Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeating

Few even liked what Paris got so it's not like it can get much worse. It's a complete letdown along the lines of Antarctica at Sea World.

Guests love the ride in Paris and whilst it might not have the same marketing factor in the US I am sure guests would come off the ride and give it great reviews. I can't imagine the Frozstrom is going to better than Ratatouille.

Next Big Thing

Guests love the ride in Paris and whilst it might not have the same marketing factor in the US I am sure guests would come off the ride and give it great reviews. I can't imagine the Frozstrom is going to better than Ratatouille.
You're right. Rat would be a much butter ride than Frozen.

I don't know how I feel about continued addition of characters in WS though. On one hand, I would welcome more rides around the lagoon as long as culture is still a main focal point of the countries (outside of the rides at least). On the other, I don't want WS to turn into a giant Fantasyland with booze, but I also want expansion.

cjkeating

You're right. Rat would be a much butter ride than Frozen.

I don't know how I feel about continued addition of characters in WS though. On one hand, I would welcome more rides around the lagoon as long as culture is still a main focal point of the countries (outside of the rides at least). On the other, I don't want WS to turn into a giant Fantasyland with booze, but I also want expansion.

I completely agree. I don't think characters should exist in World Showcase other than a meet and greet, however would I turn down additional rides in World Showcase with characters as opposed to the 99% fact that a non-IP ride will never be built again in World Showcase? I think I would have to concede just to get new rides in Epcot. Let's not get started on Future World...

Next Big Thing

I completely agree. I don't think characters should exist in World Showcase other than a meet and greet, however would I turn down additional rides in World Showcase with characters as opposed to the 99% fact that a non-IP ride will never be built again in World Showcase? I think I would have to concede just to get new rides in Epcot. Let's not get started on Future World...
Well, even though WS hasn't seen any expansion of consequence since Norway opened (the expansion of Norway is the closest to an expansion we've gotten), WS is still fine right now. Future World needs help yesterday.

The Empress Lilly

Maybe it wasn't I didn't like it as much as it didn't live up to the Disney Marketing Machine's idealistic version of it.
At the risk of thread derail, I like Rat. It's fun. A very good rather than a fantastic ride. I do always feel it is too tame. For example, the fire is too lukewarm and comes out of the oven when you are already leaving, the cold is not cold enough, the movements are too gentle. The ride system is never really pushed to its limits. Only in the chase do you feel the true excitement of a free moving vehicle, but that is mostly in video corridors. Wish there would be a grand scene on the restaurant floor or something, three or six ratcars scurrying about the place looking for cover.

Also, I dislike how the restaurant is not integrated into the ride well. You look from the exit of the ride into the restaurant, for marketing purposes, rather than from the restaurant into the ride, which would be done for guest satisfaction purposes. The reverse of DL+DLP Pirates then, products of a more brilliant era.

Still, on the whole, the ride succeeds. There is definitely a feel of the grand gesture about it, including the entire area. That counts for something. The difference with the neighbouring Toy Story Land is shocking, despite only two years difference RAT represents the best and TSL the worst of the entire park. Luckily, WDW realised this too and so decided to forego on that TSL failure and

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

I'm wondering how they're going to incorporate the floating Mako shark that is everywhere. I like that it really honors the Norwegian seafaring tradition, but it seems a bit northerly for the shark's range and the fact it is floating in space and being used for building support and the like is rather surreal, but I'm sure the imagineers have something fantastic up their sleeves!

Not sure if this has been posted, but it was posted by @INTERCOT on twitter...the boats for the frozen ride heading to WDW.

CgMUwBBW4AEKbzJ.jpg

Love this outdoor bit. The cars, orange cones, the fact you're being pulled on a trailer to the sea, really a neat nod towards modern Norway and a cool way to slowly transition to Arendelle.

The Empress Lilly

I'm wondering how they're going to incorporate the floating Mako shark that is everywhere. I like that it really honors the Norwegian seafaring tradition, but it seems a bit northerly for the shark's range and the fact it is floating in space and being used for building support and the like is rather surreal, but I'm sure the imagineers have something fantastic up their sleeves!
Sounds exactly like something out of the more 'inspired' parts of DAK! Like, 'two young researchers were sitting on the roof of their boathouse, shooting arrows on the neighbouring snow, to which they added a flying shark to commemorate their expedition of March 16, 1998 to Bouvetøya...'

Love this outdoor bit. The cars, orange cones, the fact you're being pulled on a trailer to the sea, really a neat nod towards modern Norway and a cool way to slowly transition to Arendelle.
No George! Modern Norwegians no longer drive boats on land. No, they use their cars to sail their fjords. This is why since the beginning I've argued that Test Track should've been converted to Frozen, because it is such a great thematic fit. But no, like TWDC would ever listen to me, eh?
tr28.gif

a-subaru-passenger-car-turned-into-a-boat-floating-on-a-lake-norway-e6h0hd.jpg

Wikkler

At the risk of thread derail, I like Rat. It's fun. A very good rather than a fantastic ride. I do always feel it is too tame. For example, the fire is too lukewarm and comes out of the oven when you are already leaving, the cold is not cold enough, the movements are too gentle. The ride system is never really pushed to its limits. Only in the chase do you feel the true excitement of a free moving vehicle, but that is mostly in video corridors. Wish there would be a grand scene on the restaurant floor or something, three or six ratcars scurrying about the place looking for cover.

Also, I dislike how the restaurant is not integrated into the ride well. You look from the exit of the ride into the restaurant, for marketing purposes, rather than from the restaurant into the ride, which would be done for guest satisfaction purposes. The reverse of DL+DLP Pirates then, products of a more brilliant era.

Still, on the whole, the ride succeeds. There is definitely a feel of the grand gesture about it, including the entire area. That counts for something. The difference with the neighbouring Toy Story Land is shocking, despite only two years difference RAT represents the best and TSL the worst of the entire park. Luckily, WDW realised this too and so decided to forego on that TSL failure and
Are you aware of the best ride made by SeaWorld? No, I'm not talking about Manta. I'm definitely not talking about Antarctica, even though by quoting your post I seem to have implied that. It's at Busch Gardens (the Virginia one).

Sure, it's about the same quality of a below-average Universal ride, but that's a high for SeaWorld and so close to where I live that it's a close enough substitute for Spiderman.

matt9112

Since this ride will be part of world showcase, it won't be open at the rope drop? Just think of the angry parents and crying kids when told they have to wait two hours before the area opens.

With no Inside info at all I'm willing to wager that changes.....Norway is close enough they could open just that small section and hold off on beer sales for two hours or what not.

aladdin2007

With no Inside info at all I'm willing to wager that changes.....Norway is close enough they could open just that small section and hold off on beer sales for two hours or what not.

they already do really with the akershus breakfast, but they are going to have no choice I think but to change how this park operates to accommodate the masses of frozen crowds, at least when it comes to world showcase hours, if they have any brains... which we know how that goes....

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Sounds exactly like something out of the more 'inspired' parts of DAK! Like, 'two young researchers were sitting on the roof of their boathouse, shooting arrows on the neighbouring snow, to which they added a flying shark to commemorate their expedition of March 16, 1998 to Bouvetøya...'

No George! Modern Norwegians no longer drive boats on land. No, they use their cars to sail their fjords. This is why since the beginning I've argued that Test Track should've been converted to Frozen, because it is such a great thematic fit. But no, like TWDC would ever listen to me, eh?
tr28.gif

OMG! My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought. The Swedish chef presents the Boathouse where you ride your Ford on the fjord just like the Norwegians! A nod to this new restaurant could be included (maybe branded onto the skin of the Mako sharks). Synergy out the wazoo creating a cross property thematic masterpiece.

Mike S

they already do really with the akershus breakfast, but they are going to have no choice I think but to change how this park operates to accommodate the masses of frozen crowds, at least when it comes to world showcase hours, if they have any brains... which we know how that goes....
"We'd make a new land for Frozen, not a pavilion to impose in, if we only had some brains... Epcot's about the world we live in, not the characters we can shove in, if we only had some brains."

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

OMG! My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought. The Swedish chef presents the Boathouse where you ride your Ford on the fjord just like the Norwegians! A nod to this new restaurant could be included (maybe branded onto the skin of the Mako sharks). Synergy out the wazoo creating a cross property thematic masterpiece.
We'll instruct the writers to incorporate a backstory in Frozen 2 and then we're good to go!

Have to push aside the boys from marketing though, who just got their 156 page Frozen 2 instruction booklet approved by legal.

Goofyernmost

"We'd make a new land for Frozen, not a pavilion to impose in, if we only had some brains... Epcot's about the world we live in, not the characters we can shove in, if we only had some brains."
Just curious here because I don't remember Norway being much more then the ride. I know it had the restaurant, gift shop and the stuff outside which I think is remaining, there really isn't a lot to it. Throw in a couple of Trolls and you got it back.

Cesar R M

tr28.gif

well, they just have to bring these car-boats from Disney Springs.
Thats what I call synergy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom