Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar R M

I'm having some difficulty determining the authenticity of this one.

maelstrom_olaf_gogosqueez.jpg
9T4ernp.jpg

phi2134

Sad but true. But I don't think it'll take a decade.

There again it won't be next year either.
Have you heard of any actual plans on an Epcot refurb project besides just here say and maybes? Or is it just still old ideas floating around withering away in the basement?

glvsav37

Apologies if these have been linked already. Just in case they haven't...

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/708723843951685633

Not sure if this guy subscribes to these boards, but he posts lots of photo updates via twitter. Very cool.

not to side track, but wow....I don't follow Universal news, but it seems like there is a ton of work going on over there.
Whats up with the Hulk coaster? Why is it in pieces? and a Jimmy Fallon ride...really?

ok...back to Frozstrom

Bartattack

Donaldfan1934

Because it's getting completely rebuilt. Like what Disney was supposed to do with MK's Space Mountain.
And the saddest part is that Space Mountain's been open 41 years while the Hulk has been open only 17. If Universal can replace the track of a Six Flags quality coaster this fast, there's no reason WDW should have an far better maintainence standard for Space Mountain of all things.

JediMasterMatt

Not that I'm defending Disney, but it's a bit easier to rebuild an unthemed outdoor B&M.

Easier yes.

Which one was more necessary though?

One of them is currently being held together by an almost nightly visit from the weld fairy and is has been trimmed to the point where the forces and ride experience no longer resemble what was originally intended.

The other one of them is the Hulk.

Ease of completion wasn't the reason why Space Mountain's much needed rebuild didn't take place. The impact to the budget and the always trotted out impact to park operations are the real excuses. It's amazing what WDW can't "afford" to do anymore from both a fiscal (all time record profits) and operationally (can't take an E-ticket offline at the world's busiest theme park... which happens to have more operational capacity than anything else at WDW, so why is it attractions are closed and shuttered elsewhere around the resort?).

Wake me up when this mountain becomes E-ticket mountain worthy again.

Soon Frostrom will be too big to fail at Epcot. Can't afford to do maintenance as too many FP+ reservations would need to be cancelled.

Timekeeper

I'd love a SM rebuild, but, its age and warts are part of the nostalgia and charm for me. Too bad we can't have two tracks where one is new and improved, and the other will require that guests sign a waiver of liability before riding. :cautious:

Mike S

Not that I'm defending Disney, but it's a bit easier to rebuild an unthemed outdoor B&M.
If they can do it in Disneyland........
Easier yes.

One of them is currently being held together by an almost nightly visit from the weld fairy and is has been trimmed to the point where the forces and ride experience no longer resemble what was originally intended.

Ease of completion wasn't the reason why Space Mountain's much needed rebuild didn't take place. The impact to the budget and the always trotted out impact to park operations are the real excuses. It's amazing what WDW can't "afford" to do anymore from both a fiscal (all time record profits) and operationally (can't take an E-ticket offline at the world's busiest theme park... which happens to have more operational capacity than anything else at WDW, so why is it attractions are closed and shuttered elsewhere around the resort?).

Soon Frostrom will be too big to fail at Epcot. Can't afford to do maintenance as too many FP+ reservations would need to be cancelled.
It's that serious? One of these days it's going to fail catostrophically. We can only hope it's not when guests are on board.

Donaldfan1934

Easier yes.

Herein lies the problem to all of Walt Disney World. The pressure needs to be taken off of MK fast so it can get the help it needs opperate at its full potential. Hopefully the DHS redo begins to set things right not just for itself, but for the entire resort to have a more laid back and properly functioning atmosphere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom