Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

This saddens me. I just feel that the Maelsteom opening is so iconic.

Martin, are you able to confirm if the scene with Elsa on the ice balcony in the first piece of concept art that was released is from the area where the boat would encounter the opening in Maelstrom? I remember that being the rumor, but I don't know if I've heard anything concrete on where the different scenes will be in relation to the Maelstrom scene layout.
I believe that is actually going to be at the FIRST turnaround, not the 2nd.

"Excuse me, are your pics fake?"

A foolish mortal

The current Norway buildings do not light up to keep the symmetry with Morocco, so I would assume the new one won't either.
Too bad... :( I'd really like to see the pavilion light up! Especially because it's gonna be double the size now. Feel like the symmetry excuse is no longer valid when the new buildings opens :p

Monorail_Red_77

Here are some photo updates from the right hand side of Norway with backstage entrance between China and Norway. Taken 3/12. Looks like some minor construction going on, on the back of the ride building. Not sure how long this has been here. Might just be for storage? You can see the unfinished cement block wall in the center of the photo.

IMG_8746.JPG

IMG_8747.JPG

JoeCamel

Here are some photo updates from the right hand side of Norway with backstage entrance between China and Norway. Taken 3/12. Looks like some minor construction going on, on the back of the ride building. Not sure how long this has been here. Might just be for storage? You can see the unfinished cement block wall in the center of the photo.

View attachment 134116

View attachment 134115

So those people in the first photo are in line? So it begins.........

tissandtully

Re: the leaked (fake) picture and the subsequent discussion of the quality of the Frostrom attraction - be careful what you wish for.

There is every indication that the quality of what is inside the attraction as being very good. AA's, projection mapping, colorful sets... it's all going to be a part of it. The result is likely going to be too good actually for the very limited scope (short duration and ambition) and capacity woes the attraction will have. When you combine that quality with built in high demand for the IP and the hunger for anything new at WDW, you have every right to sit back and grab the popcorn to watch the train wreck waiting to happen.

In many ways, having an attraction where the end result would've looked like the ghost train leaked photo would've been better than what is sure to be a high quality experience... that is way too lacking capacity... that is way too limited in scope... that is in the wrong place in the park... that is in entirely the wrong park to begin with.

We will soon be in a World where entire vacations are planned around when guests will attempt to conquer this attraction. No amount of virtual queuing/crowd steering will be able to keep supply on the winning side over the demand this thing will have.

I feel like this will see the crowds ala Day 1 of WWOHP Hogsmeade at Universal. That day was just nuts.

A foolish mortal

View attachment 134116

View attachment 134115

Theres was a big hole (that they made at the beginning of the construction) in the wall I'm sure they are just covering up! ;)

Monorail_Red_77

Theres was a big hole (that they made at the beginning of the construction) in the wall I'm sure they are just covering up! ;)
To me, it looks like the wall is extend out past the main building. Like a short addition to the building. You can see that it either will not go all the way to the top of the ride building or it is not finished and will extend upwards.

A foolish mortal

To me, it looks like the wall is extend out past the main building. Like a short addition to the building. You can see that it either will not go all the way to the top of the ride building or it is not finished and will extend upwards.
The wall is definitely extending past the main building as you can tell.. why? I dont know. But it was a hole there. Workers used to use that as an entrance to the ride while they were working. Could it now be used as extra space for a scene before the lift?

Monorail_Red_77

This looks more like an addition or extension of the building as opposed to a patch to the wall. With the angle of the building in relation to this view point. If they made a hole in the back wall you would not see it from this view.

IMG_8747.JPG

nw1.jpg

Monorail_Red_77

The wall is definitely extending past the main building as you can tell.. why? I dont know. But it was a hole there. Workers used to use that as an entrance to the ride while they were working. Could it now be used as extra space for a scene before the lift?

I see what you are saying. We can only hope. ;)

Alektronic

Not sure how you know that from a still picture. Do you work there? Also it had been reported earlier that the opening was bigger then before. Might they have made it bigger to adjust something but are now closing it back up to a smaller size, or closing it up completely?

It's been the plan from the beginning and to answer some other questions, Elsa replaces the 3-Headed Troll and Marshmallow replaces the Rock Troll.

Goofyernmost

It's been the plan from the beginning and to answer some other questions, Elsa replaces the 3-Headed Troll and Marshmallow replaces the Rock Troll.
So, once again all the speculation has come from the over-stimulated Disney addicts and never was going to remain. How interesting. Months of discussion about nothing at all. Pretty normal for this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom