No outside food and drink in WDW parks?

Phicinfan

That is your special need. Bring a water bottle with a filter.
It wasn't a need, it was an observation, perhaps you should not be so touchy on the subject. As for record we do bring water to the park in large bottles that we refill and freeze every night to have ice water always available.

Thanks for you concern though....:)

Brad Bishop

So, TWDC should look out for themselves, but those who feel the quality of the food being offered inside the parks has declined (while prices of both the meals and admission have both risen) shouldn't? Sorry if I don't agree with such blind fealty to a company....

Disney food is OK now. Some of the TS have some pretty good stuff and some of it not so good. Prices have gone up considerably over the last few years.

I used to have a rule of: NEVER EAT PARK FOOD

Didn't matter if it were Disney or Six Flags. The stuff would turn my stomach/make me ill. Then, when I started going to Disney again, I tried their food (around 2007) and it was pretty good and, while expensive, I kind of got it (captive audience).

I still won't eat at Six Flags. Dollywood is OK. I'd probably say, "No," to Busch parks, though - it may have gotten better over the last 25 years so I'd have to see.

It's not always about saving money, some of it is just about not feeling sick later or the rest of the day.

Brad Bishop

They could also charge by size (of the person that is)--more for adults and less for kids...you know, bigger bodies need more water than smaller bodies. :D

Exactly! The point isn't for people to have a good time but for TWDC to extract as much money as possible per person so their spreadsheets (and bonuses!) look good.

Well done!

Maybe there could be a line for water and you could charge a water-line fee. So, you could stand there all day waiting for a bottle of water or you could pay an up-charge of $10 to pay to move to a stand which solely handled the VIP customers and their water needs.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
They could also have different quality water for different quality of guests.
  • Swamp water for those who have to scrimp and save to go to WDW.
  • Tap water in bottles for the middle class.
  • Highly filtered spring water for those 1 percenters that reserve all the suites at the Deluxe hotels.
They could even color code the bottles so that everyone knows at a glance what kind of people they are standing in line with.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
They could even color code the bottles so that everyone knows at a glance what kind of people they are standing in line with.
Not necessary. You can spot those dirty poor people from a mile away. Once you are next to them in line, the smell confirms any lingering suspicions you may have had.

NelleBelle

Not necessary. You can spot those dirty poor people from a mile away. Once you are next to them in line, the smell confirms any lingering suspicions you may have had.

I agree, however, having color-coded H2O bottles will be the next "must have" while at WDW. It used to be movin up from value resort to mod. to deluxe and so on; now it's, "honey, we HAVE have super-highly-filtered-exorbitant-spring-toilet water that's color coded out of our yearly budget! How on earth would it look for us to be drinking anything less??!!"

Nubs70

They could also charge by size (of the person that is)--more for adults and less for kids...you know, bigger bodies need more water than smaller bodies. :D
And WDW could add.a small amount of diuretic to have you drink more. Similar to salted.snacks at the bar.

DisneyCane

If they do ban people from bringing water into the parks, they will end up with a huge class action lawsuit. Not because they don't have the right for such a restriction but due to the heat in Florida. All it will take is a few people to start passing out from heat stroke and the lawyers will find a way to make a gigantic class action out of it.

I can certainly understand (and support) restricting food. Humans can go without eating for a whole day in a theme park without major issues (unless you have diabetes or some other medical condition). Also, there is a cost to cleaning up after people that bring food in and to dispose of the trash.

Same thing for non-water drinks. Nobody can argue (again, with the exception of medical conditions) that they need to drink soda, juice or milk while they are in a theme park.

However, becoming dehydrated from lack of drinking water is a major problem for every human. You can not safely spend a day at a theme park (especially when it is hot) without drinking some water. Water fountains are not sanitary. If they ban water from coming in, the only way they will avoid being sued at some point will be to provide convenient water dispensers where you can fill a free cup with water.

Also, unless they institute pat downs on the way in, I can guarantee you that I can get past security with a bottle of water on my person.

asianway

If they do ban people from bringing water into the parks, they will end up with a huge class action lawsuit. Not because they don't have the right for such a restriction but due to the heat in Florida. All it will take is a few people to start passing out from heat stroke and the lawyers will find a way to make a gigantic class action out of it.

I can certainly understand (and support) restricting food. Humans can go without eating for a whole day in a theme park without major issues (unless you have diabetes or some other medical condition). Also, there is a cost to cleaning up after people that bring food in and to dispose of the trash.

Same thing for non-water drinks. Nobody can argue (again, with the exception of medical conditions) that they need to drink soda, juice or milk while they are in a theme park.

However, becoming dehydrated from lack of drinking water is a major problem for every human. You can not safely spend a day at a theme park (especially when it is hot) without drinking some water. Water fountains are not sanitary. If they ban water from coming in, the only way they will avoid being sued at some point will be to provide convenient water dispensers where you can fill a free cup with water.

Also, unless they institute pat downs on the way in, I can guarantee you that I can get past security with a bottle of water on my person.
Any sane judge would throw that case out. Perhaps you have some precedents to cite in case law?

Incomudro

Many, if not all outside venues that I go to do not allow you to bring water in.
I don't know what Disney will do, but it's not an unusual practice for security to make you leave that stuff at the gate. Even for outdoor concert venues in the middle of the summer.
I'm assuming that much of this is about security.
The less stuff packed in, the quicker, easier and more efficient it is to check people entering the park.
It speeds the whole process along when half the crowd isn't packed like they're climbing Everest.

peter11435

Many, if not all outside venues that I go to do not allow you to bring water in.
I don't know what Disney will do, but it's not an unusual practice for security to make you leave that stuff at the gate. Even for outdoor concert venues in the middle of the summer.
I'm assuming that much of this is about security.
The less stuff packed in, the quicker, easier and more efficient it is to check people entering the park.
It speeds the whole process along when half the crowd isn't packed like they're climbing Everest.
I feel like you might be right about the security connection. On a recent visit to animal kingdom I saw four families around the park eating fully packed picnic meals out of Tupperware containers. In the grand scheme of things it's a very small percentage of guests that do this. However there is no way for security to know what exactly might be hiding in the Tupperware container or what else is wrapped up in the tinfoil covered burrito. Security can't exactly go sticking their fingers in people's rice.

Myth Maker

You can ask for a cup of ice water at any food stand that has a soda fountain and they will give it to you for free. Great tip for those looking to save money but don't want to use the water fountains.

Incomudro

I feel like you might be right about the security connection. On a recent visit to animal kingdom I saw four families around the park eating fully packed picnic meals out of Tupperware containers. In the grand scheme of things it's a very small percentage of guests that do this. However there is no way for security to know what exactly might be hiding in the Tupperware container or what else is wrapped up in the tinfoil covered burrito. Security can't exactly go sticking their fingers in people's rice.

Yes, and security sorting through that and trying to determine if what's wrapped in foil should be unwrapped and checked, what's contained in a soft sided cooler of a given size is indeed food etc. takes time and discretion.
It's far easier to tell people to come in packing (pardon the pun) nothing.
Someone set dropped one of those dry ice/plastic bottle explosives in a garbage can just a year or two ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom