Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

The point was a mix of dark and light...it is only through darkness that we see the light and all Disney classic films had that... It was a journey with moments that were not all the same.... Not anything really really Dark... or really really terrifying... Just a mix of things to make it more interesting.
I can get behind that, but, I don't want to leave an attraction feeling down. All's well that ends well. However, even the Lil Mermaid had that combination. 7DMT even has the witch standing outside the cabin. The only one that I can think of that gets away with constant eeriness is Haunted Mansion. Maybe ToT as well, but, for that one the fact you survived is the happy ending. ;)

Bocabear

I can get behind that, but, I don't want to leave an attraction feeling down. All's well that ends well. However, even the Lil Mermaid had that combination. 7DMT even has the witch standing outside the cabin. The only one that I can think of that gets away with constant eeriness is Haunted Mansion. Maybe ToT as well, but, for that one the fact you survived is the happy ending. ;)
Even the odd endings to SNow White's Scary Adventures and Mr Toad's Wild Ride did not leave you feeling down or uneasy...it was just fun... and I guess back then everything did not have to be so literal... We did not need happy silly graveyards in front of the Haunted Mansion to make it palatable... It was just all part of the fun to get a little scared... It was nice to have a dynamic blend in the attractions rather than them all being one-note...

Goofyernmost

Even the odd endings to SNow White's Scary Adventures and Mr Toad's Wild Ride did not leave you feeling down or uneasy...it was just fun... and I guess back then everything did not have to be so literal... We did not need happy silly graveyards in front of the Haunted Mansion to make it palatable... It was just all part of the fun to get a little scared... It was nice to have a dynamic blend in the attractions rather than them all being one-note...
Oh, I know that getting scared is fun for some, however, it never was for me. I got my fill of that in Vietnam. To me it's like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer because it feels so good when you stop. Different strokes, I guess! :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I agree with you. I firmly believe that the thinking here is that they can buy another 10 years (maybe a little less) without doing much to Epcot. The attendance numbers will look fantastic all because of this ride. It will hide the fact that the rest of the park needs a great deal of attention (I am looking at you, UoE, Imagination, M:S,). With this relatively small investment of shoehorning Frozen into Epcot, they can coast, investment wise, for another 10 years.
Sad but true. But I don't think it'll take a decade.

There again it won't be next year either.

aladdin2007

Was there today, it does indeed now look like the waterfall hole is being filled in to be no more. Sad to see this great feature being done away with....anyway it looked like either all the rock work was being taken out all together, or possibly adding more to fill it in, couldn't tell which way, but I think the whole feature as we knew it will be gone, like alektronic said. Lots of noise was being made inside and out so they are working!!

RSoxNo1

This surfaced today. Looks pretty bad.
u8fgen.jpg

Donaldfan1934

I agree with you. I firmly believe that the thinking here is that they can buy another 10 years (maybe a little less) without doing much to Epcot. The attendance numbers will look fantastic all because of this ride. It will hide the fact that the rest of the park needs a great deal of attention (I am looking at you, UoE, Imagination, M:S,). With this relatively small investment of shoehorning Frozen into Epcot, they can coast, investment wise, for another 10 years.
Exactly. Epcot going another 10 years as is with all of the other parks getting major enhanements sounds so grim and dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom