No Pixie Hollow???

lebeau

I just read the JH article again and can't believe that Disney would consider Carsland a Potter killer :lookaroun

I doubt they truly believe DCA will have any impact on Potter in Orlando. But they can't very well admit that they have no answer. So, they shift their focus to the most promising project currently in the pipeline.

Mr. Morrow

\

However the feeling is that once it's complete in DCA it'll be cloned in DHS as a replacement for that huge waste of space that is the backlot tour.

It would have to very modified to fit there but then maybe but while CL is only in DCA it will have no effect on WWOHP.

lebeau

I never believed that Pixie Hollow would get done. It was part of Phase 2, and any Disney watcher knows that Phase 2 projects rarely end up happening.

I was pretty sure th budget would be slashed. Like you said, Disney has a lousy track record with Phase 2s. But I always figured (and still do) that they would at least set up a Tink M&G somewhere. It's just too popular.

Evil Genius

It would have to very modified to fit there but then maybe but while CL is only in DCA it will have no effect on WWOHP.

No question!

Not to belabor the point, but I don't think it would need to be modified all that much. There's plenty of space back there for it. The layout may be changed, but that's about all I'd see beeing needed.

Evil Genius

I was pretty sure th budget would be slashed. Like you said, Disney has a lousy track record with Phase 2s. But I always figured (and still do) that they would at least set up a Tink M&G somewhere. It's just too popular.

I just hope that if Pixie Hollow doesn't come to fruition that Disney just doesn't leave that area empty or "themed".

lebeau

:brick:

Unless a clone is built in Florida.

Is there any reason to think that's coming any time soon? I mean, I expect clones. But by the time it's done in CA and then cloned here, the newness of Potter will have worn off.

Mr. Morrow

No question!

Not to belabor the point, but I don't think it would need to be modified all that much. There's plenty of space back there for it. The layout may be changed, but that's about all I'd see beeing needed.

You are right they could also keep Catastrophe Canyon as part of the theming.

lebeau

I just hope that if Pixie Hollow doesn't come to fruition that Disney just doesn't leave that area empty or "themed".

This is what I expect will happen. And some folks around here will cheer anyway because at least PH didn't happen. That would be a shame.

If they want to reduce PH to a Tink M&G, that's fine. But please build something else in its place. I could really care less about what property it's themed to.

jt04

Phase 2 is happening.

lebeau

Phase 2 is happening.

Your statement indicates a level of certainty that seems unwarranted. Every "insider" indicates that much of Phase 1 is up in the air, much less Phase 2. What indication do you have that Phase 2 is happening? :shrug:

(I already know this is wishful thinking phrased as a statement. I don't know why I bother.)

Evil Genius

Is there any reason to think that's coming any time soon? I mean, I expect clones. But by the time it's done in CA and then cloned here, the newness of Potter will have worn off.

I dont' know. My thinking is if WDI really wants to develop PIXAR Place as a legitimate part of DHS...it just seems like the logical move they would make.

Evil Genius

This is what I expect will happen. And some folks around here will cheer anyway because at least PH didn't happen. That would be a shame.

If they want to reduce PH to a Tink M&G, that's fine. But please build something else in its place. I could really care less about what property it's themed to.

Speaking of not caring what property was used...if I had a vote I'd cast it for building something themed to Emperor's New Groove! I don't care they did...I just love that movie so much!

lebeau

I dont' know. My thinking is if WDI really wants to develop PIXAR Place as a legitimate part of DHS...it just seems like the logical move they would make.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens eventually. But since it hasn't been announced it seems unlikely it would be a "Potter killer" just based on timing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom