Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

MagicHappens1971

ok the yellow is hideous but whats worse is that fake looking roof, however it must be pretty much done because that exact yellow portion is in the revised pavilion concept art.... they have ruined something again that didnt need fixing, but will see.........Im also understanding that the attraction entrance doors will be a wood brown look, which is fine, but not understanding this mustard yellow going on..and also the stave church is still locked?!??! anyone there able to check?
The Stave Church is still closed

Clamman73

It's pretty close to the concept. Hopefully the roof of the yellowish facade part, and the bottom part gets more facade details to be added.
newmaelstrom.jpg

aaronml

ok the yellow is hideous but whats worse is that fake looking roof, however it must be pretty much done because that exact yellow portion is in the revised pavilion concept art.... they have ruined something again that didnt need fixing, but will see.........Im also understanding that the attraction entrance doors will be a wood brown look, which is fine, but not understanding this mustard yellow going on..and also the stave church is still locked?!??! anyone there able to check?
Which concept art are you referring to? Something that has been publicly released or something internal to WDI?

Goofyernmost

Bigger question... what are the arrows for? I can't see any reason why those are going to remain, so obviously it isn't done yet. And if it ends up looking like the concept art... I think it looks fine. For those that do not understand a thing called patina, it is when the metal oxidizes and changes colors, becomes more of a dull finish (tarnish). That takes time and nature, not a lot of time, but, I don't expect we will see by opening unless they force the issue.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Bigger question... what are the arrows for? I can't see any reason why those are going to remain, so obviously it isn't done yet. And if it ends up looking like the concept art... I think it looks fine. For those that do not understand a thing called patina, it is when the metal oxidizes and changes colors, becomes more of a dull finish (tarnish). That takes time and nature, not a lot of time, but, I don't expect we will see by opening unless they force the issue.

Patina can be created artificially so you don't have to wait for it. Disney does it all the time, just doesn't look like they have done it here, at least not yet.

aladdin2007

I was under the impression that the ride entrance was just below the stonework façade. From these photos, it looks like the yellow "building" area is where the old Maelstrom FP machines were.

that is correct, however that area inside is still part of the queue and exit....unless they have removed the doors there completely.

A foolish mortal

I was under the impression that the ride entrance was just below the stonework façade. From these photos, it looks like the yellow "building" area is where the old Maelstrom FP machines were.
The entrance itself is as you said below the stonework. But the queue and exit should be in this yellow building leading into the old merchandise by The Fjording. They will need all the space they have got for the Frozen ride queue, so that is what makes more sense. There will be a new merchandise store by the Royal Sommerhus!

aaronml

The entrance itself is as you said below the stonework. But the queue and exit should be in this yellow building leading into the old merchandise by The Fjording. They will need all the space they have got for the Frozen ride queue, so that is what makes more sense. There will be a new merchandise store by the Royal Sommerhus!
Ahh that makes sense. Has the new merchandise store by the Royal Sommerhus been named yet? If not, that might be the "Golden Crocus" that I saw in some concept art.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom