No outside food and drink in WDW parks?

Incomudro

Ehh I am on the fence about this. On one hand I do not think people should bring in full course meals to the park. On the other hand, when I was younger we would bring in energy bars and such for the day in case anyone felt bad at a sudden moment. My eldest brother was known for getting sick in the middle of the day on a whim, sometimes evens shortly after eating a meal. Bottled water and energy bars is what kept him going.
Doubtful they'd confiscate one's Quest Bar.

asianway

Well......
This looks like a good way to reduce the crowds at WDW.
If you eliminate everyone who has soy allergies and can't eat anything from the fast food joints, everyone who has allergies to MSG or other "flavor enhancers", people who can't eat processed flour products, people with Celiacs Disease, people who must take in liquids with electrolytes so they don't dehydrate, people who only eat Kosher or Halal, and people who just can't afford WDW food because they blew the budget to visit WDW, you will thin the herd.
This leaves the parks to the wealthy, in top health, overweight because they will eat anything, I don't want to be around "dirty" Commoners, self centered people who don't give a rats behind for anyone but themselves.
Yup.....
Sounds like the new America..............
Disney World goes above and beyond to accommodate allergies and special diets

jaklgreen

I understand your sentiment, but equating being at a Disney park with expecting free stuff is quite an oxymoron, I think!! When I'm there, I'm less EXPECTING free stuff and rather PRAYING for something... Anything!

My guess is that this is to stop anything brought in with a cooler. If you stuff it in a backpack, I'm guessing it'll be allowed in.

I get what you are saying. My statement was more along the lines of how a lot of people now feel like everyone needs to bend to their wills. I know when I was younger, and even up until about 5-7 years ago. You would not have people come in and try to tell you what to do and how to run your business, if they did not like something then the just did not go. Daily I see customers come in to where I work and ask to turn down the music because they are having a meeting or turn the fan off because they chose to sit under it. All types of things that I would never think to dictate to a business to do. Like I said, IDC if they ban food coming in, it is their business and their right. I am not going to complain about that. I think it is similar to people bringing another restaurants food into a different restaurant. Its convenient but kind of sketchy.

WildcatDen

A bit off topic, but I know you can bring food into the Cincinnati Reds games as long as the cooler is soft sided and under a certain size. We usually stop and get Subs and pack some grapes and some soda's. Apples and Oranges I know (and I think they would allow you to bring those as well) but it is a nice cost saver. I have even seen a family walk in with a bucket of Kentucky Fried. . .

If this comes to pass, at WDW, and includes items like granola bars, peanut butter crackers, or Teddy Grahams, I will be a tad put off but I think I will live. . .

jaklgreen

So, TWDC should look out for themselves, but those who feel the quality of the food being offered inside the parks has declined (while prices of both the meals and admission have both risen) shouldn't? Sorry if I don't agree with such blind fealty to a company....

And in case you hadn't noticed, snark often begets snark....

That is your opinion. That's great, post your opinions on Disney all you want. I, personally think there are hidden food gems still to be found. Railing against Disney and their policy is one thing, you did not do that. You attacked a fellow poster on their opinion. And of course they should look out for themselves, its a business. If you want them to still be in business in a few years that's what they need to do. Do I think that corporate America has turned greedy, you bet I do. The way to change that is to not give them your business or contact them directly.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That is your opinion. That's great, post your opinions on Disney all you want. I, personally think there are hidden food gems still to be found. Railing against Disney and their policy is one thing, you did not do that. You attacked a fellow poster on their opinion. And of course they should look out for themselves, its a business. If you want them to still be in business in a few years that's what they need to do. Do I think that corporate America has turned greedy, you bet I do. The way to change that is to not give them your business or contact them directly.
Oh b#ll#cks. Someone doesn't like my reply, they can push on by. Personally I don't care how or where someone spends their hard-earned money. Nor should those trying to save a buck or two be deemed unworthy of standing in front of another in line. It won't ruin anyone's magical time, I can assure you....

jaklgreen

Oh b#ll#cks. Someone doesn't like my reply, they can push on by. Personally I don't care how or where someone spends their hard-earned money. Nor should those trying to save a buck or two be deemed unworthy of standing in front of another in line. It won't ruin anyone's magical time, I can assure you....

So you are saying that if someone does not like what you post that they should ignore it and not make any nasty comment about it?? LOL You do see the irony in what you just posted don't you?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I have a son who is mildly autistic. Anyone with an autistic child knows that food aversions are one of the big things that you need to deal with whenever going out anywhere. While I can typically find something that he'll eat at most amusement parks (pizza, mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, french fries) I always like to bring a PB&J with us just in case (PB&J is something we can basically count on him eating 100% of the time). Even for non-autistic kids, I know picky eaters out there can be quite the source of stress and having some snacks with you that you know your kid will eat can help you to avoid or minimize many meltdowns. I completely understand Disney not wanting people bringing in giant meals to feed their whole family, and I understand if Disney is strict about no food (outside or inside) in various areas of the park or on certain attractions, but I would hope that they would bend the rule when your just bringing in small amounts for kids.

With regards to banning coolers or larger amounts of food, while I understand that, I would hope that they could at least be accommodating enough to offer covered seating areas relatively close outside of the park where people can "picnic". (not sure if those already exist or not because I'm always on Disney transportation when I go to the parks). Inevitably, some people are going to want to try and save money while at Disney by not eating in the park and simply banning food will not always force them to buy. If people need to go off property to eat or back to their hotel rooms and therefore are spending less time at the park, I would ultimately think that would hurt Disney in the long run because it would be less money spent on snacks and souvenirs...

But in full disclosure, my opinions are certainly skewed my my specific situation, and ultimately, Disney is going to do what Disney wants to do...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So you are saying that if someone does not like what you post that they should ignore it and not make any nasty comment about it?? LOL You do see the irony in what you just posted don't you?
No, what I'm saying is that I don't care whether they reply or not. And there's mighty irony in playing the woe is them card while having no issue decrying others for simply avoiding paying the mouse more money....

Crystal J

I have a feeling the new food policy will look a lot like Universal Studios. Here are Universal Studios Hollywood & Orlando's Policies. So water / small snacks (such as goldfish) would all be fine if Disney goes this route.

Hollywood:

We offer a variety of fresh, delicious food for our guests to enjoy at restaurants and concession stands throughout our property; however, we understand that guests may need to bring outside food and drink into our parks. For more information on specific in-park dining options, please see our Dietary Food Guide. Please note the following guidelines for bringing food and drink into our parks:

Acceptable items:
  • Bottled water
  • Small snacks
  • Any food required for special dietary needs
  • Any food required for medical purposes and medically-indicated nutritional supplements
  • Baby food/baby formula
  • Soft-sided insulated bags no larger than 8.5” wide x 6” high x 6” deep
Prohibited items:
  • Large coolers of food
  • Alcohol
  • Glass containers
  • Hard-sided coolers
  • Soft-sided coolers larger than 8.5” wide x 6” high x 6” deep
  • Coolers, suitcases, and bags with wheels
Orlando:

We offer a variety of fresh, delicious food for our guests to enjoy at restaurants and concession stands throughout our resort; however, we understand that guests may need to bring outside food and drink into our parks. Please note the following guidelines for bringing food and drink into our parks:

Acceptable items:
  • Bottled water
  • Small snacks that do not require heating
  • Any food required for medical purposes and medically–indicated nutritional supplements
  • Any food required for special dietary needs
  • Baby food/baby formula
  • Soft-sided insulated bags no larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep
Prohibited items:
  • Picnic lunches
  • Food that requires heating or refrigeration
  • Alcohol and glass containers
  • Hard-sided coolers
  • Soft-sided coolers larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep
  • Coolers, suitcases, and bags with wheels
  • Clothing with offensive language or content
  • Clothing that represents someone as emergency personnel

MissM

This differs little from any other entertainment space one would enter, from a sports stadium or concert hall.
A meaningless comparison. A sports stadium or concert hall is a 2-3 hour event max. A day at Disney is 8-12 hour (or more!) event. One can simply wait out a couple hours and eat after, but a day at the parks requires food and water at some point in the duration.

deeevo

Considering Busch Gardens policy is water only. Disney may go this route. I have always felt Disney was very lenient when it came to bringing in food and drink. We are now at a point where we try to bring in as little as possible to avoid bag check. Even with two four year olds.

Busch Gardens

Food & Beverage Policy

Restaurants and concession stands are conveniently located throughout the park. Hard and soft coolers, glass containers, food such as sandwiches, meals, snacks etc., and flavored drinks may not be taken into the park. Water bottles may be taken into the park. Outside food and drinks are not allowed in Busch Gardens. Guests with special dietary needs,

DManRightHere

Disney World goes above and beyond to accommodate allergies and special diets

True to an extent. My mother has celiac's and her reactions are so severe we can not take a chance on others preparing her food. Though it is not like it is difficult to leave the park for her to go eat at the car/hotel. It would be upsetting if she could not bring her own water and food bars.

DManRightHere

Considering Busch Gardens policy is water only. Disney may go this route. I have always felt Disney was very lenient when it came to bringing in food and drink. We are now at a point where we try to bring in as little as possible to avoid bag check. Even with two four year olds.

Busch Gardens

Food & Beverage Policy

Restaurants and concession stands are conveniently located throughout the park. Hard and soft coolers, glass containers, food such as sandwiches, meals, snacks etc., and flavored drinks may not be taken into the park. Water bottles may be taken into the park. Outside food and drinks are not allowed in Busch Gardens. Guests with special dietary needs,

Do you know the rules for universal? I always made my wife wait until we enter the park before she purchaed her coffee!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom