No Pixie Hollow???

Evil Genius

My thing is, if they want to put the kibosh on Pixie Hollow that's fine. I wasn't a fan of it anyway...although my little girls would pummel me if they heard me saying that...but IF they are going to eliminate it then they cannot just leave that area underdeveloped or worse, not developed at all!

I'd rather have a complete PH than nothing at all! Otherwise Disney is really slipping down that dangerous slope of 'bait and switch' that they've already tip-toed around way too many times before.

Grizzly Hall 71

But apparently 3 is not enough. Remember? MK has 3 and yet it is being passed over in favor of parks with less than 3 thrill rides. I'm confused. :confused:

3 isn't good enough for MK because it is the most visited park in the world. To maintain it they should invest in a new thrill ride.

Evil Genius

3 isn't good enough for MK because it is the most visited park in the world. To maintain it they should invest in a new thrill ride.

But with Magic Kingdom being consistantly the most visited park in the country (if not world wide) can you not see where the capital needed to invest in a new thrill ride could better be allocated to say Animal Kingdom, or Epcot?

Grizzly Hall 71

But with Magic Kingdom being consistantly the most visited park in the country (if not world wide) can you not see where the capital needed to invest in a new thrill ride could better be allocated to say Animal Kingdom, or Epcot?

The way I see it, a new thrill ride in any of the parks would help any of them. But yes AK would need the most. I'm just saying in the case of MK instead of investing in M&g's they should invest in a new thrill ride at any of the parks.

herc

Glad to see that they are revisiting this budget for the Pixie Hollow area. This area is based on one of Disney's most beloved characaters and the new franchise Disney Fairies. It really does scream to have an area in Fantasyland. Come on, with four or five direct to DVD movies that are still popular, you should do something.

I just think that the area needs to be smaller and possibly partly indoor. One post here described Ariel's Grotto in Tokyo DisneySea. This is the look and feel that Pixie Hollow should have. Then everyone (yes, I used the generalization here) might get more excited. The possibilities of an attraction that starts indoors and goes outdoors (like the Alice ride in DL) using fiberoptics and other lighting would be amazing.

But a whole area, Nah!!

Animaniac93-98

So we are happy that something is getting the axe when there is nothing solid in the pipeline to replace it?

They are basically halving an expansion's who sole purpose was to increase capacity at MK and this is good thing because...it doesn't cater to the fan demographic?

I can't see this as a good thing. While I might not personally care for Pixie Hollow, I do care about huge waits at rides that do interest me. That is something that Pixie Hollow would help with. Now not only is that not happening, there is a possibilty that parcel of land may sit empty for another 15 years.

Good job guys...everything you wanted in the worst possible way. :rolleyes:

Don't worry Jake, I'm sure in 2 years time everyone here will cry over the loss of Pixie Hollow as the DVC/Pin cart moves into its intended place.

And compare it to the Hollow found in Disneyland, and Harry Potter and BK and say how grand TTF was etc.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
But they're 2 different mountains with 2 different beasts and 2 different themed ride cars (train for EE, bobsled for mattehorn). Maybe they can change the theme to just a bobsled race instead of being chased by a monster. Then that wouldn't be redundant.

MK doesn't desperately need an e-ticket in my opinion. If they are going to put in another e-ticket thrill ride, put it in a park that needs it more.

Matterhorn doesn't belong in FLand. It's a real place -- a real mountain. Put it where in belongs...World Showcase in Italy. Or better yet, behind/beteween Italy and a new Switzerland paviolion, because that's where the Matterhorn actually is. Can't theme the ride to the abomable snowman -- true, that would be too much like Everest. I would like Disney's first stand-up coaster, with a skiing the alps theme.

It's World Showcase that needs a thrill ride. Epcot has three, all in FW, and getting teenagers into WS is tough. Putting a thrill ride in WS would allow WS to open first thing in the morning as well, giving Disney some breakfast busienss at all those restaurants.

As for what could replace Pixie Hollow, I'll take a dark ride based on the classic characters in a revamped toontown, and maybe StorybookLand.

But really, let's just wait and see what develops.

ryanduggers

This depends on if you believe in the art work or the leaked blue print. The leaked blueprint shows the double Dumbos where ToonTown is (north of where Pixie hallow would be)

It is easy to move things that haven't been built yet

move the dueling dumbos, get rid of the tents, don't retheme Barnstormer, and keep the houses and the boat and use whats left to make an expanded toon town with a Silly Symphonies dark ride

Keep the left side (little Mermaid & Be our Guest restaurant)

SeaCastle

This depends on if you believe in the art work or the leaked blue print. The leaked blueprint shows the double Dumbos where ToonTown is (north of where Pixie hallow would be)

I was skeptical when I heard it at first, but two sets of blueprints exist: one with Dumbo located where it is in the leaked blueprints, and another where it appears in the artwork. Which one we're getting, I'm not sure.

cheezbat

If Dumbo goes next to Barnstormer, that leaves a very good sized plot of land...where Pixie Hollow was looking at going...but you know what? Looking at schematics and whatnot, that area would fit almost directly behind Cinderella's Castle...which means a mountain COULD be built back there and wouldn't ruin the asthetics of the castle...in all honesty, i think it would look pretty sweet seeing some type of exotic looking mountain behind the castle.

wizards8507

Matterhorn doesn't belong in FLand. It's a real place -- a real mountain. Put it where in belongs...World Showcase in Italy. Or better yet, behind/beteween Italy and a new Switzerland paviolion, because that's where the Matterhorn actually is. Can't theme the ride to the abomable snowman -- true, that would be too much like Everest. I would like Disney's first stand-up coaster, with a skiing the alps theme.

It's World Showcase that needs a thrill ride. Epcot has three, all in FW, and getting teenagers into WS is tough. Putting a thrill ride in WS would allow WS to open first thing in the morning as well, giving Disney some breakfast busienss at all those restaurants.

As for what could replace Pixie Hollow, I'll take a dark ride based on the classic characters in a revamped toontown, and maybe StorybookLand.

But really, let's just wait and see what develops.

Couldn't disagree more. The World Showcase is supposed to be classy and cultural, and a metal scream machine would soil it. TDO doesn't WANT teenagers in WS because teenagers don't spend money. Putting anything along the lines of a major e-ticket thrill ride in WS has the potential to completely destroy the pace and atmosphere of the entire area.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Couldn't disagree more. The World Showcase is supposed to be classy and cultural, and a metal scream machine would soil it. TDO doesn't WANT teenagers in WS because teenagers don't spend money. Putting anything along the lines of a major e-ticket thrill ride in WS has the potential to completely destroy the pace and atmosphere of the entire area.

I don't mind your thinking, but that isn't consistent with rumors or fact. Rumors of a Mt. Fuji coaster being added to Japan are about as frequent as any other recurring rumors around here. And the fact is that Maelstrom was intended to have some thrill factor. It failed, but that was it's stated intent.

"EXCITING VOYAGE BRINGS NEW THRILLS

TO EPCOT CENTER VISITORS IN NORWAY SHOWCASE

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., July 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Water trolls, Viking explorers and North Sea storms create thrilling moments for Walt Disney World visitors in the Maelstrom, Epcot Center's high seas Norwegian adventure which opened today.

The boat ride along dark and mysterious waterways is an exciting part of "Norway, Gateway to Scandinavia," the 11th nation in World Showcase opened last month by Crown Prince Harald and the Royal Norwegian Guard.
"

Perhaps the thinking has changed since then, which would be fine with me, frankly. But if you aren't putting the Matterhorn in World Showcase, it belongs nowhere in WDW.

Thrill

This. Although I will disagree with adding a thrill ride to Epcot. As mentioned before, World Showcase is not the place for thrill rides. The only place for one in Future World that I know of is Wonders of Life, and the Energy pavilion, unless it's closed. My personal preference is that Disney keeps "edutainment" in Epcot, rather than making it something it isn't. Animal Kingdom could certainly get some thrill rides on the theming scale of Expedition Everest by ways of Beastly Kingdomme. I'm not against thrill rides in general, just ones that replace rides better suited towards the park or lack theming. Hollywood Studios has countless options for new thrills. Magic Kingdom needs to stay a family oriented park with more focus on dark rides than thrill rides.

Mick G.

Just glad to hear the Pixie area is being rethough, hopefully. I mean, who would build a major portion of theme park around movies that haven't stood the test of time? Movies like Tinkerbell's Direct-to-DVD adventure, Roger Rabbit, ________ Tracy, the Rocketeer...

Come to think of it, DHS was built around movies that were in production at the time, and expected to become successful franchises. Movies I really liked, too. Just not classics for most people.

Mick

Azerin

So we are happy that something is getting the axe when there is nothing solid in the pipeline to replace it?

They are basically halving an expansion's who sole purpose was to increase capacity at MK and this is good thing because...it doesn't cater to the fan demographic?

I can't see this as a good thing. While I might not personally care for Pixie Hollow, I do care about huge waits at rides that do interest me. That is something that Pixie Hollow would help with. Now not only is that not happening, there is a possibilty that parcel of land may sit empty for another 15 years.

Good job guys...everything you wanted in the worst possible way. :rolleyes:

I was hopeful (maybe misplaced) that Pixie Hollow would turn into something really kewl with one or two attractions (hopefully one of them a dark ride) in addition to the meet and greets. I was looking forward to seeing what they planned as it moved forward. I wouldn't mind it getting axed (although a little sad) if it was replaced by something as good or better which I am doubtful about... as you said it is getting axed with nothing for sure to replace it and that makes me leery.

Hopefully the success of Harry Potter will help to push forward other plans if Pixie Hollow is dead :\

JohnLocke

This. Although I will disagree with adding a thrill ride to Epcot. As mentioned before, World Showcase is not the place for thrill rides. The only place for one in Future World that I know of is Wonders of Life, and the Energy pavilion, unless it's closed. My personal preference is that Disney keeps "edutainment" in Epcot, rather than making it something it isn't. Animal Kingdom could certainly get some thrill rides on the theming scale of Expedition Everest by ways of Beastly Kingdomme. I'm not against thrill rides in general, just ones that replace rides better suited towards the park or lack theming. Hollywood Studios has countless options for new thrills. Magic Kingdom needs to stay a family oriented park with more focus on dark rides than thrill rides.

I think Magic Kingdom and EPCOT could do with a few more thrill rides. Sure they need to stay fairly close to their original themes, but that doesn't mean they can't do it with a little bit of thrill to go along with it.

Dragonrider1227

Well, I personally wouldn't care one way or the other what happens to PH, but my sister is a huge Tinker Bell fan and would be pretty disappointed if they scrapped this. Unless they replaced the idea with a Neverland theme... Of course, to be true to the Neverland theme, my sister and I couldn't go in it seeing as how we're both adults :lol:
I call it the truth. I see it a lot.

Teens don't want to sit in slow moving dark rides. This is a new generation that has grown on living in the fast lane. I'll give you buzz lightyear but that's it.
Yes. Sadly, a lot of teens and even some adults seem to think that if it's not throwing you around like a rag doll, then it can't possibly be fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom