Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kman101

Everytime I look at old photos or videos of the parks I always look for benches ... lol. It's bizarre how much they've been taken away. I know space is limited but we all know they want you shopping and walking not sitting and doing nothing. It's too bad because now everyone camps out on window sills outside (or takes a table that should be for someone with food) and on the ground, which looks terrible and makes everyone look homeless.

Mike S

Everytime I look at old photos or videos of the parks I always look for benches ... lol. It's bizarre how much they've been taken away. I know space is limited but we all know they want you shopping and walking not sitting and doing nothing. It's too bad because now everyone camps out on window sills outside (or takes a table that should be for someone with food) and on the ground, which looks terrible and makes everyone look homeless.
Perfect example of a decision that looks good on paper to someone who doesn't actually walk around the parks.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Well when you're walking around a park with little shade and it's ...Florida, plus outside (mostly) you can expect people to get tired and park their rears anywhere that even remotely resembles a bench, if there are no benches in sight.

I understand the WHY behind removing benches, but I think it's low and skeezy- something you'd find at a carny park- for getting people to keep moving and buying versus resting and continuing on with their day.

clemmo

Anyone know if fp+ will be available for this by mid June? I'm planning on going down then but i'm sure the wait will be insane so its fp+ or nothing. Also I know this has been talked about but I haven't seen confirmation... is the ws opening earlier than 11am? If not we may have a stampede

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Is a bench asking too much, though?
Not without a press conference to announce that there will be an announcement in the near future. Six months later, after speculation is running wild on what could possibly be a new addition to Epcot....Disney will invite all social media fanbois with more than 8 followers to a major event in the ballroom of the Four Seasons with enough cupcakes and lemonade to make Becky with the good hair jealous....and then they will unveil an artist concept of a lone bench in Epcot that will be refurbed into a brand new bench that will be open in 18 months!!! Then, 24 months later, after several delays, the bench will be ready.

Thats how you get a new park bench!!!

Soarin' Over Pgh

Not without a press conference to announce that there will be an announcement in the near future. Six months later, after speculation is running wild on what could possibly be a new addition to Epcot....Disney will invite all social media fanbois with more than 8 followers to a major event in the ballroom of the Four Seasons with enough cupcakes and lemonade to make Becky with the good hair jealous....and then they will unveil an artist concept of a lone bench in Epcot that will be refurbed into a brand new bench that will be open in 18 months!!! Then, 24 months later, after several delays, the bench will be ready.

Thats how you get a new park bench!!!

THATS NOT EVEN A NEW BENCH. THATS A REFURB BENCH.

HOW DO I GET A NEW BENCH??

:joyfull::D:greedy::hilarious:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Anyone know if fp+ will be available for this by mid June? I'm planning on going down then but i'm sure the wait will be insane so its fp+ or nothing. Also I know this has been talked about but I haven't seen confirmation... is the ws opening earlier than 11am? If not we may have a stampede
Sure, even though Disney has not yet announced a solid opening day that we can trust,....we know for sure that FP+ will be available in mid June. Are you detecting my sarcasm, because Im laying it on pretty thick. You may just have to go old school and live through the sheer horror of waking up and being there for rope drop:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:....if its even open by then

Bocabear

THATS NOT EVEN A NEW BENCH. THATS A REFURB BENCH.

HOW DO I GET A NEW BENCH??

:joyfull::D:greedy::hilarious:
Well first they will do a study...costing 40-60k to see if people really would find their vacation enhanced by a new bench. Then Iger would have to figure out if the stockholders would agree that a bench is the best thing that the Walt Disney Company could spend their money on... Then the bean counters would have to figure out how that bench could generate a positive cash flow... before it is handed over to imagineering...who would then send their top designers to a bench factory where they could inspect and be inspired by the craftsmen creating benches. Walt Disney Feature Animation would then get involved to create a movie or television show based on benches... 6-9 months later, Imagineering would reveal a beautiful piece of concept art...Next Walt Disney Merchandising would begin creating T shirts and toy models of the new bench to flood the Disney stores across all parks and resorts.....Followed by the inevitable press release and television commercials...then a year or possibly two later the bench would appear complete with a parade and celebrity appearance.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Well first they will do a study...costing 40-60k to see if people really would find their vacation enhanced by a new bench. Then Iger would have to figure out if the stockholders would agree that a bench is the best thing that the Walt Disney Company could spend their money on... Then the bean counters would have to figure out how that bench could generate a positive cash flow... before it is handed over to imagineering...who would then send their top designers to a bench factory where they could inspect and be inspired by the craftsmen creating benches. Walt Disney Feature Animation would then get involved to create a movie or television show based on benches... 6-9 months later, Imagineering would reveal a beautiful piece of concept art...Next Walt Disney Merchandising would begin creating T shirts and toy models of the new bench to flood the Disney stores across all parks and resorts.....Followed by the inevitable press release and television commercials...then a year or possibly two later the bench would appear complete with a parade and celebrity appearance.

....So that's a yes, right?

Never has it phased me so much wasted resources could go into something as stupid- but your above scenario is totally believable... and I could see that happening.

jrogue

Still a major stretch to think of it as anything relevant to the Mexican culture!
The ride actually is relevant to Mexican culture! My family is from Acapulco and one of my favorite parts of the ride is watching the cliff diver from Acapulco. Yes, it was even more relevant before the birds, but it's still great today. I think it definitely has the best IP placement in the World Showcase so far.

Bocabear

It's the only ip placement in the world so far... ( aside from a meet and greet). I don't quite get the integration of the birds...adding the actual animatronics helped flesh it out a bit...But I do wosh it would have been more about mexico and less about Where is Donald...

jrogue

I'm really bummed that I missed out on the Maelstrom shirts the Disney Store was selling a while back. I would have loved to wear it and stand around the pavillion when this ride opens

Goofyernmost

The ride actually is relevant to Mexican culture! My family is from Acapulco and one of my favorite parts of the ride is watching the cliff diver from Acapulco. Yes, it was even more relevant before the birds, but it's still great today. I think it definitely has the best IP placement in the World Showcase so far.
The original ride was indeed relevant to the Mexican culture. I never once said it wasn't, however, I was pointing out that adding frozen to the Norway pavilion is not as much of a stretch as adding the "birds" to Mexico. That the "Frozen" theme actually may have had a much closer connection to Norway, then the "birds" ever did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom