Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Next Big Thing

Now with all this going on is anyone REALLY expecting Toy Story Land or Star Wars Land to end up as good as the hype from Team Disney? It will be the same thing... Budget cuts towards the end, and a nice but not too great attraction...
it is becoming formuleic.
I'd expect this from something like TSL which is fluff more than anything, but SWL... they need to get that right or their a** is on the line. With the TFA breaking nearly every record in the book already and the sheer magnitude of what will be a 40+ year old franchise by then with a rabid fanbase, they can't screw this up.

They waited far too long for this to be a "Potter Swatter", but this is still a VERY high profile project and there will be lots of REAL media coming out to see it. Disney will want it to be every bit as good as Potter if not better as it will be compared to it. I constantly doubt Disney, but a project of this scope with the Star Wars name on it is something they can't afford to flub on.

Next Big Thing

Frozen is an overlay to an existing attraction. Kong is a full blown 6 min. E Ticket with an amazing hand sculpted facade. The fact that Kong started 3 months before this overlay and will open before it is.....humorous.
I don't want to sound like i'm defending Disney here because I find a lot of what they do these days to be questionable, but Universal, even with all they've done, is still playing from behind in the Orlando market. They NEED to get these attractions up and running quickly whereas Disney still has the luxury of taking their sweet a** time and letting parks rot away.

Even away from WDW things aren't the best. Has anyone mentioned AT ALL that Star Wars will be the first E-ticket at DL since IJA in '95?!? Or that DCA hasn't had any additions since CarsLand opened in 2012 (and while Marvel proposals are on the table, there's no sign of work starting anytime soon...)

Magenta Panther

I said in my text which Disney fans defend Frozen in Norway. The ones who defend them on anything. I'm sure there are names for them that are thrown around. And yea Star Wars fans made Phantom Menance but the movie is not liked, at all. I could be wrong I really could be but if Star Wars Land does not live up to the hype Disney makes it then people will be mad.

Then they'd have to get in line. :D

Disneyhead'71

Now we're getting somewhere.

ImageHandler.ashx

Where are the candy cigarettes?

TyTrap

When I first heard the news about this I was sad because the maelstrom was on my top 20 Disney attractions list. But now I turned this into a positive, everyone will be running over to world showcase to ride that which will open up lines on test track and soarin.

ToTBellHop

When I first heard the news about this I was sad because the maelstrom was on my top 20 Disney attractions list. But now I turned this into a positive, everyone will be running over to world showcase to ride that which will open up lines on test track and soarin.
Lol. With its added capacity, expect to wait 235 minutes for Soarin instead of 240. Yippee!

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Dec 31. The scrim over the Norway pavilion façade. Part of the original building on the right side, behind the scrim, has exposed aluminum framework.

IMG_7130.JPG

An update to the Frozen meet and greet area next door. The back of the Mexico pavilion can be seen on the far left.

IMG_7129.JPG

IMG_7128.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom