Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeechuk

Glad it was fake. For one thing, I would assume that the work lights would be on during construction. It probably wouldn't be dark. And would there really be water already filling the boat canal path? One would think it might still be dry at this point. I don't know.

Daveeeeed

If it is, the facade recreation pretty much confirms the beliefs of most people here that this would've been a much better fit for Fantasyland.
Thankfully it is not. I am excited for this and Soarin. Two new rides in in one Season? Awesome for me! Although some might say Soarin' Over California is not a different ride than Soarin' around the world what about Baxk to the future the ride to Simpsons? Same for Frozen and Maelstrom. Super excited for both, I am.

Donaldfan1934

Thankfully it is not. I am excited for this and Soarin. Two new rides in in one Season? Awesome for me! Although some might say Soarin' Over California is not a different ride than Soarin' around the world what about Baxk to the future the ride to Simpsons? Same for Frozen and Maelstrom. Super excited for both, I am.
Let's make things clear. Just because I know that the photo is fake doesn't mean that I don't think its a bad fit and would work better in Fantasyland. I am looking foward to the ride though and hope that it is great nonetheless.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

I'd be inclined to believe Tronic.

This saddens me. I just feel that the Maelsteom opening is so iconic.

Martin, are you able to confirm if the scene with Elsa on the ice balcony in the first piece of concept art that was released is from the area where the boat would encounter the opening in Maelstrom? I remember that being the rumor, but I don't know if I've heard anything concrete on where the different scenes will be in relation to the Maelstrom scene layout.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This saddens me. I just feel that the Maelsteom opening is so iconic.

Martin, are you able to confirm if the scene with Elsa on the ice balcony in the first piece of concept art that was released is from the area where the boat would encounter the opening in Maelstrom? I remember that being the rumor, but I don't know if I've heard anything concrete on where the different scenes will be in relation to the Maelstrom scene layout.
I can't say if I can say for sure (!) until I'm home. I do know there should be a large show set piece where the 3 headed troll used to be.

The other thought is the opening would have been behind the boat. If it is closed I can only assume it would be for light control.

Goofyernmost

I'd be inclined to believe Tronic.
So, it's to close it up completely? That's what I was asking. If so, I was having a hard time figuring out how they were going to incorporate that into the Frozen ride. It fits ok with the Trolls, but, if the, partial, intent is to keep it cooler in there for the Frozen effect, having a large hole in the wall, would be a little counter productive to that thought. Oh, well, I see where it was an iconic part of the old ride, but, my imagination, limited as it is, cannot really envision how it would be useful in this one.

The hole in the wall never excited me anyway!

A foolish mortal

In name only.
In spirit. In people. In architecture. In language. In culture. In national costumes. That's not " in name only". It will still be Norway. Norway with a few additions and changes, but still Norway Pavilion.

I think people denying that are ignorant. The ride is not the most important thing about the pavilion... Its everything together that makes the experience. Talk to Cast Members at the pavilion and they are from Norway, NOT Arendelle.. There is a difference here! A BIG difference!

Last edited:

A foolish mortal

Does anyone know if the new Norway buildings will have lights that will light up with IllumiNations like the rest of the pavilions (except Morocco)? I wanna see Norway light up with the show too :)

Morocco - religion. Norway - timing. GE sponsored IllumiNations, and part of Laserphonics overhaul for the January `88 premiere of Ill` was the fitting of lighting and special visual effects to each pavilion. Morocco was still a no-no, and Norway was still under conctruction. The show was never programmed to accept a late comer to the party, and so the appropiate lighting was never added.

Someone tell Siemens!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
In spirit. In people. In architecture. In language. In culture. In national costumes. That's not " in name only". It will still be Norway. Norway with a few additions and changes, but still Norway Pavilion.

I think people denying that are ignorant. The ride is not the most important thing about the pavilion... Its everything together that makes the experience. Talk to Cast Members at the pavilion and they are from Norway, NOT Arendelle.. There is a difference here! A BIG difference!

If you say so.

JediMasterMatt

Re: the leaked (fake) picture and the subsequent discussion of the quality of the Frostrom attraction - be careful what you wish for.

There is every indication that the quality of what is inside the attraction as being very good. AA's, projection mapping, colorful sets... it's all going to be a part of it. The result is likely going to be too good actually for the very limited scope (short duration and ambition) and capacity woes the attraction will have. When you combine that quality with built in high demand for the IP and the hunger for anything new at WDW, you have every right to sit back and grab the popcorn to watch the train wreck waiting to happen.

In many ways, having an attraction where the end result would've looked like the ghost train leaked photo would've been better than what is sure to be a high quality experience... that is way too lacking capacity... that is way too limited in scope... that is in the wrong place in the park... that is in entirely the wrong park to begin with.

We will soon be in a World where entire vacations are planned around when guests will attempt to conquer this attraction. No amount of virtual queuing/crowd steering will be able to keep supply on the winning side over the demand this thing will have.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Does anyone know if the new Norway buildings will have lights that will light up with IllumiNations like the rest of the pavilions (except Morocco)? I wanna see Norway light up with the show too :)

The current Norway buildings do not light up to keep the symmetry with Morocco, so I would assume the new one won't either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom