Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate F

I'm really not expecting much from this at all, and am quite shocked it is taking so long, but on the bright side, the area should look nice and I'm sure that kids will love it. That's about as far as my optimism goes for this though. As of right now, I expect the ride to be a slightly better version of Mermaid with better animatronics and effects. And I don't think too highly of Mermaid.

ToTBellHop

The timescLe certainly is embarrassing but who cares? Seemingly none of us are excited about this coming so does it matter if it opens in May or November? Personally, I'm more interested in DAK's additions this year, which are coming long before Frozstrom.

ToTBellHop

Or never will....
It's a bit much to suggest there is any ride at WDW that you will NEVER experience. I think I'm a reasonable person and although I'm not the least bit excited for this ride, I'll still ride it because that's what you do on a Walt Disney World vacation. You go on rides, especially new ones, to form your own opinions. I suspect it will become a ride that is "ok" but not something I need to experience every WDW vacation. Kinda like Maelstrom. Except Maelstrom at least belonged where it was. I'm a bit beyond focusing on ride placement at Epcot anymore though. It's such a hodgepodge that I just hope for compelling new attractions. I have high hopes that it will at least have a few nice animatronics.

TyTrap

LOL at you geniuses who haven't even ridden the ride yet.
all it is is a money grab like I said. There was no rational behind the decision to replace maelstrom with frozen other than a monitary one and rightfully so because after all Disney world ain't there for free. my bitterness isn't towards the ride itself, my bitterness is towards Disney ruining the integrity of world showcase. How can anyone tell me that frozen is a better representation of Norway than the maelstrom?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's a bit much to suggest there is any ride at WDW that you will NEVER experience. I think I'm a reasonable person and although I'm not the least bit excited for this ride, I'll still ride it because that's what you do on a Walt Disney World vacation. You go on rides, especially new ones, to form your own opinions. I suspect it will become a ride that is "ok" but not something I need to experience every WDW vacation. Kinda like Maelstrom. Except Maelstrom at least belonged where it was. I'm a bit beyond focusing on ride placement at Epcot anymore though. It's such a hodgepodge that I just hope for compelling new attractions. I have high hopes that it will at least have a few nice animatronics.
No, it isn't. You wish to ride it, by all means enjoy....

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Oh I'll ride it for sure, I think every new offering deserves a chance, but this particular one has me sour because of the politics that actually won to get this approved for where it is located.

HauntedMansion513

Oh I'll ride it for sure, I think every new offering deserves a chance, but this particular one has me sour because of the politics that actually won to get this approved for where it is located.

That's what I've been getting at. I completely understand not liking the plan/the placement of the ride. And I definitely think Frozen called for a much more fleshed out right, preferably in Fantasyland, however, I think it deserves at least one ride through before giving it a final verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom