Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yeah, there was a lot more to Norway when it first opened. The biggest loss was when they converted Akershus, abd very good Norwegian restaurant into a mass-feeding Princess stable. I would have been OK if they changed breakfast and lunch and kept dinner as a "real" restaurant, but no. To me, this was the real start of the descent of WS.
But Brian, there were soooooo many kids that were "bored" with the food. What else could the company do? Im sure there will come a day when they just start serving pieces of character foam heads as an entree and IP related side items, like cut up or mashed Frozen dvd boxes. Just put a little ketchup on it and watch the mickey head turn green when you pay! It will be so fun!

mimitchi33

"We'd make a new land for Frozen, not a pavilion to impose in, if we only had some brains... Epcot's about the world we live in, not the characters we can shove in, if we only had some brains."
Well, if you can't beat them, join them!
"Well, we'd be happy and free to fix Imagination as well, but we're only doing what will make us money. It's serious business, not a joke that's funny!"
Well personally I felt WS was immeasurably improved once we were all spared the unspeakable horror of Norwegian food... :D
In my opinion, most of what they sell at the Japanese snack stand at World Showcase is almost as bad. Who in the right mind buys dried up fish with their eyes still intact as a snack while at Disney? And I thought anko bean paste was already terrible... (I tried it once-it tasted like bugs and dirt, and I vomited right after eating it.)

The Empress Lilly

In my opinion, most of what they sell at the Japanese snack stand at World Showcase is almost as bad.
So funny that you should mention that/. Yes, my worst meal last trip was some sushi I rather optimistically bought at that roadside stand. What can I say? At heart, I'm a romantic, the overwhelming beauty of World Showcase invariably takes over my common sense.

Needless to say, the 'sushi' came in a covered plastic box, like I buy at my discount grocer, but then dry beyond belief and disgusting beyond description.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
This ride uses the same ride system as Spiderman and Transformers but horrible video quality, pour audio and a story that doesn't make much sense. Other than that it's great.

It was much better when the ride originally opened and they made you watch the pre-show... made a little more sense then... also, I thought the story made more sense before they changed the scene after the fireplace sequence...

does it use the same layout as well?

Completely different layout.

rnese

Exactly right.

A local amusement park announced a redevelopment of a current (very old, only two left in the world) ride- and announced it would be ready for opening day 2016. Guess what? With only a handful of months (mind you, winter months, battling elements) they are on point and on target and the ride is actually done and awaiting park opening. If a little amusement park can say "we are doing this, it'll be open on xx/xx/2016" why can't a park with 1000000x its income not be able to pick a date and stick to it?

December 2015 SHOULD HAVE BEEN a totally do-able date. Lack of planning on their part. It's a shame, really.

Nailed it. I'm really starting to rethink my trip later this year. I'm spending *so much money* on the Disney leg versus the Universal leg that I'm considering rearranging and spending extra time on property at Universal. I'm already planning on 4 days there- but it comes down to quality and cost. I'm definitely getting more bang for my buck at Universal. I'm starting to feel like I can't count on anything at Disney being open/operational/not under construction and do you have ANY IDEA how freaking frustrating it was to explain to my ...male friend that all of the "new" Star Wars stuff in the Disney commercials on the telly are NOT new nor attractions? He was gutted!

Ok, I'll bite.

If anyone with a nose were to ride Maelstrom prior to closing, they would have SMELLED mold. They would have FELT dampness. Even the load/unload had visible signs of mold.

Knowing that, they should have known the ride was positively littered with mold and various hazardous materials. Knowing THAT, they should have planned on a full gut-and-redo of the attraction from top to bottom instead of taking it on the cheap and thinking they can simply rip out decor and throw in new decor. Of course there's water damage. It's a flume ride. Where there's water and high temps, there is always the potential for mold.

Disney should have known better. I can't give them a pass for delaying the ride for so long due to unforeseen circumstances.

That said, I do still see your point, but I'm simply not willing to let them pass on this one.

Not to mention that it's their HOTTEST IP right now.... or, well, was.
AND...the Whale's mouth WILL be padded to boot!
You're right on the money! There's no way in the world it should take Disney as long as it does to build these attractions.

Seabasealpha1

Despite my love for Maelstrom and my immense disdain for the placement of this Frozen IP crappola...I will admit that the last time I rode Maelstrom I did notice that the ride seemed a little mildew-y. It did kinda have a little bit of stale funk to it...

Haymarket2008

Apparently they said at today's event that the runes featured at the Royal Summerhus will be carvings from Maelstrom as an homage. I had a feeling that's what they would do when I saw the concept art. Looked just like the ones featured in the Viking village scene. Pretty cool.

Seabasealpha1

Apparently they said at today's event that the runes featured at the Royal Summerhus will be carvings from Maelstrom as an homage. I had a feeling that's what they would do when I saw the concept art. Looked just like the ones featured in the Viking village scene. Pretty cool.

That's like murdering someone's Grandma and then mailing them a real nice picture of her months after the funeral...with a sorry note attached.

Last edited:

Soarin' Over Pgh

AND...the Whale's mouth WILL be padded to boot!
You're right on the money! There's no way in the world it should take Disney as long as it does to build these attractions.

Haha, I'm glad you caught the reference. And that I'm not the only local! :inlove::joyfull: I'm thinking the whale is new- I'm pretty sure I read somewhere when the old one was taken out, it went out with the trash.

Aside from the fact that they are the most heavily visited tourist destination in the world?

NO EXCUSE. Even more reason to have crews on this project run the clock but especially at night when the parks are closed. Sorry, I'm not giving them a pass on this one. They crapped the bed, now they gotta lay in it. :cautious::bored:

Matt_Black

NO EXCUSE. Even more reason to have crews on this project run the clock but especially at night when the parks are closed. Sorry, I'm not giving them a pass on this one. They crapped the bed, now they gotta lay in it. :cautious::bored:

Come now. You know as well as I that if they did do the level of construction that you wanted during the day, there would be a host of idiots contacting guest services about how their "magical" vacation was ruined by all the sounds and noise. It's a Catch-22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom