Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wikkler

*rollecoater tycoon madman music sounds in the background*

Kinda reminds me those who do very devious tracks to make them kill everyone or send the dead people to the competitors.
This gem comes to mind.
upload_2016-4-16_23-1-10.png

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That was from a few days ago.

Yep it was several days ago I posted that, but Intercot wasn't the original source.

Conflicting reports. There were people posting the boats couldn't make a turn during the ride and the boats were taking in water.

Oh I have to hope the boats were just being delivered since there were not previous Viking boat sightings. I don't wish to believe that Disney Imagineering could possibly be that inept. No. Just No.

Mike S

That's spending more money than needed to basically create a new ride though when the R&D for one already exists.
A ride that uses expensive LPS technology. Believe me, we wouldn't get an exact clone otherwise we would've gotten Pooh's Hunny Hunt a long time ago. The R&D was already done for that, right?

Next Big Thing

A ride that uses expensive LPS technology. Believe me, we wouldn't get an exact clone otherwise we would've gotten Pooh's Hunny Hunt a long time ago. The R&D was already done for that, right?
The Pooh rides were built simultaneously at TDL/WDW and OLC paid for their ride. Pooh was similar to Frozen at WDW in that they were looking to put a ride in for the IP and they used an existing space. There's no existing space in France.

Mike S

The Pooh rides were built simultaneously at TDL/WDW and OLC paid for their ride. Pooh was similar to Frozen at WDW in that they were looking to put a ride in for the IP and they used an existing space. There's no existing space in France.
Another great reason we won't get it. If it's not Star Wars ($$$) or Avatar (I guess because of James Cameron) every future ride coming to WDW is being done on the cheap. What makes you think that'll change for Ratatouille? A movie that, and I'm sure I'm guessing correctly here, doesn't do big in merchandise? Unless someone here has been to Paris and can say how it sells over there. I'm just thinking like Disney here based on what I've seen. They're not going to do it. Trusssssst, in me.

Next Big Thing

Another great reason we won't get it. If it's not Star Wars ($$$) or Avatar (I guess because of James Cameron) every future ride coming to WDW is being done on the cheap. What makes you think that'll change for Ratatouille? A movie that, and I'm sure I'm guessing correctly here, doesn't do big in merchandise? Unless someone here has been to Paris and can say how it sells over there. I'm just thinking like Disney here based on what I've seen. They're not going to do it. Trusssssst, in me.
I never said they were going to do it. In fact i'd bet heavily against any Ratatouille attraction. But if they were going to do it, I highly doubt they would virtually create a new ride for an IP that isn't big and in many ways, forgotten, in the US.

Point being why spend $200M or so for expired fruit when you can spend the same or less for perfectly healthy fruit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom