Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

A foolish mortal

That Yellow colour is not that uncommon in Norway... but you have to get used to it :)
Nope! Its rather common.. but doesn't mean they need another building in that color, as they already have The Fjording. They should paint the old part of the merchandise store (that is light purple now) back to the original yellow color, and have the attraction entrance in a totally different color. Why didn't they make the whole facade medieval like the main entrance? I think that would be a lot better :( The yellow building doesn't really work well next to it, even though you get used to it... Well well.. it'll be exciting to see how it turns out!

aladdin2007

Nope! Its rather common.. but doesn't mean they need another building in that color, as they already have The Fjording. They should paint the old part of the merchandise store (that is light purple now) back to the original yellow color, and have the attraction entrance in a totally different color. Why didn't they make the whole facade medieval like the main entrance? I think that would be a lot better :( The yellow building doesn't really work well next to it, even though you get used to it... Well well.. it'll be exciting to see how it turns out!

this!!

Bocabear

When every project seems to get mired in cost over runs, and slashed budgets, why would they change the facade at all? The original was lovely, lots of detail to the building and roof...they could have added a wonderful new Marquee over the entrance and a few theming details and saved a couple hundred thousand dollars that might make it's way into maintenance on some of the other attraction...lol

A foolish mortal

When every project seems to get mired in cost over runs, and slashed budgets, why would they change the facade at all? The original was lovely, lots of detail to the building and roof...they could have added a wonderful new Marquee over the entrance and a few theming details and saved a couple hundred thousand dollars that might make it's way into maintenance on some of the other attraction...lol
@aladdin2007 THIS!!

Bartattack

That wasn't recent then.
This was before thunder mountain (and half of frontierland) was closed. But it's actually worse now at the other kiosks because Peter Pan, Thunder mountain and Star Tours are all closed at the same time. (and Space Mountain will join that list next month)

They are handing out tickets for a free meal as compensation for all the closures and construction... But the lines to get this free meal are also huge.

spiritofNorway

10271607_10152074135756227_7915325462785436841_n.jpg

The roof is the same, so dont understand what people are talking about...!?
The yellow building NEEDS to be toned down... But lets remember how they fixed the merchandise-store when they made it very purple! Theres hope!

Disney Analyst

Amazing... we complain that Disney cheaps out on everything, then they spend extra money to change the facade to fit the new design and we complain that they shouldn't spend the money on stuff like that. Then, of course, there is that highly important shade of yellow, just amazing!

Well people need to have an opinion about everything... Because it's our right to have an opinion about every little thing... Thus I guess we can be negative Nancy's as much as we want to be... ??? All the time... Every day.... I'm gonna go paint my apartment yellow now. I'm out.

Mike S

View attachment 144008
The roof is the same, so dont understand what people are talking about...!?
The yellow building NEEDS to be toned down... But lets remember how they fixed the merchandise-store when they made it very purple! Theres hope!
That expression on your face is priceless. The problem with the roof I guess came from the pictures that made it look overly shiny and metallic.

Goofyernmost

We're not complaining that they are spending extra money... we are complaining that it looks bad!
That's the thing you don't know how it looks in completed form the entire evaluation is based on the shade of yellow. (as if even that matters) Liking a shade of yellow or not, is strictly personal opinion, not a factual observation.

A foolish mortal

That's the thing you don't know how it looks in completed form the entire evaluation is based on the shade of yellow. (as if even that matters) Liking a shade of yellow or not, is strictly personal opinion, not a factual observation.
First of all: No we dont know how it will look when its completed, but it's only a few weeks away, so HOW much different can it look? It's not like they will tear the whole thing down again. We are allowed to complain or discuss how it looks like RIGHT now, and it's not only based on the color, but the whole style of the building itself. Second of all: Yes the shade of yellow do actually matters... a lot, but clearly you can't see how it crashes with the grey medieval building on the right, so I'm not gonna bother trying to explain it. Thirdly: it is strictly personal opinion.. that's exactly why we are complaining and discussing what we think... like me and you.. right now

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Amazing... we complain that Disney cheaps out on everything, then they spend extra money to change the facade to fit the new design and we complain that they shouldn't spend the money on stuff like that. Then, of course, there is that highly important shade of yellow, just amazing!

With everything that they could spend money on in the parks why spend money to change a façade that looked fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom