No Pixie Hollow???

Mr. Morrow

I call it the truth. I see it a lot.

Teens don't want to sit in slow moving dark rides. This is a new generation that has grown on living in the fast lane. I'll give you buzz lightyear but that's it.

I will have to diagree with you and Disney is not a Six Flags park. If you are looking for cheap thrills with no theming at all go there :shrug:

lebeau

More technological sophisticated. What wrong with this generation? Is it because they enjoy thrill rides more than slow moving dark rides?

There's nothing wrong with this generation. But every generation (of teens anyway) just thinks it is so much more current and cool than the generation before it. We thought the same thing in the 80s.

Like I said before, if you're too cool of HM and PoC to the point where you skip MK altogether, you may as well just head on over to Uni. You'll find it more to your liking.

Or if you really want to get "radical" (or "rad" as they said in my teenage years) you could go to your local coaster park instead.

Grizzly Hall 71

What if people aren't close to a coaster park? And what if they like Disney better than Uni but don't like potc or hm? Is there a problem with not liking those 2 rides and rather enjoy a good thrill ride?

jakeman

So we are happy that something is getting the axe when there is nothing solid in the pipeline to replace it?

They are basically halving an expansion's who sole purpose was to increase capacity at MK and this is good thing because...it doesn't cater to the fan demographic?

I can't see this as a good thing. While I might not personally care for Pixie Hollow, I do care about huge waits at rides that do interest me. That is something that Pixie Hollow would help with. Now not only is that not happening, there is a possibilty that parcel of land may sit empty for another 15 years.

Good job guys...everything you wanted in the worst possible way. :rolleyes:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So we are happy that something is getting the axe when there is nothing solid in the pipeline to replace it?

They are basically halving an expansion's who sole purpose was to increase capacity at MK and this is good thing because...it doesn't cater to the fan demographic?

I can't see this as a good thing. While I might not personally care for Pixie Hollow, I do care about huge waits at rides that do interest me. That is something that Pixie Hollow would help with. Now not only is that not happening, there is a possibilty that parcel of land may sit empty for another 15 years.

HEY NOW! What have I told you about bring logic and reason to discussions such as these!:D

HM Spectre

More technological sophisticated. What wrong with this generation? Is it because they enjoy thrill rides more than slow moving dark rides?

If you're looking for high speed thrill rides, there are plenty of parks that you can go to for that kind of experience... head over to Universal or up to Cedar Point/Kings Island to give us Ohioans some tourism business.

MK has always been about much more than thrills, it's about telling a story and an entertaining experience instead of just a short adrenaline burst. There's something special about that and it's sad that some can't appreciate it. No need to change what MK is and always should be about.

bgraham34

If they plan to get rid of PH all they need to do is completely retheme Toontown. Make it more like Disneyland or a completely new interpitation and you are all set. You get Mickeys House, a new Dark ride and something for the young kids.

Grizzly Hall 71

If you're looking for high speed thrill rides, there are plenty of parks that you can go to for that kind of experience... head over to Universal or up to Cedar Point/Kings Island to give us Ohioans some tourism business.

MK has always been about much more than thrills, it's about telling a story and an entertaining experience instead of just a short adrenaline burst. There's something special about that and it's sad that some can't appreciate it. No need to change what MK is and always should be about.

Not trying to change MK, I just think it needs 1 more thrill ride. Not an entire thrill ride section.

Thrill

I like this. I would say expand Dumbo (where Pixie Hollow was supposed to be) and just retheme Toontown and Fantasyland into something more like DLR or DLP's as opposed to the fair theme. Even the new restaurants, maybe, but I'd reinvest the funds that were supposed to go to Little Mermaid and Pixie Hollow into an Adventureland or Tomorrowland expansion. (Seriously, a Tron ride would be really awesome. XD) An Animal Kingdom expansion would be nice, unless I'm just biased towards Beastly Kingdomme. (It would be a great response to WWoHP.)

lebeau

What if people aren't close to a coaster park? And what if they like Disney better than Uni but don't like potc or hm? Is there a problem with not liking those 2 rides and rather enjoy a good thrill ride?

That's not a problem. You're entitled to like what you like. But seeing as MK is the most visited park in the country, I don't think there are enough families in this situation for Disney to be concerned. DAK, on the other hand...

lebeau

And the Post of the Day Award goes to.... jakeman. Congratulations! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom