_Red_77

Well first they will do a study...costing 40-60k to see if people really would find their vacation enhanced by a new bench. Then Iger would have to figure out if the stockholders would agree that a bench is the best thing that the Walt Disney Company could spend their money on... Then the bean counters would have to figure out how that bench could generate a positive cash flow... before it is handed over to imagineering...who would then send their top designers to a bench factory where they could inspect and be inspired by the craftsmen creating benches. Walt Disney Feature Animation would then get involved to create a movie or television show based on benches... 6-9 months later, Imagineering would reveal a beautiful piece of concept art...Next Walt Disney Merchandising would begin creating T shirts and toy models of the new bench to flood the Disney stores across all parks and resorts.....Followed by the inevitable press release and television commercials...then a year or possibly two later the bench would appear complete with a parade and celebrity appearance.

Wait a minute.... Can I get a cupcake with a picture of the bench on top of it. It needs to be one of those cheap ones that look like a middle school home economics class put them together in one class period.
Then I could eat my bench cupcake while sitting on the bench.

Untitled.jpg

rle4lunch

ugh. maelstrom sucked. get over it. it was incoherent rubbish. now should it have been replaced by frozen, that I don't know? as for putting an IP into World Showcase, I don't care. Let Disney do what they want. If it fails, it fails. What I see it doing is creating a BIG draw so that other attractions in Epcot (looking at you Soarin') and perhaps other parks can get some relief and shorter wait times.

Going to 3 screens for Soarin' opens, that'll reduce some of the wait, but I never, ever, saw a warranted reason to wait 95 minutes for it. No spank you, Greenwald.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Wait a minute.... Can I get a cupcake with a picture of the bench on top of it. It needs to be one of those cheap ones that look like a middle school home economics class put them together in one class period.

View attachment 139674

NOT SO FAST, MISTER.

Did you FP+ that bench 60 days in advance?

If not, get in line.

Hamburg-iPhone6s-800x450.jpg

Mike S

ugh. maelstrom sucked. get over it. it was incoherent rubbish. now should it have been replaced by frozen, that I don't know? as for putting an IP into World Showcase, I don't care. Let Disney do what they want. If it fails, it fails. What I see it doing is creating a BIG draw so that other attractions in Epcot (looking at you Soarin') and perhaps other parks can get some relief and shorter wait times.

Going to 3 screens for Soarin' opens, that'll reduce some of the wait, but I never, ever, saw a warranted reason to wait 95 minutes for it. No spank you, Greenwald.
How about you get over the fact that we won't get over it?
Eddie-Murphy-A-Ok-Reaction.gif

FigmentForver96

Sarcasam??? If not then it isn't even about the ride prior as much as it is now. The reasons it is wrong goes back plenty of pages so I'll let you do the digging.

djkidkaz

I agree, I don't know what people think was so great about Maelstrom. Unless it was a walk on I didn't even bother with it. Same goes for the mexico boat ride. I completely understand where people would be upset about characters in World Showcase and to some extent I agree. But the more I think about it, the more I am ok with it as long as the exterior of the pavilions, the shops and the Cast Members all represent their country. I also don't mind as long as the exterior of the attraction isn't cartoony Arendale with a big Anna and Elsa outside. Theme it so that it doesn't contrast with the pavilion and I'm ok. I also like that it offers something for the kids to do as they make there way around the countries. To me World Showcase already caters incredibly heavy towards adults so adding some stuff for the kids is ok I think.

Bocabear

View attachment 139674
Don't forget the new Castle Show they could do to celebrate...
Mickey & Friends Bench-tacular! It would feature some rarely seen characters like Maid Marion... {{SPOILER ALERT}} Show begins with with an explosion of fireworks and confetti and the entrance of The Fab Five, 6 dancers and Maid Marion...who is dragging behind. Mickey asks Maid Marion why she is so sad.....She explains she had been following Robin Hood through the forest all night and now there is no place to sit....So Mickey , Minnie and Donald call upon Cinderella and the other Princesses ( Who arrive with much fanfare) to ask what they should do...Cinderella knows just what to do...ask the fairy godmother for a new bench... The Godmother concedes with help of the audience and Bibbidi Benchidy Boo! a new Bench arrives Confetti Canons explode, Daytime Fireworks go off and everyone sings "A Bench is a wish your heart makes"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom