Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clowd Nyne

So... What do you think the odds are I ride this thing on May 5? Soft opening maybe? Or will I be choking on pixi dust?

lazyboy97o

That's what I've been getting at. I completely understand not liking the plan/the placement of the ride. And I definitely think Frozen called for a much more fleshed out right, preferably in Fantasyland, however, I think it deserves at least one ride through before giving it a final verdict.
Experience that are part of something larger should not be judged in isolation.

TyTrap

Experience that are part of something larger should not be judged in isolation.
I couldn't agree more. I can't wait to see what the Epcot map (specifically the world showcase portion of it) is going to look like when this opens. That area which I refuse to call Norway pavilion will stick out like a sore thumb.

Goofyernmost

ultimately this is a quick money grab for disney. they know that frozen fans will ride any thrown together piece of garbage that they come up with because it's frozen themed. to me this isn't the norway pavilion anymore because 95% of it is frozen.
Someone needs to explain to me how "quick money grab" and 2 year construction are compatible statements! Wouldn't a quick money grab involve throwing something together in a few months to take advantage of the current popularity. There definitely needs to be some sort of decision made here. It's either quick or takes forever.

Kate F

Someone needs to explain to me how "quick money grab" and 2 year construction are compatible statements! Wouldn't a quick money grab involve throwing something together in a few months to take advantage of the current popularity. There definitely needs to be some sort of decision made here. It's either quick or takes forever.
The project is only taking 2 years because Disney moves at the pace of a snail. This ride is not going to be anything special and I honestly wish they were not spending so much of their time on this ride in the first place, because there is SO much else I would rather see them doing. It's not going to be a bad ride, and I don't necessarily think it will be "rushed" either, but the decision for its placement was short-sighted and we know they can do so much better than what they are supposedly doing with this ride.

NearTheEars

Apparently in the minority here that will withhold judgment until the ride is completed.
Not that it really matters. Even if this turned out to be a top notch redo, it will be panned here.
However, Frozen deserved much more. And I'll miss Maelstrom dearly.

Certainly understand some of the cynicism, but this must be the slowest "quick money grab" in history.

Goofyernmost

The project is only taking 2 years because Disney moves at the pace of a snail. This ride is not going to be anything special and I honestly wish they were not spending so much of their time on this ride in the first place, because there is SO much else I would rather see them doing. It's not going to be a bad ride, and I don't necessarily think it will be "rushed" either, but the decision for its placement was short-sighted and we know they can do so much better than what they are supposedly doing with this ride.
I am on the fence about whether or not it was or is short-sighted. We base that on our understanding or belief of what Epcot's mission is. That is based on what it was when it opened. EPCOT Ctr. died the day they changed the name to Epcot. The mission, at least in their minds, changed on that day as well. From many people that I have talked to, the original EPCOT was never really identified, in their minds, as a Disney Park. It is now and will continue even if it means that they are infusing movies and cartoons into WS. Like I said before, it is what it is. It is in response to public demand. Not the public that frequents these forums, but, the one that makes up 80% of the Guests that are at WDW at any given time.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Apparently in the minority here that will withhold judgment until the ride is completed.
Not that it really matters. Even if this turned out to be a top notch redo, it will be panned here.
However, Frozen deserved much more. And I'll miss Maelstrom dearly.

Certainly understand some of the cynicism, but this must be the slowest "quick money grab" in history.

PizzaPlanet

all it is is a money grab like I said. There was no rational behind the decision to replace maelstrom with frozen other than a monitary one and rightfully so because after all Disney world ain't there for free. my bitterness isn't towards the ride itself, my bitterness is towards Disney ruining the integrity of world showcase. How can anyone tell me that frozen is a better representation of Norway than the maelstrom?
I agree. They just needed to put a frozen attraction somewhere, and this seemed like the most logical place. In retrospect they shouldn't have turned snow white into a meet and greet, and frozen could have gone in there.

Goofyernmost

I agree. They just needed to put a frozen attraction somewhere, and this seemed like the most logical place. In retrospect they shouldn't have turned snow white into a meet and greet, and frozen could have gone in there.
One thing that they don't need is more people going to MK. It's mega crowded as it is. That would make Fantasyland a complete mess. They need more people to have a reason to go to the parks other then MK and that is probably part of the reason why it is in World Showcase in a much more quiet area. Balance the load.

lazyboy97o

The ride was designed in a matter of months.

Donaldfan1934

One thing that they don't need is more people going to MK. It's mega crowded as it is. That would make Fantasyland a complete mess. They need more people to have a reason to go to the parks other then MK and that is probably part of the reason why it is in World Showcase in a much more quiet area. Balance the load.
I agree and disagree. In the short term before the DHS redo is done, Magic Kingdom is too crowded for a big new attraction, especially in the recently redone Fantasyland. In the long term, Frozen is a better fit for the Magic Kingdom and Fantasyland than it is Epcot and Norway. But at least it fits into Norway well enough so it won't be a thematic tone that's so bad that it scars part of the the park like Star Wars land will be to Disneyland.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Except Frozen hadn't even debuted yet by the time PFH was finished. I think Disney can be forgiven for not having a magic crystal ball that can see the future.

FigmentForver96

I agree and disagree. In the short term before the DHS redo is done, Magic Kingdom is too crowded for a big new attraction, especially in the recently redone Fantasyland. In the long run Frozen is a better fit for the Magic Kingdom and Fantasyland than it is Epcot and Norway. But at least it fits into Norway well enough so it won't be a thematic tone that's so bad that it scars part of the the park like Star Wars land will be to Disneyland.
Not quite, but it is almost as bad. At least Star Wars is looking to be new innovative rides (I know nothing just assuming), Frozen is guaranteed to be a cheap overlay to an area of a park that can not handle the crowds it will draw.

Disneyhead'71

It's only "cheap" when Disney does it.
When Universal does it, it's brilliant. :rolleyes:
Universal would never take their most popular family franchise and do a cheap overlay to an existing low capacity ride system.

on9rbwo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom