No outside food and drink in WDW parks?

Incomudro

A meaningless comparison. A sports stadium or concert hall is a 2-3 hour event max. A day at Disney is 8-12 hour (or more!) event. One can simply wait out a couple hours and eat after, but a day at the parks requires food and water at some point in the duration.

Not meaningless.
One can stay is a Disney Park for whatever duration of time they choose.
In any event, the park has food.
Lots and lots of food.
In Epcot, there are foods from various nations.

DManRightHere

Here are the guidelines for Universal. Seems fair. Not sure why you can have an insulated bag if you can not have food that requires refrigeration. I guess for bottle water? This also does not address outside drinks that were purchased.

Acceptable items:

• Bottled water
  • Small snacks that do not require heating
  • Any food required for medical purposes and medically–indicated nutritional supplements
  • Any food required for special dietary needs
  • Baby food/baby formula
  • Soft-sided insulated bags no larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep

Prohibited items:
  • Picnic lunches
  • Food that requires heating or refrigeration
  • Alcohol and glass containers
  • Hard-sided coolers
  • Soft-sided coolers larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep
  • Coolers, suitcases, and bags with wheels
  • Clothing with offensive language or content
  • Clothing that represents someone as emergency personnel

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

I hate to be the naysayer, but Disney is a business and can choose to run a business in any format it deems fit. From a business perspective, they have every right to protect it's assets, including food and beverage consumption by limiting what comes from the outside in.

Disney is in the business, to make money. While it is entertainment, and for the people, it is still a business. As a retail store manager nothing irks me more than when people come into my store, and ask for more discounts. I don't make the rules, I don't set the prices, and I certainly am not going to give you a lower price because it's out of your budget.

If you can't afford, or don't want to pay for the food, (whether it tastes good or bad) don't go to Disney, don't spend your money at the parks. You not going to the parks, and taking up reservations, will leave better fast passes, more food options, and a more enjoyable experience for my friends and family to not have crowds of people who can't budget, save money, or think they can circumvent the business trying to do business.
Few replies more persistently pop up than the 'it's a business' mantra and few I'm afraid are more persistently irrelevant.

Yes, we all know TWDC is a business. Like most everything else we pay money to. We, however, are not TWDC. We are its consumers.

Last edited:

dshow99

Disappointing....we go from opening to close and bring snacks, frozen water bottles and a sandwich for lunch (in our backpacks, not in a big cooler). Then we'll sit down later for dinner somewhere within the park and pay the extra high prices for rather average food.

dshow99

Not meaningless.
One can stay is a Disney Park for whatever duration of time they choose.
In any event, the park has food.
Lots and lots of food.

We go to one park for the entire day....so having the ability to bring in food/snacks/water should not be prohibited. Yes there is food everywhere at the parks but that does not mean I should have to pay the very high prices for very average (or below average) food.

Nick Wilde

And saying that if people don't like it they shouldn't go, less people in line in front of me brings about the warm and fuzzy inside of you? Guess loyalty to the mouse will do that to some. Fortunately I've heard that having a few less peasants in front of one in line cures those ills....
What?

andysol

We go to one park for the entire day....so having the ability to bring in food/snacks/water should not be prohibited. Yes there is food everywhere at the parks but that does not mean I should have to pay the very high prices for very average (or below average) food.

Why not? You're in their park. Bringing in outside picnic lunches aren't a right. If they change the policy, then you can't- and now you get to pay high prices for mediocre food.
That's how you can show your Disney side!

Universal's policy is fine- Disney can follow that guideline. I do love people getting upset at Disneys new management decisions. Finally waking people out of their Disney-blind comas.

dshow99

Why not? You're in their park. Bringing in outside picnic lunches aren't a right. If they change the policy, then you can't- and now you get to pay high prices for mediocre food.
That's how you can show your Disney side!

Universal's policy is fine- Disney can follow that guideline. I do love people getting upset at Disneys new management decisions. Finally waking people out of their Disney-blind comas.
Don't believe I said it is a right...even at Universal we did the same thing and weren't told that we could not take anything in. If my family and I throw all our garbage out and are not a hindrance to anyone else I don't see how this is an issue. Obviously they are trying to make more $$$$. We do it to save some money and time (i.e. instead of sitting down for lunch and taking time away from rides/attractions).

olie64

Some of these response truly show how entitled people have became. It not like we are talking about a state or national park we are talking about a private company. Yes it been nice but it not like its our right to take outside food in. Heck movie theaters even ban this along with about every other amusement park I have ever been to

Last edited:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I can tell you how to smuggle in water bottles. All you need is some lubricant and
I need more details please.
Explains the rancid salad I had at Sunshine Seasons. I would guess it was shipped in from Madagascar.

• Clothing that represents someone as emergency personnel

Explains why the gun show that my lifeguard tank top was allowing me to put on was frowned upon. Of course, as I've mentioned before I was a lifeguard at World Showcase lagoon for years and years, so I thought Uni was being a bit OCD about this.

Don't bring a cooler full of burritos to Downtown Disney in California.
This sounds like code for something else.
Disappointing....we go from opening to close and bring snacks, frozen water bottles and a sandwich for lunch (in our backpacks, not in a big cooler). Then we'll sit down later for dinner somewhere within the park and pay the extra high prices for rather average food.
This is exactly what we do. So, exactly what we do that you probably know to pour a small amount of water out of the bottle since the ice expands. Ice floats. Have you ever watched another liquid to solid transition aka freezing? Not many solids are less dense their liquid state, though a few are.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

Seems to me like they're trying to price-out the people that stop by for just a day when they're on vacation to grandma's. I know Uni is just as expensive for a day trip, and it's why I only visit there 1-2 a year when a resident ticket deal comes up.

I don't think it is a big deal. Many, many places, including movie theaters do not let you bring in outside food. Interesting news. I hope we see something along the lines of what Uni has in place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom