Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

Got a good view from your high horse?
Yup, as a matter of fact I do. The types of reactions that happen here over something that are 99% made up in peoples heads, but communicated as fact, is quite entertaining. Then try to introduce something more realistic into the conversation and wait for the pummeling to begin. Just amazing sometimes. However, as you are implying, I'm a (pick a common put down, bullying, cute knick-name) that is blinded by the light. I'll live with it.

Mike S

Yup, as a matter of fact I do. The types of reactions that happen here over something that are 99% made up in peoples heads, but communicated as fact, is quite entertaining. Then try to introduce something more realistic into the conversation and wait for the pummeling to begin. Just amazing sometimes. However, as you are implying, I'm a (pick a common put down, bullying, cute knick-name) that is blinded by the light. I'll live with it.
People were speculating what would happen to the hole based on the photo updates because we didn't know. Now we do. Welcome to a discussion forum.

Goofyernmost

People were speculating what would happen to the hole based on the photo updates because we didn't know. Now we do. Welcome to a discussion forum.
Condescending much? All you had to do is make your case, which you did in the first two sentences. However instead of stopping there, you had to jump up on your high horse and insult my intelligence. I guess we are even now.

RSoxNo1

Would you look at that. @Disneyhead'71
anigif_enhanced-8713-1411401983-1.gif

Description of how the poster got the photo
"I was on google, looking for updates to the ride. Found this picture on pintrest with not much context. So I thought I'd post it on here so you could all discuss it while I did my own research." Seems like they got it from the same place I found it.
She's signaling the lefty.

RSoxNo1

It's been the plan from the beginning and to answer some other questions, Elsa replaces the 3-Headed Troll and Marshmallow replaces the Rock Troll.
Kathy Mangum basically told the entire story of the ride. This is what I have for the story on my site:
The queue will take guests past Wandering Oaken's Trading Post. The trader will occasionally clear steam from the windows and shout, "yoo-hoo!" at guests walking by.

The progression of the attraction will be as follows: Guests will board their "logs" and will first be greeted by Olaf and Sven who will set up the premise of the Winter Festival. The next stop will be at Troll Valley and Grandpappy Troll tells the troll children how Anna and Kristoff met. The log will go up a ramp where they will be greeted by Olaf who is singing and ice skating along with Anna, Kristoff, and Sven.

Behind a set of doors, Elsa awaits on a balcony singing Let It Go in her Ice Castle. This appears to be at the track switch area that previous held the three headed trolls. It will feature special effects to simulate snow crystals flying around the room.

The boat will then travel backwards passed Marshmallow, the giant snowman as well as the Snowgies from the "Frozen Fever" short. Marshmallow will yell "Let It Go" and the boat will descend down a hill forwards through a mist cloud into the final scene. The final scene will include fireworks and a wave from Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Sven and Kristoff.

Smiddimizer

Condescending much? All you had to do is make your case, which you did in the first two sentences. However instead of stopping there, you had to jump up on your high horse and insult my intelligence. I guess we are even now.

All you had to do was admit you overreacted. However instead of stopping there, you played the victim.

Also kind of rich that your intelligence is insulted after just insulting everyone else's.

Miss Heinous

True story... even in (moderately) recent history, Tower of Terror site prep began in early 1992 and the ride opened in mid 1994... a little over two years from site preparation to opening and that even includes the bump in the road they ran into during construction when they discovered the sink hole. Additionally, that doesn't even consider the fact that that construction project also included all of the rest of Sunset Boulevard. By comparison, the Soarin' expansion is already pushing 15 months and Frozen is nearly at 17 months (both tiny, TINY projects both in terms of themeing and complexity when compared to the Tower of Terror/Sunset Boulevard project) with both attractions still having at least a couple months to go before opening.
If Sunset Boulevard was being built this decade it would have started in 2009 and would be opening in 2018.

ToTBellHop

Kathy Mangum basically told the entire story of the ride. This is what I have for the story on my site:
The queue will take guests past Wandering Oaken's Trading Post. The trader will occasionally clear steam from the windows and shout, "yoo-hoo!" at guests walking by.

The progression of the attraction will be as follows: Guests will board their "logs" and will first be greeted by Olaf and Sven who will set up the premise of the Winter Festival. The next stop will be at Troll Valley and Grandpappy Troll tells the troll children how Anna and Kristoff met. The log will go up a ramp where they will be greeted by Olaf who is singing and ice skating along with Anna, Kristoff, and Sven.

Behind a set of doors, Elsa awaits on a balcony singing Let It Go in her Ice Castle. This appears to be at the track switch area that previous held the three headed trolls. It will feature special effects to simulate snow crystals flying around the room.

The boat will then travel backwards passed Marshmallow, the giant snowman as well as the Snowgies from the "Frozen Fever" short. Marshmallow will yell "Let It Go" and the boat will descend down a hill forwards through a mist cloud into the final scene. The final scene will include fireworks and a wave from Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Sven and Kristoff.
Sounds fine. For Fantasyland.

Cesar R M

that finale sounds a lot like the one from the little mermaid at MK.

Cesar R M

I thought it was the lauch equipment building. Every ride is now 30 seconds and the riders are ejected from their seats at unload to boost riders per hour to over 5,000 /s =)
And you will fall straight into the store's giant olaff filled with special perfume. Perfume That will make you throw your wallet at the CMS that will also empty your credit cards.

Wikkler

Why does Wandering Oaken's sound like the best part?
The progression of the attraction will be as follows: Guests will board their "logs" and will first be greeted by Olaf and Sven who will set up the premise of the Winter Festival.
Great, the ride starts with Olaf. What does Sven have to do with anything? Dogs Reindeer can't set up premises.
The next stop will be at Troll Valley and Grandpappy Troll tells the troll children how Anna and Kristoff met. The log will go up a ramp where they will be greeted by Olaf who is singing and ice skating along with Anna, Kristoff, and Sven.
Why do we have to know how Anna and Kristoff meet? Wasn't that covered by the 109-minute version of the ride the film? Oh wait, that's right, 6-year old children are too stupid to remember. :banghead:
I thought this ride took place after the movie, but they had to put Let It Go in there somehow, right? Sounds like it takes place 6 months to a year after the film. Her ice castle shouldn't still exist, should it? Her magic should have destroyed it when she unfroze the town, right?
The boat will then travel backwards past (FTFY) Marshmallow, the giant snowman as well as the Snowgies from the "Frozen Fever" short. Marshmallow will yell "Let It Go" and the boat will descend down a hill forwards through a mist cloud into the final scene. The final scene will include fireworks and a wave from Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Sven and Kristoff.
Oh, good, the ice boogers join the ride. Why would Marshmallow say "Let it Go" when we just heard the song for 1/3 of the ride? Maybe because the toddlers would have forgotten it already. :banghead:
I can just imagine how the ending will go.
Anna: Thank you for helping us with the Winter Festival!
Olaf: Come back soon!
Elsa: And always remember to Let It Go!
Kristoff doesn't get any lines because he's Kristoff.

This ride is going to be Little Mermaid 2.0. There appears to be no good reason for someone who isn't Frozen-addicted to ride it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Why does Wandering Oaken's sound like the best part?

Great, the ride starts with Olaf. What does Sven have to do with anything? Dogs Reindeer can't set up premises.

Why do we have to know how Anna and Kristoff meet? Wasn't that covered by the 109-minute version of the ride the film? Oh wait, that's right, 6-year old children are too stupid to remember. :banghead:

I thought this ride took place after the movie, but they had to put Let It Go in there somehow, right? Sounds like it takes place 6 months to a year after the film. Her ice castle shouldn't still exist, should it? Her magic should have destroyed it when she unfroze the town, right?

Oh, good, the ice boogers join the ride. Why would Marshmallow say "Let it Go" when we just heard the song for 1/3 of the ride? Maybe because the toddlers would have forgotten it already. :banghead:
I can just imagine how the ending will go.

Kristoff doesn't get any lines because he's Kristoff.

This ride is going to be Little Mermaid 2.0. There appears to be no good reason for someone who isn't Frozen-addicted to ride it.

Hmmm. You seem upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom