No Pixie Hollow???

DisneyNut2007

On the whole, I'm not sure I prefer the Iger era. Eisner had a lot of good years. In terms of WDW, I'm not convinced Iger has a better track record.

Well, then... PREFER THE IGER ERA ANYWAY! EISNER BECAME TOO MISERLY IN THE LATTER HALF OF HIS TENURE AND HAD TO GET THE AXE!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

DocMcHulk

(I have been hearing this for a while, and it was recently confirmed by Lee MacDonald. If Shanghai goes well, WDI as we know it will no longer be needed. It will be cut down into a smaller unit, using Uni Creative as the business model.)

So, WDI would be cut back to basically a creative and development department?

DisneyParksFan1

That's the direction they're heading in.

It would be sad, but there are positive aspects. (Like projects being less expensive, allowing for more to be built.)

So in the end it's better huh. Well, it'd be a loss, but hey whatever is best for the company to prosper in a good way.

SeaCastle

That's the direction they're heading in.

It would be sad, but there are positive aspects. (Like projects being less expensive, allowing for more to be built.)

Would they still adhere to SQS and be ablle to do things like Snow White's enhancements or changing signage at the parks (like the PeopleMover)?

BrerFrog

I know there are positive aspects, but I just don't like that idea. There is something special about having an exclusive group of imagineers that are completely immersed on Disney magic discussing new projects and creating new concepts, while training a younger generation to follow on their footsteps.

DisneyParksFan1

I know there are positive aspects, but I just don't like that idea. There is something special about having an exclusive group of imagineers that are completely immersed on Disney magic discussing new projects and creating new concepts, while training a younger generation to follow on their footsteps.

Agreed.

imagineer boy

Having them all the same is boring and unimaginative. Even when they do clones now they give them unique backstories. This isn't the Eisner era anymore.

It doesn't have to be exactly the same. They can make it bigger, give it more stuff, do somthing different with Goofy's house (since DL's is just a lame playground now), more interactive things to do, more details, maybe they could have the Toon Bus simulator concept (which would be amazing), there's all sorts of possibilities that could be done.

jt04

It doesn't have to be exactly the same. They can make it bigger, give it more stuff, do somthing different with Goofy's house (since DL's is just a lame playground now), more interactive things to do, more details, maybe they could have the Toon Bus simulator concept (which would be amazing), there's all sorts of possibilities that could be done.

Works for me as long as it goes to the Studios.

I suggested a set of rental bungalos that the toons use when they are "in town" for filming. There is a hollywood tradition of stars doing that.

Epcotservo would be so proud of me.

DisneyParksFan1

Works for me as long as it goes to the Studios.

I suggested a set of rental bungalos that the toons use when they are "in town" for filming. There is a hollywood tradition of stars doing that.

Epcotservo would be so proud of me.

Hmm... How are you sure about your signature

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom