Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_Black

All the voice actors are very in love with being in frozen so I dont think any of them are going to skip out on voicing the attraction characters. Plus none of them have their plates too full.

The fullest plate might possibly be Josh Gad, who's live-action film career took off like a rocket. Comparatively speaking, anyway.

HouseHacker97

yeah lol why is it even a question? disney wouldn't advertise characters in the ride without already signing a contract or something with them to make sure they have their voices in it

Brer Panther

At the risk of changing the subject, how many attractions have Jim, Jeff and Jennifer lent their voices to? I know that's obviously Jim as Pooh on the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (and Tigger in the Disneyland version) and he's also the announcer at Illuminations and Baby Herman on Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin but aside from that?

I know the assumption is that the track is going to remain mostly the same (besides the minor addition) but what are the ride vehicles expected to be? Is it possible that this is no longer a boat/flume ride but an omnimover with sleighs or something else themed more closely to Frozen? This would possibly increase capacity as well.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I know the assumption is that the track is going to remain mostly the same (besides the minor addition) but what are the ride vehicles expected to be? Is it possible that this is no longer a boat/flume ride but an omnimover with sleighs or something else themed more closely to Frozen? This would possibly increase capacity as well.

I will still be a water ride and the concept art shows pretty much the same boat.

Frozen-Ever-After_Full_24368.jpg

I will still be a water ride and the concept art shows pretty much the same boat.

Frozen-Ever-After_Full_24368.jpg
Thanks for the photo, I recall seeing that now. I just wondered if the type of ride is something they would look at changing during the construction stage since one of the major concerns stated on here will be capacity. I know the argument against it will be costs but is there any precedent for this type of change during a refurb?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks for the photo, I recall seeing that now. I just wondered if the type of ride is something they would look at changing during the construction stage since one of the major concerns stated on here will be capacity. I know the argument against it will be costs but is there any precedent for this type of change during a refurb?
Not really. Like for like Imagination went down in capacity when they reduced the amount of vehicles in 1999.

This will be the same ride system with boats with 4 rows each. One boat can load whilst one unloads behind it.

startraveler

Does anyone know if the boats will accommodate people who cannot "step down" into a boat easily or if they will allow for one boat with an easy transfer from a wheelchair?

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Does anyone know if the boats will accommodate people who cannot "step down" into a boat easily or if they will allow for one boat with an easy transfer from a wheelchair?

I think they are pretty much required to provide access.

If my memory serves me, one of the boats on the Three Caballeros ride has a flat section on the back that allows for wheelchair access. I assume that it would be similar for FOE.

ABQ

I think they are pretty much required to provide access.

If my memory serves me, one of the boats on the Three Caballeros ride has a flat section on the back that allows for wheelchair access. I assume that it would be similar for FOE.
Considering the lift and descent in the Maelstrom flume, I expect it will require a transfer from a wheelchair unlike El Rio Del Tiempo. But I'm sure transfers and such will be very well accommodated.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Considering the lift and descent in the Maelstrom flume, I expect it will require a transfer from a wheelchair unlike El Rio Del Tiempo. But I'm sure transfers and such will be very well accommodated.

Yeah, I forgot about the whole lift/drop thing (duh). I guess it will have to be a system more like Pirates of the Caribbean uses.

Matt_Black

At the risk of changing the subject, how many attractions have Jim, Jeff and Jennifer lent their voices to? I know that's obviously Jim as Pooh on the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (and Tigger in the Disneyland version) and he's also the announcer at Illuminations and Baby Herman on Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin but aside from that?

Jim does Pete at the entrance to Pete's Silly Sideshow, as well as Ed the Hyena and Scar when called for.. Jeff is Lumiere at Enchanted Tales with Belle. Jen does Cinderella and Aurora for shows where those characters are called for.

startraveler

that's my hope. The old boats were not not so easy to transfer into. You are right I'm sure you would not be able to remain in a wheelchair. I'd like to see those new animatronics though.

I know latest info were that they are late in the construction of this ride. Do we really have to forget a may opening of this ride ? Saw may 1st, may 16 ... The construction of the meet n greet seems to be going at a faster pace the last couple of weeks ... Maybe they did the same with the ride ? We are going may 14 to 24 and this ride and River of lights would be great since soarin and btmrr are officially closed during our stay ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom