Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirael

Since Disney is currently in love with tiers and fees, they could offer to loan you, for a price, a variety of earbuds just before entering the ride: the more expensive they are, the less "Let It Go" you'll hear :hilarious:

And now that I've done the obligatory dig at disney and frozen I have to say this ride is sounding better than I expected. Granted, expectations were as low as can be, but I'm happy it won't at least be a quick rerun of the movie, even if there's nothign exciting or fun with what they're planning either.

Wikkler

Since Disney is currently in love with tiers and fees, they could offer to loan you, for a price, a variety of earbuds just before entering the ride: the more expensive they are, the less "Let It Go" you'll hear :hilarious:
Don't you mean more "Let It Go"? It's obviously the best part of the ride.
And slather glow-in-the-dark paint on Marshmallow PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
marshmallowanimatronic.jpg

Donaldfan1934

Why do we have to know how Anna and Kristoff meet? Wasn't that covered by the 109-minute version of the ride the film? Oh wait, that's right, 6-year old children are too stupid to remember. :banghead:
The book report style, or at least semi-book report in this case, is a hallmark of Fantasyland style rides. Which is why most of us think that it should've been put there to begin with. Forget about the fact that the ride doesn't fit in Norway, view this as a loss for the Magic Kingdom. Sure, that park has way more things going for it than Epcot, but one of the biggest complaints about MK's Fantasyland is that it lacks the plethora of dark rides found at DL even after the FLE. To be honest, while I thought what was done with FLE was great, it was only half of the land making the other half feel unfinished. This would've made a great addition for a potential phase 2 of FLE, but the powers that be decided to make a good short term decision rather than a good long term one. I still think that the ride could be great, but WDW deserves better for both Epcot and MK.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Good grief, they're already shoulder to shoulder in MK. Why on earth would you want them to add more. at least in world showcase they can wrap the queue completely around the lagoon and not disrupt traffic flow at all.

Donaldfan1934

Good grief, they're already shoulder to shoulder in MK. Why on earth would you want them to add more. at least in world showcase they can wrap the queue completely around the lagoon and not disrupt traffic flow at all.
Like I said, it's a good short term decision for Epcot, but a bad long term decision on multiple levels. Yes, I would like to see the other park's including Epcot fleshed out first, but they can focus on the MK after they get the resort operating on a reasonably even level for all of the parks. That's why i think that they should move IASW ala TDL and expand there. Frozen would've been great there, but as I said, good short term decision, bad long term decision.

Cesar R M

I thought this ride took place after the movie, but they had to put Let It Go in there somehow, right? Sounds like it takes place 6 months to a year after the film. Her ice castle shouldn't still exist, should it? Her magic should have destroyed it when she unfroze the town, right?
The same way that Olaf is alive.
She could have kept a way to kept the castle (like Olaf) alive.

Sped2424

Why does Wandering Oaken's sound like the best part?

Great, the ride starts with Olaf. What does Sven have to do with anything? Dogs Reindeer can't set up premises.

Why do we have to know how Anna and Kristoff meet? Wasn't that covered by the 109-minute version of the ride the film? Oh wait, that's right, 6-year old children are too stupid to remember. :banghead:

I thought this ride took place after the movie, but they had to put Let It Go in there somehow, right? Sounds like it takes place 6 months to a year after the film. Her ice castle shouldn't still exist, should it? Her magic should have destroyed it when she unfroze the town, right?

Oh, good, the ice boogers join the ride. Why would Marshmallow say "Let it Go" when we just heard the song for 1/3 of the ride? Maybe because the toddlers would have forgotten it already. :banghead:
I can just imagine how the ending will go.

Kristoff doesn't get any lines because he's Kristoff.

This ride is going to be Little Mermaid 2.0. There appears to be no good reason for someone who isn't Frozen-addicted to ride it.
She undid the weather not her castle in Frozen fever it's still there

Wikkler

She undid the weather not her castle in Frozen fever it's still there
The same way that Olaf is alive.
She could have kept a way to kept the castle (like Olaf) alive.
That would make her so tired (can you imagine what it's like to be a living AC unit?). I spend my life discussing plot holes in Disney films on a forum about Walt Disney World.
The book report style, or at least semi-book report in this case, is a hallmark of Fantasyland style rides. Which is why most of us think that it should've been put there to begin with. Forget about the fact that the ride doesn't fit in Norway, view this as a loss for the Magic Kingdom. Sure, that park has way more things going for it than Epcot, but one of the biggest complaints about MK's Fantasyland is that it lacks the plethora of dark rides found at DL even after the FLE. To be honest, while I thought what was done with FLE was great, it was only half of the land making the other half feel unfinished. This would've made a great addition for a potential phase 2 of FLE, but the powers that be decided to make a good short term decision rather than a good long term one. I still think that the ride could be great, but WDW deserves better for both Epcot and MK.
  1. Alice in Wonderland - Book Report
  2. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Instead of a Book Report, It's Mr Toad taking a joyride and going to Hell
  3. Peter Pan's Flight - Book Report
  4. Pinocchio's Daring Journey - Book Report
  5. Snow White's Scary Adventures - Book Report
I see your point. I forgot how many of them were classics and I did not think about them while making that comment. I actually feel differently based on parts of the truth I didn't remember. Frozen does belong in the Magic Kingdom, but I think it would actually be better if they showed Anna and Kristoff meeting to at least add to the ride time and full-up made it a book report ride instead of that. Sounds like Elsa's fame went to her head and now sings "Let it Go" to herself non-stop like she's in a movie or something.

Let it Go had a specific place in the story, where Elsa thinks about it and gains self-esteem or comes out or something. There seem to me to be so many instances of slight disrespect to the audience that I'm a bit frustrated.

Bocabear

Actually the original WDW Snow White's Scary Adventures was not a book report... there was no "loves first kiss", and it ended with the riders being killed by an enormous jewel the Hag drops on you at the end.... It was Dark.... And in a Fantasyland with just a few dark rides including Mr Toad where you die and go to hell, Fantasyland had a different feel... Scary at times but always fun... Now it seems to be about the most saccherine moments possible... Only happy sparkly moments... Frozen didnt even really have a villain per se... Not in the classic Disney Villain style. And I think that is why the Voyage Of The Little Mermaid ride seems so bland... there are no thrills or scares... just happy happy joy joy...and then it's over...not much of a Voyage...

Goofyernmost

Actually the original WDW Snow White's Scary Adventures was not a book report... there was no "loves first kiss", and it ended with the riders being killed by an enormous jewel the Hag drops on you at the end.... It was Dark.... And in a Fantasyland with just a few dark rides including Mr Toad where you die and go to hell, Fantasyland had a different feel... Scary at times but always fun... Now it seems to be about the most saccherine moments possible... Only happy sparkly moments... Frozen didnt even really have a villain per se... Not in the classic Disney Villain style. And I think that is why the Voyage Of The Little Mermaid ride seems so bland... there are no thrills or scares... just happy happy joy joy...and then it's over...not much of a Voyage...
The only thing that I can say about it, is that the world right now seems to be in a very dark place. Why would I want to be entertained by more of the same. Personally, I go there to uplift my spirit not sink deeper in that dark hole of depression and sadness and fear. Although most of Walt's movies contained dark segments almost all had a good outcome (not all... almost all). However the happy part was usually incorporated. The 6 O'clock news is depressing enough... I like a place that makes me feel good if only for a few minutes within a world of fantasy. If I want "dark" I'll turn on the TV and save bunches of money.

montyz81

Like I said, it's a good short term decision for Epcot, but a bad long term decision on multiple levels. Yes, I would like to see the other park's including Epcot fleshed out first, but they can focus on the MK after they get the resort operating on a reasonably even level for all of the parks. That's why i think that they should move IASW ala TDL and expand there. Frozen would've been great there, but as I said, good short term decision, bad long term decision.
I agree with you. I firmly believe that the thinking here is that they can buy another 10 years (maybe a little less) without doing much to Epcot. The attendance numbers will look fantastic all because of this ride. It will hide the fact that the rest of the park needs a great deal of attention (I am looking at you, UoE, Imagination, M:S,). With this relatively small investment of shoehorning Frozen into Epcot, they can coast, investment wise, for another 10 years.

Last edited:

Bocabear

The only thing that I can say about it, is that the world right now seems to be in a very dark place. Why would I want to be entertained by more of the same. Personally, I go there to uplift my spirit not sink deeper in that dark hole of depression and sadness and fear. Although most of Walt's movies contained dark segments almost all had a good outcome (not all... almost all). However the happy part was usually incorporated. The 6 O'clock news is depressing enough... I like a place that makes me feel good if only for a few minutes within a world of fantasy. If I want "dark" I'll turn on the TV and save bunches of money.
The point was a mix of dark and light...it is only through darkness that we see the light and all Disney classic films had that... It was a journey with moments that were not all the same.... Not anything really really Dark... or really really terrifying... Just a mix of things to make it more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom