No outside food and drink in WDW parks?

Stevek

So, TWDC should look out for themselves, but those who feel the quality of the food being offered inside the parks has declined (while prices of both the meals and admission have both risen) shouldn't? Sorry if I don't agree with such blind fealty to a company....

And in case you hadn't noticed, snark often begets snark....
Quite honestly, I'd gladly pay for some of the great food in Disneyland/DCA versus sneakin' in a PB & J. But I'm just as guilty as the next guy with regards to bringing food in...at least I was for several years when we had AP's and our kids were younger. Over the past couple of years, we made far fewer trips so we treated ourselves to food in the parks. The only exception was bringing in snacks for my daughter who is a Type 1 Diabetic. All that being said, it would be a bit hypocritical of me to be in support of a ban.

The Empress Lilly

This is exactly what we do. So, exactly what we do that you probably know to pour a small amount of water out of the bottle since the ice expands. Ice floats. Have you ever watched another liquid to solid transition aka freezing? Not many solids are less dense their liquid state, though a few are.
I wish I had know that before I used my magic way to smuggle in a Coca Cola bottle. :'(

Stevek

But did the bags contain food? I know of many fast food bag fetishists who carry them around for nothing but pleasure.
That's a new fetish for me...but yeah, I've seen people eating their Big Mac or $5 Footlong out of the bag.

andysol

I hate to be the naysayer, but Disney is a business and can choose to run a business in any format it deems fit.

Why shouldn't they look out for themselves? Everyone does and so does Disney and every other business on the planet if you don't you go out of business and then you cant feed your kids.

Didn't take long for the "Disney is a business" crowd to show up. Look- I'm fine with no picnic meals- it's the norm. But the "Disney is a business" Mantra is tired and old and ridiculous.
Disney didn't become Disney by just being a business. They took incredible steps and measures that set them apart from being just "a business". If you're ok with Disney just "being a business", then you're ok with Disney not being Disney anymore and going away from what set them apart in the first place.
Love them or hate them, Google, Apple, Facebook, etc all March to the beat of their own drums. They're "just businesses" yet they say to "hell with shareholders, trust us- we know what we're doing". And the money follows. Most of that is because they are the founders and CEOs and run their companies with passion. That gets lost once the generations go on and businesses are replaced with corporate types.

Your "Disney is a business" Bob Iger and crew care about two things- short term stock increase and quarterly/annual executive bonuses. If you think they care about the long term outcome and legacy of Disney- you're delusional. Wall Street doesn't care if Disney is around in 50 years. Heck, they don't care if they're around in 5. Do you? Yes? Then hold them to higher standards and take the words "Disney is a business" out of your vocabulary.

gmajew

I don't get why this is a bad thing... Stadiums don't let you bring in food, Movie Theaters, Restaurants etc why would WDW allow people to bring in outside food and beverages. Now water and kids snacks are different and I really don't see that being part of the ban.

Worse thing is when people don't clean up after their bring home picnic and stuff is everywhere....

The other issue places are doing this is the allergy epidemic in US. So many people are now so allergic to things it may be a double precaution to prevent peanuts on railings etc.

I also don't see why this piece of news should have 7 pages already!

Stevek

I don't get why this is a bad thing... Stadiums don't let you bring in food, Movie Theaters, Restaurants etc why would WDW allow people to bring in outside food and beverages. Now water and kids snacks are different and I really don't see that being part of the ban.

Worse thing is when people don't clean up after their bring home picnic and stuff is everywhere....

The other issue places are doing this is the allergy epidemic in US. So many people are now so allergic to things it may be a double precaution to prevent peanuts on railings etc.

I also don't see why this piece of news should have 7 pages already!
Many stadiums do let you bring in food. Folks bring lots of food into Anaheim Stadium. I think the bigger issue is that people see this as one more change Disney is making, on top of AP price increases & tiered pricing, that make people think Disney is all about money. Disney created the problem by allowing food in and they have every right to change that policy, and folks have every right to be upset.

dupac

I've seen plenty of bags of McDonald's & Subway brought into Disneyland
I've never been to Disneyland, but if restaurants are as close as everyone says the are out on the west coast, then I can imagine people doing this, however strange it might be to me. But in WDW? I'm struggling to wrap my mind around someone bringing in fast food to the MK for example. That takes a lot more effort... Might as well just eat in the car on the way to the park!

gmajew

Many stadiums do let you bring in food. Folks bring lots of food into Anaheim Stadium. I think the bigger issue is that people see this as one more change Disney is making, on top of AP price increases & tiered pricing, that make people think Disney is all about money. Disney created the problem by allowing food in and they have every right to change that policy, and folks have every right to be upset.
Wow no Chicago stadium allows food to be brought in... Heck bears don't even allow tailgating everywhere anymore... Pushed us out so far it sucks.

alphac2005

Exception for bottled water and I'm on board.

Guess you don't or haven't had a small child. The policy is laughable to people with small children. Would they confiscate baby food while they're at it? The endless food allergy type issues or kosher or halal foods, you name it, there are plenty of reasons that people bring in food from the outside besides it being an economic issue.

Goofyernmost

I have to say that this is one topic that I'm on the fence about. I have been regularly going to WDW since February 1983 and never once have I brought food or drink in with me. I do know many that did that, however. I don't think it is necessary (other then medical), but, it would be nice if Disney were a little more reasonable concerning their food prices. Sadly, they aren't and are not likely to ever be again. I guess when you figure how much it's already costing to have a Disney Vacation that is a small part of it. Reasonable means different things to different people though. I stay offsite so two of my meals are a going to be at a fairly good price anyway. That leaves lunch and snacks. So, like I said... doesn't mean anything to me at all.

I hate to say it this way, but, really people need to budget the cost of food when they go there. Plan for it and make sure that they can afford it before they go.

It does represent a difference in some of the people that will be able to attend. I remember back in the 90's witnessing a crowd of, I'm assuming, family members during what was called "Florida Day" when admission to the park for Florida residents was something like half price, going from person to person collecting change to buy a single fountain drink that was then shared among a number of people in the group.

Stevek

I've never been to Disneyland, but if restaurants are as close as everyone says the are out on the west coast, then I can imagine people doing this, however strange it might be to me. But in WDW? I'm struggling to wrap my mind around someone bringing in fast food to the MK for example. That takes a lot more effort... Might as well just eat in the car on the way to the park!
Yes, there are fast food places right across the street and plenty that people could drive thru on the way to the parking structure. I wouldn't expect it to happen as much at WDW but I would expect people to make sandwiches in their hotel rooms and bring them in. We brought sandwiches several times from home to DL.

Goofyernmost

Guess you don't or haven't had a small child. The policy is laughable to people with small children. Would they confiscate baby food while they're at it? The endless food allergy type issues or kosher or halal foods, you name it, there are plenty of reasons that people bring in food from the outside besides it being an economic issue.
Seriously, I don't think that is what is being proposed here. A loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter comes to mind as probably banned.

Incomudro

No, they wouldn't confiscate baby food or formula.
Food allergies? Most people who claim to have them - don't. That's right.
Legitimate
food allergies? Bring a doctors note.
Yes, I get quite intolerant with much of todays nonsense.
It seems everyone needs to be catered to.

asianway

Last I checked, Kosher food is not a right

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom