Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

Cesar R M

The new entrance wall looks great, but like everyone else, that yellow building? Did they hire Epcot's future world painters? I think the other problem is that it's just too quick of a transition between the church/castle wall and the yellow building that looks nothing like it. And then you have the awful roof.

It's like everything they do anymore. Some of it's really nice and on point and then the rest leaves you scratching your head in confusion. Can they please get it together?
I actually wonder if the "silverish" color is just temporal.
Anyone remember the turrets at MK?
When they were getting fixed, they were painted bright silver infront of everyone for a bit.. Then they added the final blue.

Cesar R M

Not in the US.
actually, they might.
AT&T bought the second largest Mexican carrier, now we have FREE roaming in the USA and you can use your prepaid internet plans as well.
I suppose the same applies for AT&T clients connecting to the Iusacell-AT&T network in Mexico.

Cesar R M

When every project seems to get mired in cost over runs, and slashed budgets, why would they change the facade at all? The original was lovely, lots of detail to the building and roof...they could have added a wonderful new Marquee over the entrance and a few theming details and saved a couple hundred thousand dollars that might make it's way into maintenance on some of the other attraction...lol
I think you already know the answer, but in case you need repeating.. "It was not arrendell'ed enough"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
actually, they might.
AT&T bought the second largest Mexican carrier, now we have FREE roaming in the USA and you can use your prepaid internet plans as well.
I suppose the same applies for AT&T clients connecting to the Iusacell-AT&T network in Mexico.
Not for Europeans.

As of next summer data roaming will be obsolete for EU member countries when in other member countries.

AEfx

Amazing... we complain that Disney cheaps out on everything, then they spend extra money to change the facade to fit the new design and we complain that they shouldn't spend the money on stuff like that. Then, of course, there is that highly important shade of yellow, just amazing!

I wish I could give ten likes for this - because it's exactly what I thought when reading.

If they hadn't touched the exterior, we'd have even more people railing on it for being "lazy" and "they didn't even bother to touch the outside!" or "Wow all billion dollar Frozen gets is a new sign? They couldn't even throw up some new paint?"

Aside from that, of course, while it's interesting to look at behind-the-wall pics and speculate and such, this has taken a whole new level with Yellow-gate, LOL. I'll be interested in reactions when it's actually completed.

Now, all that said - I can't really blame folks. Honestly. So little happens so slowly at WDW, particularly in the frozen-in-time (no pun intended) WS, that folks can't help but obsess over a small section of painted wood, LOL.

BiffyClyro

I wish I could give ten likes for this - because it's exactly what I thought when reading.

If they hadn't touched the exterior, we'd have even more people railing on it for being "lazy" and "they didn't even bother to touch the outside!" or "Wow all billion dollar Frozen gets is a new sign? They couldn't even throw up some new paint?"

Aside from that, of course, while it's interesting to look at behind-the-wall pics and speculate and such, this has taken a whole new level with Yellow-gate, LOL. I'll be interested in reactions when it's actually completed.

Now, all that said - I can't really blame folks. Honestly. So little happens so slowly at WDW, particularly in the frozen-in-time (no pun intended) WS, that folks can't help but obsess over a small section of painted wood, LOL.

GOD BLESS YOU people moan so much on this site, I think they forget how lucky they are *Waits for the 'back in theday,' 'We paid good money,' 'Disney has lost its soul like them universal blah blah' army to quote* to have experienced disney and the parks. I'm glad they are committing to tis project and ugh, unpopular opinion, but Maelstorm needed a refurb and I know a lot of people aren't happy with it but things change and it wouldn't have changed if it was THAT popular.

I'm not really a huge Frozen fan, but my younger sister will love it and i'm looking forward to it regardless.

mimitchi33

Is it just me, or do the walls of the building look similar to the ones of the house from Up?
original-uphouse.jpg

clemmo

I was really hoping that yellow was photoshopped. The part above the old maelstrom part looks fine and from what I've seen the Sommerhaus looks fine but that yellow doesn't scream frozen or Norway at all

bhg469

I could pretend to care but I don't. Disney is pandering to the folks that rightfully said frozen didn't belong in world showcase. Disney adds a color that gives it more of a Norwegian port feel and its just pointless. The idea of world showcase is dead for this pavilion and a splash of paint does not matter.

MagicHappens1971

I don't really mind the yellow building. That new rock work plugging up the hole above the waterfall is REALLY distracting though. You can tell it used to be an opening. If you are going to plug the opening, at least convincingly blend the new rock work with the old.
Maybe I'm just oblivious but I didn't notice that they plugged it at all, if it wasn't for the yellow it would all blend in more cohesively but I can't tell that they plugged something

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom