Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Universal would never take their most popular family franchise and do a cheap overlay to an existing low capacity ride system.

on9rbwo.jpg
Of course not.

image.jpeg

FigmentForver96

Considering that he used the same phrase over in the Stitch thread, I'm not really sure he understands the definitions of either "cheap" or "overlay".
I use the word overlay losely but the point I make in both threads is they overlay a current attraction with some cheap alternative to say hey the newest and hottest thing in the parks. Gutting the building may not have been cheap, but the overall experince is. The discussion has been repeated over and over but the frozen ride is Disney finding the cheapest and easiest way to capitalize on the movie Frozen and say they have a ride. No energy, thought or effort will go in this ride.

Matt_Black

The discussion has been repeated over and over but the frozen ride is Disney finding the cheapest and easiest way to capitalize on the movie Frozen and say they have a ride. No energy, thought or effort will go in this ride.

You're using a very broad definition of "cheap", so I can't easily rebut there, but how is working on something for over a year and a half "easiest" or showing "no energy, thought, or effort"? Obviously, there is SOME energy, thought and/ or effort, otherwise they just slap Elsa stickers over the animatronics and hope no notices/

Sped2424

I heard the guy they put in charge for designing the attraction has done some great stuff and while there are limitations (working with the existing ride track). The overall experience for this ride is going to be better than the previous incarnation. That said it doesn't justify frozen's placement here nor disney's laziness/cheap effort at shoehorning the attraction to this space. But that is a debate that has been beaten to death on here therefore we should focus on the now and the future in this thread rather than the "They shouldn't have". Also let's lay to rest the notion that this ride as a whole is going to be utter garbage, it's not going to be what tokyo is getting. But as a dark ride I think it holds promise.

mvieguy

I remember riding the Despicable Me attraction and compared to Nickelodeon Blast. It doesn't quite feel as interactive as the previous versions were.

i really hate when Universal Fans talk Crap on Disney, and vice versa. Why cant we just enjoy both. I am a huge movie buff, so if anyone is jaded, it should be me. Unversal has taken the "working movie studio" approach that made the part fun. and just went after Brand Themed Rides. I was upset when Back to the future became Simpsons, when Alfred Hitchcock Experience became Shrek 4-D. when I love Lucy became Transformers, when Hannah Barbara became Jimmy Neutron. When King Kong was replaced by the Mummy, when Earthquake was toned down into Disaster and of course JAWS torn down for Diagon Alley. BUT I GOT OVER IT!!! Same with Disney Hollywood Studios. I LOVED THE original Backlot Tour. and the Walking Tour with Honey I shunk the kids interaction and A Space Walk. BUT I GOT OVER IT.

times change. Theme parks Change. accept it. and stop dwelling on something YOU CANNOT CHANGE.

aladdin2007

So... What do you think the odds are I ride this thing on May 5? Soft opening maybe? Or will I be choking on pixi dust?

if the rumors are true about delays dont expect it at all in the month of May.
I heard the guy they put in charge for designing the attraction has done some great stuff and while there are limitations (working with the existing ride track). The overall experience for this ride is going to be better than the previous incarnation. That said it doesn't justify frozen's placement here nor disney's laziness/cheap effort at shoehorning the attraction to this space. But that is a debate that has been beaten to death on here therefore we should focus on the now and the future in this thread rather than the "They shouldn't have". Also let's lay to rest the notion that this ride as a whole is going to be utter garbage, it's not going to be what tokyo is getting. But as a dark ride I think it holds promise.

Well said...... And since Tony Baxter was the mentor of the designer here, his statements on the project made me feel better about it. Though still true it doesnt justify the shoehorning/cheap etc etc, but Baxter seemed pleased with how the design will correlate and fit in with Norway. Thats enough for me to give it a chance as much as I have been against it.

Next Big Thing

I'm expecting a mid-Late June opening at best for the ride.

I do wonder however if they'll open the M&G area early if/when it's ready. Epcot is surely going to need all the capacity it can get.

MrHappy

I've gone back several pages looking for sources about a delay, beyond someone's mom talking to a cast mem. No offense to the mom or cm, but is there an actual published report somewhere? Some site Disney's recent efforts which arguably are arguable ;) but until Diz says delay I'm assuming may 1 still.

Next Big Thing

Except Frozen hadn't even debuted yet by the time PFH was finished. I think Disney can be forgiven for not having a magic crystal ball that can see the future.
Ok, yes, you are right, PFT, was finished and I know they put a decent amount of work into it. HOWEVER, when you have something like Frozen, don't you at least consider putting a ride back in there? Or over where Storybook Circus is as a land? Or a land at DHS (preferably... MK doesn't need more people right now).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've gone back several pages looking for sources about a delay, beyond someone's mom talking to a cast mem. No offense to the mom or cm, but is there an actual published report somewhere? Some site Disney's recent efforts which arguably are arguable ;) but until Diz says delay I'm assuming may 1 still.

@marni1971 indicated that the schedule rumor does have credibility.

It looks like there might just be.

Both about the dire choice of location and the schedule.

FigmentForver96

You're using a very broad definition of "cheap", so I can't easily rebut there, but how is working on something for over a year and a half "easiest" or showing "no energy, thought, or effort"? Obviously, there is SOME energy, thought and/ or effort, otherwise they just slap Elsa stickers over the animatronics and hope no notices/
I did use a broad definition, and for that I apolgogize. The point I was wanting to make was the ride, even though it will cost millions of dollars, will not of the highest quality that Disney is known for. Don't get me wrong, I have said before and will say again that I will ride the ride and base I solely on the ride and not its location. I'm sure the ride will have some cool effects, but I know the effort and energy they are going to put into it is not what they could have done. Like one said, it is lazy and cheap from the perspective that Frozen deserves more. Anyway I realize reading back my points came off too short and inadequate, but that's what happens when your up late responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom