No Pixie Hollow???

BrerFrog

How about they slash the entire Fantasyland idea (except the B&tb restaurant and little mermaid) and MAKE THE MATTEHORN!

Who's with me?

I love the Matterhorn, even if I have never been to DL, but don't you think it would feel redundant with EE sitting a couple of miles away from it?

Pete C

Was Pixie Hollow going to be outdoor or a themed indoor space to look like outdoor? If it is outdoor forget about it. People already want as many options as they can to get out of the summer heat. If they were to make it indoor...like you are heading into a deep forest with some fantasy-like quality to it then they might have had something. When you walk into Ariel's Grotto at DisneySea your jaw hits the floor.

Grizzly Hall 71

But they're 2 different mountains with 2 different beasts and 2 different themed ride cars (train for EE, bobsled for mattehorn). Maybe they can change the theme to just a bobsled race instead of being chased by a monster. Then that wouldn't be redundant.

cheezbat

Count me as one vote against.

Of course I knew I'd find lebeau as the one person to vote against this. lol :ROFLOL:
I'd love to see another mountain added to the Magic Kingdom, but I also don't think the Matterhorn is the way to go. If the Matterhorn were to go anywhere, it should end up at Epcot in a Swiss Pavillion. I'd rather see Bald Mountain/Villians Mountain added to Fantasyland...it would make more sense.

BrerFrog

Of course I knew I'd find lebeau as the one person to vote against this. lol :ROFLOL:
I'd love to see another mountain added to the Magic Kingdom, but I also don't think the Matterhorn is the way to go. If the Matterhorn were to go anywhere, it should end up at Epcot in a Swiss Pavillion. I'd rather see Bald Mountain/Villians Mountain added to Fantasyland...it would make more sense.

I just pictured a Roller Coaster going through a mountain with Chernobog on its top, and I smilled. :)

They would have to find a way to hide that behind the castle, though, because strange wouldn't begin to describe walking into MK and seeing that furious being looking at you from behind the castle.

Grizzly Hall 71

^^^^ I see what your saying. Maybe bald mountain can be like a bobsled/dark ride. I really think they should invest in 1 more thrill ride for MK though rather than soome m&g's. There's enough kid friendly stuff there, it needs another thrill for the teens.

lebeau

I just pictured a Roller Coaster going through a mountain with Chernobog on its top, and I smilled. :)

They would have to find a way to hide that behind the castle, though, because strange wouldn't begin to describe walking into MK and seeing that furious being looking at you from behind the castle.

They got rid of Alien Encounter for a reason.

There isn't going to be any villains-themed attraction at MK.

lebeau

I agree the Matterhorn is a bad fit.

As far as defending PH and FLE in general, I may be a minority voice on the forums. But I may be representing the majority of casual tousits as well. If not the majority, certainly a lot of the general population who has no idea people sit around and talk about these things.

Grizzly Hall 71

MK doesn't desperately need an e-ticket in my opinion. If they are going to put in another e-ticket thrill ride, put it in a park that needs it more.

Why doesn't MK need a thrill ride? Most teens only do Space and Splash and Thunder. There are no other rides that will fuel a teen's appetite in MK. With 4 it will atleast give them 3/4's a day of fun. DL has 5 thrills why can't MK get another 1? The casual tourist with teens these days are looking for thrills, not meet and greets. I've met (and know) a lot of families who skip MK completly because there's isn't enough for their teen to do.

lebeau

Why doesn't MK need a thrill ride? Most teens only do Space and Splash and Thunder. There are no other rides that will fuel a teen's appetite in MK. With 4 it will atleast give them 3/4's a day of fun. DL has 5 thrills why can't MK get another 1? The casual tourist with teens these days are looking for thrills, not meet and greets. I've met (and know) a lot of families who skip MK completly because there's isn't enough for their teen to do.

I didn't say it doesn't need an e-ticket. But as the park with the highest attendance in the country, it doesn't desperately need anything. It needs capacity more than anything.

Etickets drive attendance. Other parks need attendance bumps more than MK does. So while a new e-ticket at MK would be nice and appreciated by all the fans (including myself) other parks need it desperately. MK doesn't.

Kamikaze

Pirates? Haunted Mansion? Buzz (because its a game)?

Skipping MK? I call BS.

Grizzly Hall 71

I call it the truth. I see it a lot.

Teens don't want to sit in slow moving dark rides. This is a new generation that has grown on living in the fast lane. I'll give you buzz lightyear but that's it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom